“San Vicente Golf Resort” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
$99 (USD)
Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Ramona
Palm Desert
“San Vicente Golf Resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We were there for 3 days of golf school. To our surprise the food was excellent and the staff was the best, very friendly. Our room was good, not great, but maybe a B+. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a very reasonably priced golf resort.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
BESTGOLFSPOT, Guest Relations Manager at San Vicente Golf Resort, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you for sharing your San Vicente Resort experience with Trip Advisor. We are so proud of the variety of golf lessons and tournaments we sponsor. Any level of golfer can find what they need here. Also, San Vicente Golf Course is a "walkable" course if you choose to. We hope you choose to visit us again. Janice Baldridge 760-310-5107

80 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Palm Desert, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We spent the weekend at this resort and had a wonderful time. The room was very clean, modern and had frig and coffee maker. Also wonderful balcony right on the golf course. Loved the room. Golf course was challenging and in great shape. Love it. The bar and restaurant were also nice. Not expensive and ok food. Not gourmet but fine. THE ENTIRE STAFF WAS OUTSTANDING! EVERY SINGLE PERSON WAS POLITE, CLEAN, SMILING AND HAPPY. On top of all of that, this was a GREAT VALUE for a get away weekend. The property is small so make your reservations early! We loved it and will return frequently.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are right on the course. I dont think you could choose a bad one.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
BESTGOLFSPOT, Guest Relations Manager at San Vicente Golf Resort, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dual thanks to you - 1. For taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor and 2. for choosing to spend your precious "time away" with us. All of us here at San Vicente Resort pride ourselves in providing the best service possible. Consider staying with us during the different seasons. Due to our location we have a slight change of seasons which gives you a unique experience each visit. Janice Baldridge 760-310-5107
Escondido, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

The resort was a stop for my nephew an myself. While spneding 2 days just bonding together before before I left for australiam to live. Everything about the place was excellant. At one time I worked at the san vicente resort.

Room Tip: we had a room facing the golfn course on the top level it was great sitting on the deck at night jus...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Guest Relations Manager at San Vicente Golf Resort, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Thank you for taking time to let us know of your stay with us. When you are back this way we hope you choose us again. All the best to you, Janice Baldridge, Marketing Coordinator for San Vicente Golf Resort, janice.baldridge@sdcea.net
Alhambra, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at San Vicente Golf Resort several times, and will continue to do so any chance we get, it's just far enough from home that we really get the feeling that we've gotten away from the hubbub. The accommodations are extremely nice, parking near your room is a huge plus (larger, near-the-ocean resorts get away with charging a hefty fee for you to park your own car near your own room ... ridiculous!), the restaurant and lounge have not only a great selection but also excellent food and very gracious servers. The golf course is challenging but fun and always in great condition. And, we have always been greeted with such warm hospitality, the last 2 times by Mary Lou. She remembered us this last time which made us feel even more welcome! We look forward to our next visit, and will gladly make recommendations to anyone who is looking for such a getaway!

Room Tip: We've stayed on all 3 levels and I will say that I prefer the top, mostly because of the views.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Public Relations Manager at San Vicente Golf Resort, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
All of us at San Vicente Golf Resort thank you for choosing our resort and sharing your experience. We pride ourselves on providing the best service possible. Many of our employees, including Mary Lou, have over 20 years employment with us. We look forward to your return visits. May I suggest visits in the different seasons? Our location avails us a slight yet distinct "view of Mother Nature's" changes. If I can be of assistance please contact me at 760-310-5107.

Hope to hear from you and see you soon, Janice Baldridge, Marketing Coordinator
Palm Desert, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

We have never been to Ramona, before and this hotel, restaurant, lounge, golf resort property was enormously impressive when we arrived. We chose this destination based on other guests' glowing reviews. We usually choose coastal resorts, but wanted to try a new place, someplace we had never been, for a 4 night rejuvenating golf retreat.

We arrived Sunday, and were delighted with the spacious room, 3rd floor, open air, large, nicely furnished outdoor seating, swivel, rocking, comfortable cushioned chairs, tile table on our balcony, overlooking the beautiful 10th tee box, and gorgeous golf course, and views. Our room has a lovely, tinted sky light, and pretty furnishings, decor, updated window coverings, and large, very comfortable bed, linens. Everything was perfect until it wasn't. You may wish to read on as the front desk agent was impossible, and argumentative.

This property has a beautiful, huge, sparkling pool, and enormous hot tub. Very impressive, and for you tennis players, you will be happy with the tennis courts.

The restaurant/ lounge is outstanding. Their happy hour is such a bargain, the menu, and nightly specials are great, divine pizza, prime rib, and generous portions. Since this property does not have room service, we have enjoyed 4 fabulous meals in the lounge. The drinks are strong pours, with the friendliest, most personable, fun, attentive servers & bartenders. Bravo to all the staff in the restaurant, and lounge~ you are consummate professionals and we felt so welcome, and you should all be given raises!

If you are like me, you will appreciate the free, safe parking, and complimentary in-room wireless Internet. I am highly annoyed by $35 a night parking, and $15 a day Internet the 5 star hotels charge. What a rip-off. They need to stop charging guests for parking, and Internet. Thankfully, this property does not, another plus.

Cons, no room service, no newspaper delivery and no turn down. This property needs to provide amenities. They give you one shampoo, one lotion, very tiny tubes, and skinny, cheap green soaps, with plastic disposable soap dishes, you better ask for extra towels, and they do not have hair conditioner. Bring your own toiletries. Also, the plastic cups, and foam coffee cups should be upgraded. They do have a mini coffee maker and ironing board and a very nice, upscale roomy refrigerator.

What ruined an otherwise sublime stay was an elderly woman who appeared to be the front desk manager on duty- Mary Lou. Her demeanor was that of very stressed out individual who had lost their capacity to deal with routine guest needs and wishes. The details are unimportant. However, when a matter is resolved, you do not hijack a guest as they are leaving dinner to get in the last word about how you need to explain why you were right (she in other words) and then interrupt me 3 times while I was reminding her who the guest was. Enough said.

Room Tip: Third/ top floor~ the bottom floor is down dirty, filthy stairs, and has disgusting, old stains on d...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Congress, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

This was just a fun stop. The lodge was comfortable with a balcony that looked out on a gorgeous golf course and beyond to the mountains. They really have all bases covered with a heated junior Olympic-sized swimming pool, lighted tennis courts, hiking trails and terrific food at the Par Lounge and Oaks Grille Restaurant. They have two Equestrian Centers with lots of big spaces to ride or train horses. And the whole place is surrounded by beautiful individualized family homes and a condominium community.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor overlooking the golf course and it was very quiet. I enjoyed the balcony.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
BESTGOLFSPOT, Guest Relations Manager at San Vicente Golf Resort, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank you so much Sharlene. We truly appreciate you taking time to share your experience with us. We look forward to having you return for more "balcony" time and whatever other "fun" offering we have. Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance, Janice Baldridge, Marketing Coordinator, janice.baldridge@sdcea.net.
Simi Valley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

I have stayed at this resort twice now, once in April for 3 days and then again last week for another 3 days. It is so clean, and I requested my same room for the second visit not only due to the convenience for me (parking, ice machine, ground level) but for the beautiful view overlooking the golf course. I have eaten in the restaurant, visited the bar on Friday night for the live band entertainment and I have had the BEST food and great service! I definetley will be booking there again when I have business to attend to in Ramona. I live in Ventura County but have meetings I attend for my company a few times a year - Thank you so much San Vicente! Sincerely, Jerri Rieger - Simi Valley

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the golf course!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
BESTGOLFSPOT, Public Relations Manager at San Vicente Golf Resort, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
All of us at San Vicente Golf Resort thank you for your time writing this review and choosing to stay with us. We take great pride in providing each guest with the best service possible.

Each season provides a different look and feel - try all 4! If I can be of assistance please contact me at 760-310-5107. Hope to hear from you soon, Janice Baldridge, Marketing Coordinator for San Vicente Golf Resort

Been to San Vicente Golf Resort? Share your experiences!