“17 Reasons for returning, and 15 opportunities for improvement” 3 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sunnyvale, CA
“17 Reasons for returning, and 15 opportunities for improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

We stayed the day after Thanksgiving Nov 29 in room 219.

Reasons for returning:

1. Our room 219 had relatively new carpets, and was a corner room not near a junction on the exterior corridors, and so was quieter

2. 40" HD cable TV with HBO
3. Comfortable queen bed with clean linen
4. Partition for love seat with reading lamp
5. The bathroom had a tub.

6. Tub and toilet in a separate room from the marble sink, so I could brush my teeth without having to breath bathroom toilet odors from my wife.
7. Room comes with an electronic safe.
8. Sausage and Egg Whites breakfast with Guava Nectar in a large dining area, that comes with the room.

9 . Free WIFI with PC in lobby with printer for printing out airline boarding passes
10. Each room has one window with a sliding window that opens, and with a screen to keep bugs out.
11. Hotel had an outdoor pool, although nobody was using it in late November.

12. Rooms 210-219, 227-235, 310-319,327-335 face the interior courtyard pool, and away from the elevator/ice machine side, and would be the quietest.

13. Samurai Sushi, Ricky's Hideaway Lobsterhouse, fire station, Chevron gas station, Food Mart, and Subway sandwich next door and right down the block.

14. Nimbus winery shopping mall with Spaghetti Factory and Cattleman's restaurant across Hazel within walking distance.

15. Show your card key to Samurai Sushi or Cattlemans to get 10% off.
16. Borders Sentry storage on one side, and Samurai Sushi on the other side -relatively quiet neighbors.

17. Plentiful parking -you will usually be able to park your car in the parking lot so that you can see it from your room doorway.

Opportunities for Improvement:

1. Big rig noise from next door six lane Highway 50 separated by a fence with ivy on it, near the Hazel freeway interchange. Rooms 136-145, 236-245,and 336-345 on exterior corridors facing the freeway. Rooms 136,236 and 336 on the corner of the building farthest from the lobby. Note that the freeway sound wall stops short of the hotel.

2. Road noise from four lane Folsom Road, and light rail signal crossing at Hazel and Folsom. Rooms 100-109,200-209,and 300-309 have exterior corridors facing Folsom Road, and beyond that the light rail. Rooms 109,209,309 on the corner of the building farthest from the lobby.

3. Elevator slow and not the cleanest, with visible signs of wear and tear.

4. Rooms 220-226,320-326 have exterior corridors on the elevator and ice machine side and the associated noises.

5. Rooms 226,326 right next to the elevator and associated noises..
6. Rooms 218,217,216, 318, 317,316 face intersection junctions and associated noises.
7. Rooms 100,109, 200,209, 300,309, 235,236,245,335,336,345 next to outdoor concrete stairwells with people coming and going.

8. No sheer curtains, only blackout curtains. Guests passing by can peer into the rooms through the one small window, from the external corridors.

9. Turning on light in bathroom turns on the vent fan, and wakes up your fellow guests in the middle of the night in the same room.

10. Guests using Samurai Sushi will park in the hotel parking spaces closest to the lobby and check in on weekend nights.

11. Entertainment system furniture, coffee table and other wooden furniture painted black, and gives the appearance of a dark,dingy room. 12. The love seat invariably has worn out springs and cushions, and is behind a 3 foot tall partition.

13. The 3 foot tall partition does not prevent noise from the TV to filter throughout the so called 'suite'.

14. In the past, we have had wind from the exterior corridor pass through the gap under the door, creating a drafty cold room.

15. No ethernet cable to directly hook up the laptop. We had to rely on wifi which was unstable and subject to dropping signals.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms 136-145, 236-245,and 336-345 on exterior corridors facing the freeway. Avoid rooms 226...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Mitul T, Owner at Comfort Inn and Suites Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Thank you for the detailed review about your stay at our property. We value your feedback very much as you have taken time to give us a very detailed report. We will make sure to implement the changes that's you have highlighted in your room for improvements as much as possible. We promise you that you will see some of these changes when you return next time. Thank you again for your very valuable feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Willits, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Mode our reservations online through Choice Privileges online, then later modified them via phone. Room was clean & check-in went fine. We stayed two nights.
The property is older & in need of some "upgrading". E.g., some of the outlets in the rooms won't hold a plug firmly. The rooms are not configured for laptop usage. No outlets on the lamps, etc. The wireless was not working at all the first night. After re-setting the router the next morning, it was OK. But - it is via satellite & therefore slow. (Faster than dial-up, but slow nonetheless - a function of internet via satellite, not the hotel's fault.)
The General Manage (& new owner I think) was very friendly & helpful, but had only been there about 1.5 weeks. Housekeeping blew it the first day by never getting to our room at all. Think they're going through some adjustments.
Breakfast is standard for Comfort brand. OK, but nothing to shout about.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your feedback. We are glad to hear about your stay with us and we appreciate the valuable feedback. We continue to improve on our guests experience and your valuable feedback helps us make progress in positive direction. Thank you again for taking time to give us your feedback. We appreciate it very much.
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

We would suggest a different color of paint for the exterior of this hotel, as this particular color of hot orange, on first impression, makes this hotel appear very old and tired. Once we got by that first exterior impression; surprisingly, we found the interior of this hotel to be clean and comfortable and the rooms very nice. The morning breakfast is very good; products fresh and the area kept very clean. Unfortunately, both times we stayed, within a 2 month period; the pool was closed for repairs and it was still hot in Sacramento.
We were, however, impressed with the staff, very helpful and eager to make our stay comfortable. The hotel has easy access to local freeways, downtown Sacramento, good shopping and fishing nearby on the River. There are several excellent restaurants nearby, with a mile or less. We will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your feedback. We appreciate feedbacks from our guests to help us improve on how we can provide our future guests an even more pleasant experience. Thank you again and we hope to see you again very soon.
Bakersfield, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Worst hotel experience ever! Made a reservation directly through their website and received confirmation that my room, 2 double beds, nonsmoking, would be guaranteed until 7 the next morning. I arrived after midnight, tired from driving for 5 1/2 hrs. The attendant checked me in and had me sign the agreement to not smoke in the room or I would be charge the cleaning fee. When I opened the door to the room, it smelled like the bottom of a dirty ashtray and only had 1 bed and was disgustingly dirty! When I told the attendant that my wife had asthma and there were 3 of us and the room was unacceptable, she basically said they oversold and that was all they had. She offered 10% off and that I could take it or leave it. I left it and found that everything was booked except for 1 room in a Days Inn. A few days later, they sent me a survey which I filled out honestly and ended up getting a call from their general manager who assured me that he would look into it and get back to me. The way he got back to me was, I received 5 copies of the same automated email apologizing and asking for another chance. They do not care if you have a room reservation. If they think you might not show up, they will resell your room and charge you if you don't show up. I would highly recommend to steer clear of this place!

Room Tip: I have always had great experiences at Comfort Inns until this one. There are plenty of better hotel...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
First of all i would like to apologize the issue that you had when you arrived at the property. Due to issues beyond our control we were unable to accommodate you at our property and due to it's being a busy weekend we were able to accommodate you at any other property close to us as they were sold out as well. I had personally called you to understand what had exactly happened and apologized. Due to incident we have made some changes in our reservation and inventory policy so this doe not happen any more in the future. Thank you again for your feedback and helping us improve our guest experience.
Lincolnshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Rooms better than expected although we were issued 3 rooms by friendly but incompetent staff.
First room was not available on time, when we were given the key over an hour later the room was not the correct bed configuration. Returned to reception, new room issued by different member of staff - which turned out to be occupied. Could have been embarrassing. 3rd attempt a success.

Hotel next to very busy freeway, not for the light sleepers!

Pool small and cold due to the time of year. Around 25 minutes drive from All Outdoors Rafting which was the reason for the stay.

Breakfast OK but we found staff were packing up the breakfast stuff half-hour early due to lack of guests - not ideal if you're planning to visit just before end of service as you wouldn't get any!

All in all, hotel decent for the price.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the Freeway!
Green Features: If it has any, I didn't notice Hotel no different form any other visited.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

At first sight , the hotel looked a bit dated \ rundown and my heart sank a bit but the hotel is well ran and clean and lacked nothing. In the morning I enjoyed a sensational run from Nimbus point which is just around the corner . It is heavily used but gives spectacular views over the lake
The price I paid was reasonable so no reason not to return !
Would like to have checked out Nimbus winery which is just a block away

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Sydney
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed in suite 331 facing the courtyard. The room is fine. Its clean, roomy and bed is comfortable. Shower pressure was okay. Internet speeds were decent when you can get connected. TV image quality was a bit blurry but had a decent channel selection. Breakfast was typical of Comfort Inn. Pool looks clean. Grounds seem to be maintained well.

However, several things left a sour taste in my experience. I had to go through several rooms before I got a decent one. The first room (322) had a gap under the door that let in sound and wind to come in. The 2nd room (325) I got was in a designated smoking area. In each of the rooms the door lock had problems being opened with the room key. Even the final room I got had problems with the door lock. When I went to tell the front desk staff about it (I think her name is Jasmine), I told her that it was the room key that was the problem and asked her if she could give me a new key. She got annoyed and told me not to tell her what to do, adding that everyone was telling her what to do. This is not acceptable behaviour of someone in customer service. I was offended by her behaviour to say the least.

I should mention though that the manager Eva was very accommodating and each issue that I brought to her attention she tried to fix. I should also mention that the maintenance guy has extremely poor english so when I was trying to have the door problem fixed it was very difficult to communicate what he wanted me to do.

Though the manager was great and the room good that encounter with Jasmine ruined my experience which really goes to show how important customer service is!

Room Tip: Room 331 was not only facing the courtyard it was also facing away from the interstate.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Been to Comfort Inn and Suites Rancho Cordova? Share your experiences!