“Short but great stay~” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
San Jose, California, United States
“Short but great stay~”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here a couple weeks ago due to an event happening at the Sunrise Event Center. It was about a 5 minute away from the hotel which was a plus! No point of driving. This hotel can be seen from the freeway exit, which was easy to find.

Upon arrival, check-in was really easy. This area is quiet from what I see. The lady in the front was super nice and accommodating with extra towels and little shampoo bottles. Our room was on the 4th floor. It was really cute, just like most La Quinta's I've been to. We don't usually look for much since we always bring our necessities, so we didn't have high expectations. The bed was really comfortable too! But it was kinda weird how it only had 3 pillows... I've always seen rooms with 4? Maybe that's just me lol. We also had some friends come into our room to meet up before going to the event and the front desk was really nice about it. Felt bad for disturbing the people next door to us! I apologize!

What I really love about La Quinta is that they include a microwave and fridge. There are also many food places around that are about 10 minutes away drive. Also, the restaurant across the street takes togo orders! +It's pretty good too, you can just walk across the parking lot to the restaurant.

I think the only thing that threw us off was the strong smell of cigarettes on our floor, when we requested for a nonsmoking room.

Room Tip: Ask for more pillows and try the restaurant across the street!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Albion
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

My husband and I make frequent trips to Sacramento to visit family and friends. This hotel works well for us because we travel with our dog, which can be extremely costly at many hotels, and we are on a fixed budget. La Quinta does not charge for the dog, the staff are cordial and helpful, and the location is central. As others have observed, the hotel is kept clean, and though it is not a new and shiny place, it is a good value.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Hawthorne, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

We travel to Rancho Cordova once a month to visit family. Needless to say, we've stayed at several hotels. The La Quinta Inn and Suites on Folsom Blvd. was one of the best places we've found. The location is perfect, only a few minutes drive to the house. It has a free breakfast that we found enjoyable and convenient. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean and comfortable and came with free Wi Fi. The price made it a great bargain. The only negative comment I have is my husband wishes they would add biscuits and gravy and bacon to the breakfast menu.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

La Quinta utilizes pillow top beds which are quite comfortable...this is a plus for the chain. The location is good and has adequate parking. Housekeeping did not replenish my soap/shampoo each day with seems to be a harsh cost cutting tactic. I don't like running out of soap and had to ask at the lobby. My room was clean. The layout of the room was spacious. The breakfast is standard La Quinta fare which is very carb heavy. I've complained to the chain and was told that menu changes may be coming, but this one did not have any meat and you have to peel the eggs yourself. At least I could peel these fairly easily. For the price, I'd say it was a decent value. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Restaurant next door is ok, but fairly pricy for what you get.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Stayed here for for four nights while working in Sacramento. The room was clean and well maintained. Everything worked fine in the room. Room seemed pretty well insulated and could not hear much exterior noise. Breakfast was good. Front desk employees and breakfast server were all very nice. Did not use the pool. Gym was ok but lacking weight equipment. Bathroom was pretty small but the shower was nice and had numerous water settings. Beds were comfy. Showtime, ESPN and many other channels on a good tv. Plenty of parking.

Room Tip: Ask for room not facing freeway.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Santa Cruz, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My friend and I decided to stay here very last minute I am talking we booked the hotel at 9pm and it ended up being a pretty nice place. Good price and the staff was friendly even when we showed up at 11pm. The room was nice and we had a comfortable stay. They had breakfast which is always a plus. The only problem I had staying here is we were a non-smoking floor and the whole floor still reeked of cigarette smoke.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Rancho Cordova Sacramento? Share your experiences!