“Excellent Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 17 hotels in Rancho Cordova
Sacramento, California
“Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

My wife and I had to move out of our home for eleven days due to smoke damage from a fire in my neighbors apartment. The hotel was pleasant and clean, and the services were good. Where this hotel excelled was in the people who work there. They were exemplary in there care and services provides and very professional as well as kind and understanding of our situation. I would give a shout out to these people who worked there; Rachael, Holly, Heather, Alfredo, Giovanni and Albert. I also want to give a special thank you to the restaurant hostess, bartender and waitress Bo. She always greeted us at the end of a long day, made longer by having to live out of our home, with a smile and exuberance that helped to smooth the most difficult days, and as with all the staff made us feel welcomed.

Room Tip: We liked the rooms facing the back parking lot because we like to look at trees. The rooms overlook...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Holiday Inn Sac... R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Sacramento Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our hotel and our staff members. I am so pleased that we were able to provide you with such exemplary service during your stay, especially since you were having such a rough week. I will be sure to pass on your compliments and recognition to those staff members that you spoke of so kindly. Thank you again for staying with us.

80 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

On the way to the American river from SF, this was the perfect time to stop and crash. When we booked it online, we didn't think it came with a free breakfast, and were fine with that. However, once we walked in, we were given free breakfast coupons! A nice surprise. Also, the rooms were clean, and complimentary slippers for two. Nice touches, and a great place to stop by.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the breakfast included in your rate was a nice surprise. I do hope you will stay with us again soon to experience our consistently exemplary customer service.
Rancho Cordova, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

this is not thefirst time i had a party in this hotel.but the recent birthday party i had has the worst service.waiters was not provided to serve food, they let us use a plastic cups, before they use glass goblet,plastic plates and paper napkins.the event was formal and this was the utensils they gave us. Fruit punch was not served, food was not enough since no servers provided. in short worst party place , their reason new managers and chef.

Room Tip: dont use their banquet hall. you will have your worst party ever
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sacramento Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear lilet1028,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent visit with us. Our goal is to provide excellent guest experiences but it is unfortunate that we were not able to do so on this visit due to the level of service received. This is definitely not up to standards so please be assured that your feedback will be addressed accordingly with our team to consider for improvements needed in what we can offer.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed here one night on our 2+-week bus tour. In our trip journals, I wrote, ". . . one of the nicest motels on the trip," and my wife said, "The Holiday Inn was great." We took advantage of the motel's offer of two free drinks/room by going to the bar and getting a glass of wine apiece. We shared our table with some other tour folk who were taking advantage of this freeby. The breakfast was decent. We had to order rather than getting food from the usual spread, but ordering didn't take any longer than if we had eaten at a typical motel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Chico, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Reserved hotel on priceline . The description said free breakfast but had limits on value . I thought this meant you had a limited selection of menu choices . When I asked about it the desk clerk informed me that the breakfast is only free if you pay full price for the room not a discounted rate and that is what value limits meant . I stay in the Sacramento area often and have been shopping for a new place to stay . Wont be here .

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Holiday Inn Sac... R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Sacramento Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you so much for your constructive review of our hotel. I deeply apologize for the disparate information about our breakfast. With third party websites like Priceline, Expedia, etc, there are different rates some of which include breakfast and some don't. Not all rates include breakfast. I will make sure that these websites clarify this information about breakfast so guests know exactly what they are paying for. I will also refresh our front desk clerks on how to better explain this to guests who may have been misinformed. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to show you a better experience at our property. Thank you again for your helpful comments.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The Holiday Inn in Rancho Cordova was lovely. Stayed two nights with friends as we were attending a Celebration of Life in Sacramento. The hotel was clean, beds SO comfy, fabulous tub and bathroom. Lovely restaurant available in the lobby with Starbucks. Easy to check in and out and there is an ATM available in the lobby as well. Also accessible to main streets and freeways, restaurants, etc. We had a great visit. Only one complaint - - the soap dish in the shower was filled with old dirty water... that was kind of disgusting so I just avoided it....otherwise perfect!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
San Jose, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night during a business trip and would most likely not return again...ever. I checked in after midnight, after worked a super long day. Everything seems to be OK until I got into the room - it was not cleaned. Wet soap in the shower, used lotion on the counter, dirty/wet towel on the floor. One of the two beds was slept in and not remade. In room coffee was consumed by previous guest and only decaf is left with already-used sugar packs. Ironing board was out in the middle of the room. Garbage can was full of things left from the previous guest.

I called down and was told they are sold out and I don't have any other options. Front desk staff was very polite and apologetic and brought up some fresh towels and soap, etc. Thank god this was a double room, I figured I would sleep in the undisturbed bed but only to find 4 to 5 strands of long curly hair in the bed. I was too tired and drained to do anything else...

As a priority club platinum member, the hotel offers a free breakfast. Now, this is the strangest breakfast arrangement of any hotel I've seen in my life. It's not for buffet per the coupon, and you are supposed to order it through the waitress but the only items can be specified is how the eggs are done and whether you want sausage or bacon. When my order came, the items arrived on disposable plates and the only thing warm was the eggs. This is when things turns stranger. You are supposed to get rest of the items, like toast and juice, yourself, from the buffet spread. Why don't they just do it buffet style when half of the items you are supposed to get yourself. Now, if they decide do to a order-based breakfast, then why serve the food on disposable paper plates. I don't get it - I just don't get it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Holiday Inn Sac... R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Sacramento Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
I deeply apologize for the unsatisfactory stay you had at our property. Because of your review, I will be sure that the front desk is refreshed on proper check in procedures and making sure you get checked into a clean room. Regarding your breakfast, your meal was served on disposable plates because we were doing kitchen maintenance for a couple of days and had to limit the our water use. I'm so sorry that your food was not warm when it came to your table. I will let our servers know that they need to get food to the guests as soon as it is ready. If you are ever traveling in the Rancho Cordova area again, I do hope you will give us another opportunity to make sure you have a more comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your helpful review.

Been to Holiday Inn Sacramento Rancho Cordova? Share your experiences!