“I'll be bock...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
Rancho Cordova
“I'll be bock...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I stay in the area for business, booked here 1st time. Polite staff, room was very quiet, clean and LARGE. Price was better than other close hotels. I will stay here again and often. Comp b-fast great.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

I travel to the Sacramento area on a regular basis and am always interested in trying out the hotels in the area. This one BY FAR is in a class by itself. Everything was superb! Starting with the room.. big, quiet, very clean, comfortable beds, two flat screen TV's, newer upgrades, nice comfortable towels, small mini fridge and a microwave. When your there for 5 days, a those things really make a hotel nice. No having to hunt down someone to heat up food, etc.
Next, were the employees. Everyone was so courteous, professional, friendly and helpful, they went out of their way to please! I only got the name of the breakfast attendant because I saw her every morning and she would come to my table and talk to me and see if I needed anything and make small talk. Her name is Lourdes and she is a wonderful employee who cares about the patrons.
The breakfast was fabulous, made to order omlettes and lots of other hot food always available, other egg dishes, potatoes, bacon or sausage, oatmeal, pancakes/waffles, fresh fruit and yogurt, juices and coffee/tea, with other things as well. Always well stocked and clean! There was something for everyone, I eat healthy so I enjoyed the option of egg whites and all the vegetables in the omlettes. I also really appreciated the times of the breakfast during the week, they stayed open until 09:30! Most hotels don't realize that not all their patrons are buisness people and like to sleep in and have a later breakfast, loved that, and I even saw them stay open a bit later when some guests came a little late. SERVICE!
The fitness room was wonderful, bikes, treadmills, ellipiticals, weight machines, stretch balls and weight balls. There is a private TV for each machine with the exception of the bikes, and there is a big flat screen to watch if you happen to be on a bike. They provide free earphones, so what your watching is private and have fresh bottled water, towels that were always stocked and my favorite, a little fridge where they have wet, cold towels to wipe down with when your done working out. It's those little extra things that make a big difference in my world.
The wireless worked great in the room and everywhere, it was free, as was parking. They have a buisness center with 4 or 5 computers available with free printing, and they have a little mini store for snacks, drinks and newspaper. The security and lighting were great at night, the hotel is locked at night, accessible with your key, even in the front, so I felt very safe in this environment being a lone, female traveler.
This hotel has a beautiful pool and jacuzzi which I didn't use because it was pouring rain, but I could see the steam coming from it and went out to touch it and it was warm. This is a really nice thing since all the pools I have stayed at at this time of year are not heated for their guests. I would have used the pool had the weather not been so bad, it looked rather inviting!
They have a bar open from 5-10 pm every night that I did not take advantage of with food options to order, when I return next time I will try this. This hotel is a bit out of the way, so no walking distance to the common things, such as liquor store, grocery store or common restaurants, but the drive to those things ( over a freeway overpass) was a mere 5-10 minutes. There is a Starbucks in the Marriot right across the street so that was a nice thing to have available that I could walk to.
I don't know what else to say...it was wonderful, felt like home and I never slept so good in my entire life while staying in a hotel. BRAVO to the staff, owners which made this a very pleasant stay!

Room Tip: I was on second floor facing the pool, it was very quiet. I can imagine in the summer it might be a...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Milwaukee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Hyatt House is the rebranding of the former Hotel Sierra and Summerfield Suites. And just like with Amerisuites when they converted them to Hyatt Place, it can be hit or miss with these places. This particular location is an older hotel that Hyatt decided to go cheap on the renovations. They threw some paint on the walls and stuck a few pieces of contemporary furniture around the room but it's easy to see where they cut corners. Showers were untouched and look like they're from the 80's. There was peeling paint in my bathroom. They stuck a flat screen TV in the living area but in the bedroom, they kept the big old Zenith TV's. Personally, it's a bad sign when a hotel still has the big televisions. Elevators are old and the one in the back of the hotel would drop a bit before the doors closed. The hotel is also very cut up so you will be walking through long hallways and cutting across the middle courtyard to get to your room.

I initially thought Hyatt House was supposed to compete with more modern, mid-level hotels like aloft, newer Garden Inns and Courtyard but it appears this particular location is more like a Fairfield Inn or Comfort Inn. There are newer Hampton Inns that are much better than this location. Hyatt had a chance to win me over but thanks to this location, I will be keeping my Hilton Diamond status.

Aiea, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

I stayed here on a business trip. The room cost was within the per diem rate. The staff was very courteous. The room was a two room suite, a little older, but clean. Free wireless internet, free on premises parking, fitness room and a great hot breakfast, free.

Rosemont, Ill, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Over the last year, I have stayed at 7 hotels in the Rancho Cordove area.

This is by far the best hotel. I stayed in the one bedroom double queen suite. Those rooms are the nicest I have ever stayed in. The only exception was a room in the London Waldorf in an executive suite,

The living room has a desk facing the TV. Between the desk and the sofa bed there is a nice amount of space, then there is the the sofa bed and accross from the sofa bed is the TV, Heading to the bathroom from the living room is a sink to the left and across from that is the bedroom with its own door and TV, The really nice feature of the room is you do not have to go thru the bedroom for the bathroom, which allows the person in the bedroom quiet while you are working.

I found the staff really friendly and willing tio help.

The only downside to this hotel property is the units with kitchens. I stayed in those for one week and was not really happy with the unit, If you really need a kitchen, consider paying double for the Residence Inn,. If you do not need a kitchen, make sure you are in the main building.

Also, the breakfast is fantastic.

THe rankings of the hotel as a business traveller is
1) Hyatt House
2) Residence Inn (Alot more expensive and prefer the Hyatt House layout better, The desk in the Residence Inn is facing the window and is against the window)
3( Fairfield (No dinner)
4) Marriott (The staff is ok, but I heard they are getting worse, but do not complain to Marriott, the GM will try to get you fired)
5) Holiday Inn (Breakfast sucks and it is sit down)
6) Hyatt Place (Room Layout)
7) Choice Inn (big dive)

Room Tip: Ask for the main building. Other building with the kitchens are not as nice
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Bridgeport, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

We have enjoyed staying here a number of times now and the service has been great each time. The dining staff has been very friendly, especially Loundes and the chef. The front desk has also been very accommodating also, helping us get the rooms we needed.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I booked this about 2 days before we were due to arrive there.
I booked this based on other people's reviews and the fact it was part of the Hyatt brand. It was also a good price at $80 per night.
Faced with a choice of staying at a SFO hotel for our arrival night, then moving on somewhere close to Sacramento for the following 2 nights, I just decided to book this place for 3 nights and do the 2 hr drive from SFO to Rancho Cordova...........after our 11hr flt from London!
From check in to departure, all the staff were excellent! They were all very friendly, helpful and polite. Staff that I remember particularly.....nawal and Zina from the breakfast service area. They fell in love with my 2 little girls and made a point of coming over to us the following 2 mornings at breakfast to say hello. Nawal makes a wicked omelette!
So, it goes without saying, the 'free' breakfast each morning was a great success with our 2 and 3 yr old girls. They had a fantastic choice of food.
Our room was very spacious. 2 queen beds in a room that can be isolated from the living area. The beds were soooooooo comfy! I think beds are a very important factor in any hotel/apartment and these were superb.
The hotel has a heated pool, but, for this December stay, a bit too chilly to use.
The hotel, all in all, was well presented and had a nice feel about it.
Something we don't usually do in hotels is eat there in the evening. I don't like paying over the odds and not getting a good meal.......however.....this place was fantastic. Our 2 girls were too tired to go out and so we were stuck with eating at the hotel. It definitely did not disappoint though, a great meal, at a reasonable price, at a great pint of decent ale. The ambience was really nice too. I have to say, it certainly surprised me/us at how good the food was, along with the friendly service and the fair price!
All in all, a great stay!
We did go to stay at another Hyatt House, about 10 days later, which seemed to be in a nicer area - San Ramon (review to follow)

Room Tip: Just get a rate you're happy with. We paid $80 a night, but, had we shifted a night, it would ha...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to HYATT house Sacramento/Rancho Cordova? Share your experiences!