“Best place to stay in the sacramento area” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Rancho Cordova Inn

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Rancho Cordova Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Rancho Cordova Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10713 White Rock Road, Rancho Cordova, CA 95670 (Formerly Vista Inn Sacramento Rancho Cordova)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
San Francisco, California, United States
“Best place to stay in the sacramento area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I have been in the Sacramento area since February and this is the best place to stay without a doubt. The rooms are spacious and the beds are comfortable. The breakfast in the morning tastes great and has a lot of variety. The recently renovated pool and newly installed putting green are a great addition to this property. I have stayed at more expensive hotels with much less to offer than the Red Lion Inn. Everything about this hotel deserves 5 stars but what really separates it from the other places are the people. Carol is the best.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
WASHINGTON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

My husband and I just spent 10 days at the Red Lion. The reason we chose this hotel was due to the reviews on Trip Advisor.....and we were not let down. This Red Lion bathes you in customer service from initial contact (ours was with Carol) to the maintenance staff. Regardless of how busy the front desk was, we were treated with respect and concern by everyone who staffed it. The Wifi in our room worked great but it was nice to have the business center available to print out boarding passes, etc also. Breakfast was pretty standard but the serving area and eating areas were kept immaculate...another customer service kudo. Often the designated eating area is stuck in a back room but this one is bright and airy and at the front of the hotel. As mentioned before, seamingly unlimited sausage and crisp bacon were available. Pastries were a bit tasteless but toast and large bagels were a good alternative. It seemed to me that coffee/juice were available 24/7; another small but noticable customer service touch. The hotel is undergoing renovation of the pool area and the guest rooms. When completed, the physical property will match the customer service. Meanwhile, I will recommend this hotel for anyone who values customer service. The entire staff makes you feel important.
The property has easy on/off freeway access, there is a McDonalds and a nice Mexican restaurant outside of the parking lot, a good shopping center with Target, etc is across the highway and a small snack "store" in the lobby. We stayed on the 3rd floor, with inside hallways only and would choose that room again. There is a tiny balcony available on the 3rd floor, about 4 tables w/chairs. This is cheerful spot to drink a cup of coffee in the morning or enjoy the evening breeze if you do not want the noise or crowd that often surrcounds a pool area. I liked that you need a room key to access the elevator going up to floors 2 and 3.

Room Tip: Third floor has indoor hallway which makes the rooms quieter. Most families would chose Floor 1 or...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed for a girls softball tournament this past weekend. We were with a group of payers so our room cost was very reasonable for the accommodations. Rooms were clean and functional. I really liked the fact that each room came with a mini-fridge and microwave. The refrigerator needed to be De-iced so hopefully that has been taken care of by now. My only issue with the room was our window faced Highway 50 and the glass is only single pane. If you stay here I recommend you get a room on the opposite side of the highway.
The "Free" breakfast was good as they go when it comes to discount hotel breakfasts. The staff was friendly and courteous. It was nice that when we showed up late in the evening to check in after a full day of playing softball...they had our room keys already made up and all I had to do was tell them the type of car and license plate number. Check in took less than 3 minutes. The neighborhood is nice with a McDonald's and a very good Mexican restaurant on the other side of the parking lot. I would stay there again, just on the other side of the building.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the highway.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I stay in Rancho Cordova about once a week and have come to consider the Red Lion Inn my "home." The staff is friendly and helpful - especially Carol and the woman who runs the breakfast - the rooms are comfortable, the breakfast has several choices and ample quantities. Good value for the money. I was staying in another local hotel until I stayed at the Red Lion by "accident." Have been coming here ever since.

Room Tip: Inside corridor rooms on third floor are very nice. They are more expensive in general, but they of...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Junction City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel frequently over the last several months. Carol has consistently been friendly, cheerful and goes out of her way to make you feel welcome. Her outstanding customer service is so appreciated and certainly is a big part of our pleasant stay at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Mountain View, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Making a point of leaving a review due to the outstanding service we received from Carol at the Front Desk. We called in at about 800P on a very busy night. There were only 2 or 3 rooms left at the hotel, and and Carol was helping one person and had 3 people waiting in line. She answered the phone promptly and politely asked if we could hold. Within a minute she was back on the phone. She asked what she could help us with and we told her we were just looking for a non-smoking room for the night. She quickly checked availability and told us she didn't have time to take out information, but she would hold the last non smoking room for us since we were heading right over. We arrived about 10 minutes later. She greeted us warmly, the line had been checked in and despite what must have been a very hectic night, she treated us as if we were the only clients she had had that evening! I have managed staff most of my career and am the first to give feedback if I have a problem, but also try to do the same when i have a good experience. Please be assured, we have never stayed at this property before and I have never met Carol before. Due to the excellent service we received from Carol, we stayed at your property last week again (and Carol remembered us!), I am just about to book a room once more for tomorrow night, and will continue for our one night in Rancho Cordova over the next several weeks until our business is complete there. Please be assured, that this is really because of Carol that we continue to return, Your property is actually a little out of the way for us, but you can't beat the warm greeting and great service! With the utmost sincerity - Susan

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Hanford, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

i had a very good stay at this hotel. Having to stay in the Rancho Cordova area for business I was quite surprised at the service and staff at this excellent hotel. The rooms are very clean and modern. The beds are extremlly comfortable.I recieved the best service from Carol at the front desk, She was extremly helpful in organizing my stay. I recomend this hotel highly and will stay there any time i am in the area...

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms are quietest and have flat screen t.v.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Rancho Cordova Inn? Share your experiences!