“Great Customer Service, Kid Friendly!” 4 of 5 stars

Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
San Rafael, California
“Great Customer Service, Kid Friendly!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This was a great place, especially if you have children. We had a room with a patio (highly recommend) that was right next to the pool, which was perfect for kids going in and out to the pool. We were amazed by the great customer service from everyone that worked there, for the exception of the bartenders. They provide a warm buffet breakfast and made to order omelets every morning. During the evening they do serve food, not really a restaurant environment and they have a bar. The rooms had some slight imperfections, such as chipped paint, etc, but very clean and very comfortable. The rooms have a living room, separate bedroom, and either a "half kitchen" (microwave and small refrigerator) or full kitchen, which was nice because we stayed for several days. The location was great because it was not in downtown Sacramento but close enough to enjoy it and close to a few river accesses.

Room Tip: Would recommend a room with a patio near the pool, especially if you have children. They do have a...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

My family and I stayed here for for a long weekend recently. We had stayed at this hotel a few years back while visiting family and had no hesitations staying here again based on that experience. I don't know what has changed, but the hotel has gone downhill since our last stay. While the main lobby was in good shape, the hallways and our room seemed more like a Super 8 than a Hyatt property. The halls are dim and uninviting. The pool was very dirty to the point that I didn't allow my daughter to swim in it. It didn't appear to be cleaned the last two days we were there.

Our room was no better. There were cobwebs in the ceiling of the bedroom, the shower head looked like it hadn't been scrubbed for years due to the calcium deposits and the housekeeping staff only did the bare minimum when cleaning the room each day. I am not a picky person by any means, but when the housekeeping staff doesn't clear away dirty dishes from the room, it just seems odd.

I also had a few interactions with the front desk that left me less-than-impressed with the service. I have status with Hyatt, and while I NEVER use that card to receive special treatment, I was surprised to not have one person express appreciation for my loyalty to the Hyatt brand. That is the first time that has happened to me. I realize this isn't a Regency or Grand, but customer service at these mid-tier hotels goes a long way to my repeat business.

The lone bright spot was the sweet lady who was running the breakfast operation all by herself. She was working her tail off, but she was the only one working the breakfast so it was obviously difficult for her to keep up with the morning rush.

Having said all that, if you are looking for a lower budget hotel room that can accommodate a family, this may be a good option for you. It isn't horrible...but it also isn't a Residence Inn or Homewood Suites.

Room Tip: Choose a room on an upper floor, preferably facing away from Highway 50.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Requested a dbl room when booked however upon arrival was told that we could only get the double room if we paid more. The lobby looks modern but the halls and rooms look like they need to be updated and cleaned better. The amenities shown on the website do not match the actual rooms. Overall not a great experience

• Stayed July 2014
Arcata, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

My crew team has been coming here for a number of years, even before it was a Hyatt. We were a little concerned about the conversion but it has turned out just fine.
There is a great staff.Very accommodating. I run logistics for a group that usually runs 35-60 people and Maggie in Sales (as was Manuel before her) are just excellent. The front desk staff, all of them, too many to name, greet us with smiles and our group check-ins happen smoothly (even if the group shows up at all different times). They've got a set of rooms, double king lofts, which work so well for us...and the pool and hot tub has a nice patio area we sometimes BBQ (their grill) and relax. Housekeeping staff works wonders...clean rooms, clean bathrooms. What more could you want...Comfortable beds? Yeah, they've got those too. And then there's the breakfast crew. Lourdes greets us no matter how early with a huge smile and hello...and the omelette and prep cooks for the breakfast (included) couldn't be more effective making delicious food than they are. We've been coming here for years, multiple times a year, for a reason. It's central to Lake Natomas (rowing venue) and we've never felt like there was a reason to look for a different place. Plenty and varied restaurants nearby, within walking distance, or small plates in the lounge with a cocktail.

Room Tip: Can be a little noisy if you need to sleep with your window open, but with them closed you'll li...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Buffalo, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

From an outsider's perspective, the accomodations looked beautiful. On the contrary, hotel staff unfortunately made a poor decision in handling a lost dog incident which in turn has resulted in a family pet being lost for good. After a disasterous evening which involved a car break in and our dog getting away from our hotel across the street on Point East Drive, Hyatt House management gave permission to a hotel guest from out of town to keep our dog instead of taking the appropriate steps and contacting a local dog warden. After two days of panic and unsuccessful searching, I visited the hotel in attempt to get more information. I was told that my dog from Buffalo, NY was on hotel grounds and one of the guests had him in her room. I was relieved and thankful that I could be reunited with him until after several hours and countless phone calls the guest who had him was not returning to the hotel grounds. While I was unable to sleep anticipating her arrival at any time, I went over to Hyatt House first thing the next morning only to be told that the guest who had our family dog had checked out and he was no where to be found. That dog had since been passed off to a stranger at a local horse show in Rancho Murieta with no information exchanged. He has been missing since 9/20/2013 and I have yet to receive any assistance from the guest or the hotel staff involved. Heartbroken, devastated and frustrated don't even begin to describe my experiences with this establishment.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
West Sacramento
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I was there on business and I had my Amex Corporate card in hand. This hotel does not give Corp rate unless you apply ahead of time...Red tape.
Hotel was nice, limited closet and dresser dwarer space. Breakfast was nice, fresh omlettes cooked to order are included

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

I stayed here a couple of nights in May, 2014 and I would definitely stay here again if in the area. I thought it was a good value overall.

What I liked:

Nice front desk staff
Pool--Outside
Hottub--Outside
1 block from the Gold Line Train to downtown Sacramento or Old Town Folsom.
Right off the 50 at Sunrise
Just 1.5 miles from an entrance to the American River Bike Trail.
A few blocks from Thai Smile Cuisine --a local mom and pop I liked a lot--you will smile afterwards.
A few blocks from In and Out Burger on Sunrise.
In a cluster of other hotels like Holiday Inn and Marriott if you like to hotel bar hop.
Seemed generally safe but don't leave valuables showing in your car since its right off the highway.
Spacious Rooms.
Extremely! comfortable beds.
Large showers.
Living room area.
2 Flat screen TV's
Excellent full breakfast for free 6 to 9 am only--get your A out bed! It's worth it!
They will make you a complimentary custom Omelet at breakfast! Egg whites too!
Quiet and restful place.
Cold refrigerator in the room. Micro in the room.
Easy free parking.
All doors except main reception requires card key entry.

What I did not like:

1) I have stayed at many a hotel and motel in my time including Hyatt's and this one has housekeeping issues I can tell you for sure.

Details:

Upon entry to the room, it was made up--but dirty--not just from the last customer--generally dirty build-up over the course of time. Dirt in the corners in the bathroom, heavy dust on walls behind the living room TV, a long hair from someone else on the bath towel over the sink (I have not had hair close to that long since college LOL), counter in the bathroom was sticky from the last customer--I just took a wash cloth and cleaned it up myself--some of it was soap that dried forming a hard film that needed more rubbing to remove it. Basically--you did not want to look too close in this room and I tried to avoid looking and touching. I was busy and had business to get to at the Capitol, so I washed up and headed back out.

The next day, I left the room at 10.30 in the am and put out the "please make up my room" sign. I return at 7 pm, sign is on the door, and no one came to make up the room!! What?!

I called down to the front desk, she was very nice, apologetic, and sent the housekeeper up in 5 minutes. Housekeeper knocks and says to me, "not sure why they sent me here--what can I do for you?" I told her, and she quickly refreshed the room.

They really should keep a list of which rooms have been serviced so they don't miss rooms. Again something is wrong on the housekeeping end.

I checked out the next day.

2) The other thing that puzzled me was regarding Oatmeal at breakfast. The first day they had fresh great hot oatmeal! Love it! The next day, no oatmeal. I ask and was told that they switch off oatmeal for biscuits and gravy every other day. What?

That is like taking away someone's fruit and giving them a candy bar!

DO NOT remove the oatmeal from breakfast please--this should be there every morning. It's the last thing that should be removed! from breakfast. It's like not giving you towels in the room--you don't do that.

I told the front desk at check-out that I was not happy about this.

The other thing regarding breakfast is that closed sealed cups of yogurt (Dannon) are better than a giant unmarked vat of yogurt like they had--I did not like many people handling the spoon and putting it back into the yogurt vat.

3) They really need a digital signal coming to the TV's. They are using analog into modern flat screen LCD's and the picture is as clear as watching TV over a rabbit ear antenna in an apartment in the 1970's . Get the picture? Do something about this--it's so sad.

Room Tip: There are inside rooms that face the pool, and those that face the parking lot so you can watch your...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Been to HYATT house Sacramento/Rancho Cordova? Share your experiences!