“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Feather Bed

The Feather Bed
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Quincy
The Feather Bed
Save Saved
You added The Feather Bed to your Saves list
542 Jackson St, Quincy, CA 95971   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Quincy B&B and Inns
Somerton, Arizona
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband and I needed to escape the heat in our hometown and went to Quincy to do such that. We stayed at the Feather Bed Inn and must say that it is one of the best B&B's I've ever been in. We stayed in a very quiet cottage situated behind the main house and it was very comfortable, quiet and peaceful. The room was neatly decorated and maintained and I wouldn't have changed it for the world. The employees were WONDERFUL and would do anything they could within their power to please us. I happened to love Constant Comment tea and when they ran out of it, they went out and bought more just so I could have it with my scrumptious breakfast the next day. The food was delicious and every morning it was slightly different and very filling. A definite 5-star rating in my book. I'm going back....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Atwater, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

We come to Quincy a few times a year, and have stayed at all the motels quincy has to offer. We decided to spend alittle more and maybe have better accomidations then the motel scene. We were amazed with everything. The owner Bob is a saint and went above and beyond to making us comfertable. We stayed another night because the cottage was so comfy and we relaxed totaly. If you want comfort and pampering this is the place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Mendocino County, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I was traveling through Quincy on a business trip and only had the luxury of spending one night at this lovely B & B. Bob the owner, and John his assistant, were very gracious hosts. Bob is also a docent at the local museum so he knows the local history as well as all local events and entertainment. My room at the Feather Bed was furnished in beautiful old period pieces with a knock-out view of the mountains. A soak in the clawfoot tub, the big comfortable iron bed and a good book left me feeling like I was meant to be there. The night was warm so I could fall asleep with the windows open and felt safe and secure. When I woke to the early morning birds chirping away, I thought this was what it would feel like to wake up 100 years ago in a fine old home. Breakfast was amazing - tasty, healthy and filling….perfect. One night here felt like a week of rest and relaxation. I felt completely comfortable, relaxed and spoiled! Thanks Bob! I’ll be back.

Room Tip: The Gladys Reid room is in the back, quiet with afternoon sun. It may get hot in the summer but ther...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

As the founders of a non-profit wildlife sanctuary it is great to get away to a quiet B&B to relax. We visit the Feather Bed once a year and the last visit was for our 38th Anniversary. We stayed in the Guest Cottage and found it to be very comfortable. In all these years we have never been disappointed by the breakfast!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco Bay Area, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2010

On assignment with a government agency, I spent 6 nights at the cozy Guest House on the Feather Bed Inn premises. Bob, the owner, is the consummate B&B host with the most--he is kind, caring and thoughtful, going out of his way to make sure I enjoyed my stay. His generously portioned tasty breakfasts with fruit smoothies, fresh fruit, specialty egg dishes, his own smoked sausage, homemade cake that he bakes, and coffee or tea can get you through a hard-working day and then some. Every morning he had tips on something fun or enjoyable to do. He introduced me to locals around town, told me about the happening music and food places (Pangaea, the Methodist Church for community suppers, the theater for movies and music), and took me to church on Sunday. You can hang out in your cottage, on the back deck, or in the main Victorian House where there is a comfy living room, 2 dining rooms and work areas, and other guest rooms. In the summer Bob's garden yields fresh berries for his guests. The wifi is helpful for work. Norene, who works for Bob, kept my room tidy every day, and does the billing. The Inn is in easy walking distance to Main Street and Lawrence--the old and quaint part of Quincy where you can find places to eat, services, art galleries, and more. The town is surrounded by the largest number of acres of forest in any California county. One can hike, bike, fish, hunt and play in the snow and ski nearby. The only reason I didn't rate it 5 for cleanliness is because the edges of the bathroom door could use a little dusting. The Feather Bed Inn is a perfect place to spend one night or many. I can enthusiastically recommend it, Bob and Norene to anyone who enjoys some "down home" comforts.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
San Francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2009

We stayed one night in the Morning Room and had to miss breakfast due to an early start. Our room was comfortable and quaint with lots of charm, and the rate was very reasonable. It's very quiet at night ensuring a restful night sleep. The bathroom in the Morning Room could use some refreshing to bring it up to some modern standards but otherwise it was a pleasant stay with warm hospitality.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Sacramento
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2008

Please note: If I could give this Bed and breakfast a 4.5/5 I would. Everything was perfect and as expected about the feather bed, but I didn't give it a 5/5 because of the value. We paid $175/night the first night and got 15% off the next night, which is average for bed and breakfasts I've stayed at, but this being Quincy, and not a 5 diamond star place, it was a little on the steep side. I think $125-$150/night would have been more appropriate.

We stayed at the cottage in the back, which was victorian styled with a queen bed and day bed. There's a nice fireplace that you can adjust by dial and a claw foot tub in the bathroom. Great looking room- only drawback is that when it snows or rains you need to walk to the b&b.

The breakfast was awesome- the first day we had a hot chedder egg dish, blackberry smoothie, sausage and lemon cake. The 2nd day we had a peach smoothie, sausage, egg dish, orange and vanilla dish, and lemon cake. Could have been a bit more varied but it was really good so I didn't mind.

I love that this place is kid-friendly. We brought our 2-year-old toddler and had no problems. Having a separate cottage was great. The location of the feather bed is right in the middle of downtown so that's good. The owner, bob was very understanding about last minute cancellations (due to weather he said you can never know with quincy).

All in all I would definitely return!

• Liked — The location and the breakfast
  • Disliked — The driveway not being snow plowed
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to The Feather Bed? Share your experiences!