“Good for me.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 17 hotels in Rancho Cordova
Hong Kong, China
“Good for me.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Feels like a new hotel, everything is clean and tidy. Breakfast has more selection than other hotels of the same tier. Free parking. Bigs rooms can easily accomodate 4 adults. Close to the Freeway and to the offices I visited.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

110 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
San Francisco, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Was looking for an affordable place to stay for one night that would accommodate me a my 12 lb dog. Most places in the area clearly state they charge a non-refundable "fee" for pets; but the website for this Fairfield Inn (Marriott) was a little unclear about pet policies and recommended calling the property directly to ask. I did so and the young woman who handled the reservation explained that they did charge a $50 deposit that was refundable if there was no damage or need for extra cleaning.

Upon checking in, I was informed that there is no "deposit" - there is a non-refundable $50 FEE. Had I known this when making the reservation, would have kept on looking. While the front desk staff were polite, they made no offer to bring in a manager to discuss further, simply pulling a notebook off the shelf to demonstrate their policy.

Overall, the condition of the property is tired/old. Clearly, they do not use the "fee" to adequately clean the rooms, as the room had the smell of "wet dog" when first arriving. Seeing other reviews that question the honesty/integrity of how this property is managed has confirmed my experience. Look elsewhere....

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Cary, NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

The best I can say about this hotel is that it is adequate. You'll get your basic 'right off the freeway' hotel stay. Lots of cheap hotels nearby. Breakfast was simple and about what you would expect from a Fairfield Inn. The room was comfortable enough and clean enough for my one night stay. The bad was the unexpected dishonesty - which I never expected from a Marriott branded hotel. A lying employee deprived me of my Marriott Platinum benefit - a first ever experience in my eight years at the Platinum level. Never again for me at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is a great place to stay while passing through on HWY 50. It's right off the freeway, yet our room was quiet. The staff is very friendly, the breakfast is hot and plentiful, the rooms are large, clean and comfortable. You get great value for your dollar at this very good Fairfield Inn.
We spent some time in the evening out by the pool, watching the sun go down, enjoying our cocktail and the beautiful weather. The color in the sky was amazing.
I can highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

This is a nice, fresh hotel. The rooms were quite large. My room had a king bed making the rest of the room feel especially spacious and providing extra chairs to sit with others on a business trip. The bed was comfortable and bathroom was nice. The breakfast was tasty and had a good assortment of choices. It was very convenient to the highway.

One complaint is when I turned on the fan, it let out a strange smell that made me hesitant to use it, but the room got stuffy without it. I also wish the breakfast ended a little later on the weekend - 10 AM seems fairly early to end for a weekend (especially if you wanted to exercise first). A few free weights would also go a long way in their exercise room. Finally, the highway noise was pretty audible at the rooms at the end of the hall. Though they said odd numbered rooms were quieter, it was still loud. I think a low numbered room on each floor would be quieter as it's further from the highway).

Overall, this is an excellent hotel for the value.

Room Tip: They say odd numbers are further from the highway, but I think it's lower numbers on each floor...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My daughter and I had a special three day weekend planned with time together and shopping. I can't say enough about this hotel...We arrive to a PERFECTLY clean hotel--easy access parking and safe environment. Every staff member went out of their way to meet our needs! Our room was spacious, with the bed in ALL fresh white linens and spread which I could easily sit on (which is a major pet peve of mine--nasty bedspreads). The room was spotlessly cleaned with the appearance of a brand new room. Coffee maker, microwave and refrigerator all spotless. The pool was nice and very clean too! The breakfast was very generous and delicious too--scrambled eggs, canadian bacon, waffles with strawberries and real whip cream and a lot more choices--served from 7-10AM. On the final morning we had to slip out at 6:30 AM and on our way to leave, Singh, the friendly guy in charge (manager?) that confirmed one's perfect stay, said in a welcoming voice...."Breakfast is ready!" And I thought we'd miss It!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Beaverton, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

July 5, 2013

Roxanne,

This letter is to acknowledge the exemplary service and hospitality your staff provided for our group, and to express our appreciation for everything you and your team did to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable.

Our group of 40-some high school rugby girls and assorted coaches and parents descended upon your hotel in order to attend a weekend tournament in your area. The front desk was prepared and waiting for our arrival, ensuring that the check-in process was rapid and efficient. Your staff had equipped a meeting room for our large group with ice water and tea, pens and paper, plates and silverware, extra tables and chairs, and they quickly accommodated our every need. You allowed us to take over your meeting room for our duration, and repeatedly helped us to rearrange tables, and cleaned up after our messes; even when we insisted that it wasn’t necessary. We were even given access to the kitchen area to wash dishes.

Hearing that our games were scheduled early the next day, the staff scrambled to open the continental breakfast earlier than planned for our hungry crew. Everyone from the generous administrative staff, friendly front desk, helpful maintenance crew, and obliging kitchen personnel, went out of their way to provide us with impeccable service, to ensure that we had a convenient and pleasant stay.

The rooms were comfortable, clean, and cozy.

We will definitely recommend your accommodations to anyone visiting the area; as well as use your hotel again in the future when the opportunity arises.

Coach Mark

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Rancho Cordova? Share your experiences!