“worst service” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
Rancho Cordova, California
“worst service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

this is not thefirst time i had a party in this hotel.but the recent birthday party i had has the worst service.waiters was not provided to serve food, they let us use a plastic cups, before they use glass goblet,plastic plates and paper napkins.the event was formal and this was the utensils they gave us. Fruit punch was not served, food was not enough since no servers provided. in short worst party place , their reason new managers and chef.

Room Tip: dont use their banquet hall. you will have your worst party ever
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sacramento Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear lilet1028,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent visit with us. Our goal is to provide excellent guest experiences but it is unfortunate that we were not able to do so on this visit due to the level of service received. This is definitely not up to standards so please be assured that your feedback will be addressed accordingly with our team to consider for improvements needed in what we can offer.

Pam G
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed here one night on our 2+-week bus tour. In our trip journals, I wrote, ". . . one of the nicest motels on the trip," and my wife said, "The Holiday Inn was great." We took advantage of the motel's offer of two free drinks/room by going to the bar and getting a glass of wine apiece. We shared our table with some other tour folk who were taking advantage of this freeby. The breakfast was decent. We had to order rather than getting food from the usual spread, but ordering didn't take any longer than if we had eaten at a typical motel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Chico, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Reserved hotel on priceline . The description said free breakfast but had limits on value . I thought this meant you had a limited selection of menu choices . When I asked about it the desk clerk informed me that the breakfast is only free if you pay full price for the room not a discounted rate and that is what value limits meant . I stay in the Sacramento area often and have been shopping for a new place to stay . Wont be here .

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Holiday Inn Sac... R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Sacramento Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you so much for your constructive review of our hotel. I deeply apologize for the disparate information about our breakfast. With third party websites like Priceline, Expedia, etc, there are different rates some of which include breakfast and some don't. Not all rates include breakfast. I will make sure that these websites clarify this information about breakfast so guests know exactly what they are paying for. I will also refresh our front desk clerks on how to better explain this to guests who may have been misinformed. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to show you a better experience at our property. Thank you again for your helpful comments.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The Holiday Inn in Rancho Cordova was lovely. Stayed two nights with friends as we were attending a Celebration of Life in Sacramento. The hotel was clean, beds SO comfy, fabulous tub and bathroom. Lovely restaurant available in the lobby with Starbucks. Easy to check in and out and there is an ATM available in the lobby as well. Also accessible to main streets and freeways, restaurants, etc. We had a great visit. Only one complaint - - the soap dish in the shower was filled with old dirty water... that was kind of disgusting so I just avoided it....otherwise perfect!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
San Jose, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night during a business trip and would most likely not return again...ever. I checked in after midnight, after worked a super long day. Everything seems to be OK until I got into the room - it was not cleaned. Wet soap in the shower, used lotion on the counter, dirty/wet towel on the floor. One of the two beds was slept in and not remade. In room coffee was consumed by previous guest and only decaf is left with already-used sugar packs. Ironing board was out in the middle of the room. Garbage can was full of things left from the previous guest.

I called down and was told they are sold out and I don't have any other options. Front desk staff was very polite and apologetic and brought up some fresh towels and soap, etc. Thank god this was a double room, I figured I would sleep in the undisturbed bed but only to find 4 to 5 strands of long curly hair in the bed. I was too tired and drained to do anything else...

As a priority club platinum member, the hotel offers a free breakfast. Now, this is the strangest breakfast arrangement of any hotel I've seen in my life. It's not for buffet per the coupon, and you are supposed to order it through the waitress but the only items can be specified is how the eggs are done and whether you want sausage or bacon. When my order came, the items arrived on disposable plates and the only thing warm was the eggs. This is when things turns stranger. You are supposed to get rest of the items, like toast and juice, yourself, from the buffet spread. Why don't they just do it buffet style when half of the items you are supposed to get yourself. Now, if they decide do to a order-based breakfast, then why serve the food on disposable paper plates. I don't get it - I just don't get it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Holiday Inn Sac... R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Sacramento Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
I deeply apologize for the unsatisfactory stay you had at our property. Because of your review, I will be sure that the front desk is refreshed on proper check in procedures and making sure you get checked into a clean room. Regarding your breakfast, your meal was served on disposable plates because we were doing kitchen maintenance for a couple of days and had to limit the our water use. I'm so sorry that your food was not warm when it came to your table. I will let our servers know that they need to get food to the guests as soon as it is ready. If you are ever traveling in the Rancho Cordova area again, I do hope you will give us another opportunity to make sure you have a more comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your helpful review.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is the first time that I have stayed at a holiday inn in years and I was not sure what to expect. The hotel itself is not that bad. The room was nice, comfortable and clean. The in room Internet works well. It is nice to have a fridge and microwave in the room also that also work well. My only complaint about the room would have to be the pillows. They are way to small almost like they are for decoration and not to actually use. The only other thing that I would have to say is a negative would be the on site laundry room. It has one washer and one dryer that are both relatively old. Since this is a hotel that seems to be for people that are here on business it would be nice if they put in a couple more washers and dryers in the building. Other than those two things I am all around satisfied with the hotel.

Room Tip: would not spend the money for a room with jacuzzi tub, its just a shower/tub combo.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sacramento Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear spf131,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. It is wonderful to know you appreciated the your room accommodation and the internet. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs & expectations and on this occasion we apologize for your disappointment with the pillows and the laundry room. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Thank you again for your review and have a wonderful day!

Karen C
Sacramento, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

First the good news. Everyone who works here is wonderful. From the desk to maintenance to the people in the little restaurant. I loved them all. I have special needs and was here because of unfortunate circumstances at my apartment. The staff was so patient and kind and responsive of my special needs. The bad news is that place smelled like someone vomited in the sink and the air conditioner blew a smelly toxic perfumey odor in to the room. We finally opened the window. This was our 3rd room. The first was smell free but was on the 2nd floor and had no fridge or microwave and we had to be there for several days. It was a last minute reservation so no fault to the staff. They were fine any time we made our needs known they did their best to help us. We went down to the first floor which were supposed to be more deluxe. they were the smelly ones. They knew I had severe lung issues and so that was a mystery to me. The first one on the first floor room was so bad I couldn't breath in there at all. The second one was less apparent. We dealt with the sink by holding our breath while we used it. We didn't use the air conditioner if possible and opened the window. That one also had fleas. It is a terrible old disgusting filthy old building. Each time we asked for help it seemed to get worse so we just suffered with it until we could get home. My dog was even getting sick from the smell. She came home with fleas she didn't come in with.
I have to close by saying it was not for lack of trying by the staff that we were unsatisfied. It was just the state of the building itself. I could not stay there again with my health issues. I would never recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Upper floors smelled better.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sacramento Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear nobody916,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. It is good to know our staff was able to help you with your needs. However, please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience you encountered with the unusual smell during your stay and regret our hotel rooms did not live up to your expectations. Your comments are appreciated and will be used to ensure these areas will be improved on. Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Zelyn N
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Sacramento Rancho Cordova? Share your experiences!