“Stay away” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
Martinsburg, West Virginia
“Stay away”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Overall the hotel itself was fine. My biggest complaint was that I didnt feel safe leaving my room after dark. The crowd around the hotel was very rough and made me very uneasy. I also had a problem with people outside of my room blasting rap music with obnoxious amounts of bass at all hours of the night. I also witnessed what I believed to be a prostitution ring being ran on the second floor.

Like I said earlier the hotel itself was fine and nothing special and was within walking distance to quite a few restaurants. If you dont mind a "rough" crowd then this hotel is fine.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the lobby. Steer clear of the back side near the interstate.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Kasey L, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Rancho Cordova - Sacramento, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to give you my deepest apologies for the problems you encountered during your stay with us.

We do have security who patrol the parking lot on a regular basis and we do our best to keep the noise at a minimum.

Thank you for sharing your concerns and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you.

Kasey Logan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Clovis, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is a great place to stay. Friendly and helpful staff. Peter at the front desk was always cheerful and friendly every morning. I stayed from Monday and left on Friday for the past six months and it was always good. Great place for the price.

Room Tip: Rooms are quiter away from the stairs.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear John,

Thank you tremendously for your wonderful review. We greatly appreciate your business and hope to see you again when you are back in the area.

Amboy, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Surprised/shocked at how nice this place was being it was a $50-range budget motel. Friendly staff at the check-in and a remarkably clean, exceptionally modern fixtures and, yes, I dare stay stylish decor!

These rooms look as though they were renovated recently, and I got to hand it to whoever was in charge of the design because it really does feel luxurious (I never thought I'd say that for a budget motel, but it's true). Tons of in-room amenities, a nice table top that I was able to use my laptop on, solid wi-fi connection and overall just very comfortable and cozy.

What's keeping this from being a five star review is the location. Don't get me wrong, the surrounding area is very safe. However the motel complex is located near the freeway off-ramp with a Hooters and another late-night restaurant/bar adjacent to the parking lot. I did wake up once at night to the sound of a loud motorcycle engine. Other than that, I must say it was quite a surprising treat to stay here.

High return on quality and comfort for your money. I wish I could have stayed there longer!

PS: This review was done in February 2013 and since then, the quality of reviews for this place has changed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Kasey L, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Rancho Cordova - Sacramento, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you greatly for taking your time out to write such a wonderful review. I will definitely share your review with all of our team members.

Other than the locations you have mentioned in your review we also have plenty of shopping centers in a close walking distance that include Target, Ross, Marshall's and much more.

Again thank you for your kind words and business we hope to see you the next time you come to the area.

Kasey L.
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my daughter and we couldn't get out quick enough. The terrible smell in the room made it difficult to sleep, we actually contemplated sleeping in our car. We had a non-smoking room, but this means nothing. All the smoking guests stand at the railing outside the rooms and smoke. With the window air units this quickly makes every room a smoking room. Our room was so loud! I'm not sure which was worse, the air unit or the traffic on Olsen. In addition, it didn't look like the air conditioner had been wiped down in years, it was so filthy. Even though it was cheap, we did pay money to stay there. I wish I would have spent the extra $20 and stayed somewhere nicer. The only positive about the hotel was the Target across the street and the Starbucks next door.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Rancho Cordova Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience was not a pleasant one.

I would like to let you know that we will soon have a designated area for smoking so we will no longer have the smell of smoke coming in to non-smoking rooms.

Once again I deeply apologize for the problems you had during your stay with us.

Mission Viejo, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed at this Red Roof a few years ago. It's ok for a basic budget hotel. Just needed a place to sleep. I wouldn't call it a great hotel/motel, but if you need a place to crash for a night and don't want to stay on someone's sofa, it's ok.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Peggy,

I would like to say thank you for taking your valuable time to write a review for your last stay with us.

I wanted to let you know that we have made quite a few changes to our hotel since you have stayed with us. We now have flat screen televisions in all of our rooms, we have an evening Maintenance GSR, and we have made a lot renovations to the exterior of the hotel.

Once again thank you for your business we definitely hope to see you soon.

Kasey L.
Pinole
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Red Roof Inn is not the place to stay if you need a good nights sleep. I use to stay here on a regular basis due to my out of town travels to this area and trying to save a dollar or two. It's not worth it. The management of this facility doesn't know how to manage the place. When other guests are making noise all night long, Management will not send around security until you phone and complain. It's a noisy place and not worth the extra dollar compared to Motel 6 a block away. This is the place to avoid, unless you are one of those noisy guests who just wants a place to party all night and knowing that you won't get kicked out, then all means, this is your place.

Room Tip: This tip to help other traverlers choose a good room, stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Malhar J, Manager at Red Roof Inn Rancho Cordova - Sacramento, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear MR. R,

I appreciate you taking your valuable time to write a review. I sincerely apologize your stay was not a positive experience. Your feedback is very important to me and I will do everything in my power to improve our quality and service.

We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. When we see something unusual happening on our camera system, we definitely call our Security Company to take care of the issue and we as a hotel, reserve the right to vacant the room when guest does not comply with our policy.

I would welcome a call (916.638.2500) or email (I0665@redroof.com) from you regarding your recent stay with us. I am confident you will have a much more enjoyable stay in future.

Malhar Joshi.
Palo Alto, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed here with my kid for a sports tournament recently. I found the place by reading reviews, but booked using a bidding site which saved me about 25%. So, I liked the price and was expecting basic. What I wasn't prepared for, was the fact that using the bidding site essentially locked me into a smoking version of the smallest room they had (smaller than I had ever imagined, too). I thought the room assignment would be random and that if they had extra two bed or non smoking rooms, they'd let me have one. That's not how they look at it. Ultimately the front desk clerk helped us out, but I didn't get the impression that management wanted to.

The first thing that we noticed, obviously, was how bad a smoking room really can be. We're not used to it, and this did not smell like random, occasional smoking. It smelled like many packs were smoked in there over the past few days. It was an overwhelming smell.

The second thing we noticed, and this my daughter noticed, was that a support pillar near where we had parked our car had been hit and was on a precarious angle, holding up a corner of the building. Possibly this only holds up the balconies, but I don't know how the forces are distributed in the building, and it didn't look good. Will upload photo. Also on this topic, when we went into our room, the light came through the door in a very skewed way. Assuming that the door was indeed rectangular (as they typically are), this implies that the door opening was tilted and this typically indicates that the building is tilted... Photo to be added.

The third thing to be aware of is the crowd. I don't know much about the town, but I'm pretty sure I saw both drug dealing and prostitution in the Target parking lot across the street. Again, not my expertise, but I definitely saw a guy "rolling" (with like papers and licking it, etc) some sort of "cigarette" in the exterior hallway by the pool. There was also a lot of security and police presence in the parking lot. Overheard/saw a family being monitored by security as they vacated their room. Beer drinking old dudes talking about strip clubs on deck when we tried to use the pool. Also found smear marks on the back window of my car in the morning, where it looked like someone wiped it to see if there was anything good inside.

Finally, after we went to bed for the night, someone swiped a key in our door and tried to enter. I yelled at them and watched through the peep hole. They couldn't fully enter because we had it double locked. Turns out it was security again that was checking on us. Apparently because of a computer mix up, they thought the room should have been empty. Scared the crap out of my kid and they weren't the least bit apologetic, although the front desk was.

All that being said, it wasn't horrible, and it was the right price for me. I might even stay there again. Although, I hope they are able to deal with the crime issues they seem to be having. It seems like they are trying to. On the upside, the discount shopping in the Target mall is great, and there is a Starbucks next door.

Room Tip: Make sure you book a non-smoking room if you don't smoke. Don't leave valuables in the car.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Malhar J, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Rancho Cordova - Sacramento, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Kristn1,

I appreciate you taking your valuable time to write a review. I sincerely apologize your stay was not a positive experience. I am very disappointed you did not receive the service you deserved and were not made to feel welcome and appreciated. I am truly sorry we were unable to change rooms for you. Recently in April, we have had groups stayed with us throughout the month and all of the double bed rooms were fully booked in advance and therefore we may have not be able to switch you a room. We do not want any guest to be unhappy and do everything in our power to ensure our guests have a pleasant stay.

I humbly apologize for security personal coming into your room due to a computer glitch. I will personally talk with my employees and Security Company to assure that this does not happen to any of our guest in future. We have contacted a contractor to give us a bid on to fix the support pillar and will start on this project as soon as possible.

Your feedback is very important to me and I will do everything in my power to improve our quality and service. I am confident you will have a much more enjoyable stay in future.

Should you have any further questions/concerns, please feel free to contact me back via email (i0665@redroof.com) or phone call (916.638.2500).

Malhar Joshi.

Been to Red Roof Inn Rancho Cordova - Sacramento? Share your experiences!