“Wonderful location for runners” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Wonderful location for runners”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

At first sight , the hotel looked a bit dated \ rundown and my heart sank a bit but the hotel is well ran and clean and lacked nothing. In the morning I enjoyed a sensational run from Nimbus point which is just around the corner . It is heavily used but gives spectacular views over the lake
The price I paid was reasonable so no reason not to return !
Would like to have checked out Nimbus winery which is just a block away

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Sydney
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed in suite 331 facing the courtyard. The room is fine. Its clean, roomy and bed is comfortable. Shower pressure was okay. Internet speeds were decent when you can get connected. TV image quality was a bit blurry but had a decent channel selection. Breakfast was typical of Comfort Inn. Pool looks clean. Grounds seem to be maintained well.

However, several things left a sour taste in my experience. I had to go through several rooms before I got a decent one. The first room (322) had a gap under the door that let in sound and wind to come in. The 2nd room (325) I got was in a designated smoking area. In each of the rooms the door lock had problems being opened with the room key. Even the final room I got had problems with the door lock. When I went to tell the front desk staff about it (I think her name is Jasmine), I told her that it was the room key that was the problem and asked her if she could give me a new key. She got annoyed and told me not to tell her what to do, adding that everyone was telling her what to do. This is not acceptable behaviour of someone in customer service. I was offended by her behaviour to say the least.

I should mention though that the manager Eva was very accommodating and each issue that I brought to her attention she tried to fix. I should also mention that the maintenance guy has extremely poor english so when I was trying to have the door problem fixed it was very difficult to communicate what he wanted me to do.

Though the manager was great and the room good that encounter with Jasmine ruined my experience which really goes to show how important customer service is!

Room Tip: Room 331 was not only facing the courtyard it was also facing away from the interstate.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Genoa, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I found this property to be very comfortable to visit. Room was clean, bed and linens were super.
The staff and front desk personnel could not of been nicer! It was also quiet and pet friendly. I would call this property a real winner.

Room Tip: I had room 133 it was right by the pool and very quiet......
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Monterey, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

This hotel is a very clean place to stay. The staff is extremely helpful and polite. The rooms are clean and neat. They were always cleaning and improving the property during our stay.

It is located a bit out of the city center, but is only 5 to 15 minutes to Rancho Cordova, Folsom and El Dorado Hills. It is easy to get to and I would definitely stay here again on my next trip.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Pollock Pines, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I'm a die hard choice hotel customer so I stay almost exclusively at their brands while traveling. Even when I've had bad experiences they usually turn out ok because of the customer service.

Recently I stayed at this particular Choice Hotel in Rancho Cordova. It's located right off the freeway on Highway 50 just outside of Sacramento. I chose this hotel over other Choice Hotels in the area because of the price. It has the standard amenities but it was about $20 cheaper on the standard room than the hotel downtown.

The room was clean and fresh with updated amenities. This hotel was probably a refurb or changeover but it looks nice and it's what you expect from Choice Hotel brands.

Breakfast was typical and the staff on both the night shift and day shift were very friendly. Actually I called the front desk to see if they had antacid and he said no but let me go check the vending machines and a few other places. Thought it was nice he went out of his way.

Hotel is located near some great local restaurants. The sushi place (Samurai Sushi) will give you 10% off if you show them your room card as well as Cattleman's down the road. Chevron gas station near by if you want to pick up some snacks on the way in.

All and all it's a great deal if you have business or pleasure in the area and don't need to be directly downtown.

Room Tip: I always book a standard room and asked to be upgraded when I check in. Sometimes they do it for fr...
Green Features: Great to see this hotel participating in the environmentally friendly program.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Elephant Butte, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We were not sure what we were getting into when we saw that this part of "Rancho" could have passed for a fallow field out of Abilene, Texas...,not what you might call the stunning beauty destination of the great state of California. BUT! In the immense lobby, I was greeted by Jasmine, who was warm, cordial and funny. Our room faced an inner courtyard surrounded by palms and, at the center, a tranquil pool (unheated). The motel is in the classic Spanish colonial style, a three story affair, stuccoed and with arched walkways. The evenings were delightful by the pool, a little chilly actually, as a "delta breeze" had found its way inland from the Bay Area. The room was comfortable and quiet...Internet response was good, but not really speedy. The shower was fine, no complaints there. Our Indie hosts were the best, friendly and accommodating. Passing through Rancho Cordova? Try this establishment; you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Try for the ground floor if possible.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Oakland, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for my daughter's crew race at Lake Natoma. Location was good as we could walk to the lake. It is on a busy street across from abandoned railroad tracks and the freeway. The owners/ managers were very nice as they let us use the breakfast room to serve breakfast and lunch to our crew kids. We REALLY appreciated that. The issue I had was with the condition of the sofa bed and the cleanliness of the room. We had a kig sized bed with a double pullout. We only used it one night nd the pull out was like a "bowl", no kidding. My fifteen year old slept on it and even his young back hurt the next day!!! Our bedspread had a disgusting stain on it and did not seem like it had been laundered. This property needs a major overhaul! Breakfast was adequate. Free WiFi was appreciated and pool was good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rancho Cordova
BEST WESTERN PLUS Rancho Cordova Inn
Larkspur Landing Folsom
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Rancho Cordova / Folsom
Holiday Inn Sacramento Rancho Cordova
Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova
La Quinta Inn & Suites Rancho Cordova Sacramento
La Quinta Inn & Suites Rancho Co...
#11 of 17 in Rancho Cordova
3.5 of 5 stars 175 reviews

Been to Comfort Inn and Suites Rancho Cordova? Share your experiences!