We stayed the day after Thanksgiving Nov 29 in room 219.
Reasons for returning:
1. Our room 219 had relatively new carpets, and was a corner room not near a junction on the exterior corridors, and so was quieter
2. 40" HD cable TV with HBO
3. Comfortable queen bed with clean linen
4. Partition for love seat with reading lamp
5. The bathroom had a tub.
6. Tub and toilet in a separate room from the marble sink, so I could brush my teeth without having to breath bathroom toilet odors from my wife.
7. Room comes with an electronic safe.
8. Sausage and Egg Whites breakfast with Guava Nectar in a large dining area, that comes with the room.
9 . Free WIFI with PC in lobby with printer for printing out airline boarding passes
10. Each room has one window with a sliding window that opens, and with a screen to keep bugs out.
11. Hotel had an outdoor pool, although nobody was using it in late November.
12. Rooms 210-219, 227-235, 310-319,327-335 face the interior courtyard pool, and away from the elevator/ice machine side, and would be the quietest.
13. Samurai Sushi, Ricky's Hideaway Lobsterhouse, fire station, Chevron gas station, Food Mart, and Subway sandwich next door and right down the block.
14. Nimbus winery shopping mall with Spaghetti Factory and Cattleman's restaurant across Hazel within walking distance.
15. Show your card key to Samurai Sushi or Cattlemans to get 10% off.
16. Borders Sentry storage on one side, and Samurai Sushi on the other side -relatively quiet neighbors.
17. Plentiful parking -you will usually be able to park your car in the parking lot so that you can see it from your room doorway.
Opportunities for Improvement:
1. Big rig noise from next door six lane Highway 50 separated by a fence with ivy on it, near the Hazel freeway interchange. Rooms 136-145, 236-245,and 336-345 on exterior corridors facing the freeway. Rooms 136,236 and 336 on the corner of the building farthest from the lobby. Note that the freeway sound wall stops short of the hotel.
2. Road noise from four lane Folsom Road, and light rail signal crossing at Hazel and Folsom. Rooms 100-109,200-209,and 300-309 have exterior corridors facing Folsom Road, and beyond that the light rail. Rooms 109,209,309 on the corner of the building farthest from the lobby.
3. Elevator slow and not the cleanest, with visible signs of wear and tear.
4. Rooms 220-226,320-326 have exterior corridors on the elevator and ice machine side and the associated noises.
5. Rooms 226,326 right next to the elevator and associated noises..
6. Rooms 218,217,216, 318, 317,316 face intersection junctions and associated noises.
7. Rooms 100,109, 200,209, 300,309, 235,236,245,335,336,345 next to outdoor concrete stairwells with people coming and going.
8. No sheer curtains, only blackout curtains. Guests passing by can peer into the rooms through the one small window, from the external corridors.
9. Turning on light in bathroom turns on the vent fan, and wakes up your fellow guests in the middle of the night in the same room.
10. Guests using Samurai Sushi will park in the hotel parking spaces closest to the lobby and check in on weekend nights.
11. Entertainment system furniture, coffee table and other wooden furniture painted black, and gives the appearance of a dark,dingy room. 12. The love seat invariably has worn out springs and cushions, and is behind a 3 foot tall partition.
13. The 3 foot tall partition does not prevent noise from the TV to filter throughout the so called 'suite'.
14. In the past, we have had wind from the exterior corridor pass through the gap under the door, creating a drafty cold room.
15. No ethernet cable to directly hook up the laptop. We had to rely on wifi which was unstable and subject to dropping signals.
Avoid rooms 136-145, 236-245,and 336-345 on exterior corridors facing the freeway. Avoid rooms 226...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.