“Fabulous Ranch with Lovely People and Great Animals” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Greenhorn Creek Guest Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Quincy
Greenhorn Creek Guest Ranch
2116 Greenhorn Ranch Road, Quincy, CA 95971   |
San Francisco, California
“Fabulous Ranch with Lovely People and Great Animals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

We just spent a lovely long weekend at Greenhorn Ranch and already miss the peace and quiet greatly. The place is so quaint with the loveliest staff who make you feel like part of the family - just because that is what they are like. We enjoyed great rides in the beautiful forest and lovely horses (not the typical tourist half dead horses), camp fires with sing alongs, Smores, goat petting, walks and falling asleep early in the silence. We did not have enough time to fish one of the many trout in the pond but my husband saw an eagle dive down and "fish" a trout right out of the water. Plumas County is a well kept secret by Tahoe and we hope to be back. The accomodation is simple but clean and the food hearty and plenty. A wonderful time!

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

20 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2009

They make you feel right at home. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the food is delicious and you can ride as much or as little as you like. The scenery on the rides is beautiful and they were thoughtful about keeping us in the shade. They also have a pool, a pond for fishing, a saloon and excellent childcare, so grownups can do their thing and not worry about the little ones also enjoying their stay.

Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Carmel Valley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2009

We loved this place, but not for the usual reasons. We loved it because of the wonderful people and activities found there. The kids are exposed to old fashioned fun and hospitality the likes of which you can't find at a traditional resort. Such as?
How about the frog racing competition they had the night we were there? Featuring big bullfrogs caught that day by BJ the activities director. Try daily trail rides and nightly songfests around a huge bonfire as well as outdoor western movies or in our case, old episodes of the Lone Ranger. How about the family style meals served on long communal tables like at a summer camp? It all adds up to an old fashioned, kid-friendly experience. Don't be looking for luxury acomodations here, they are adaquate for the job. It's the people you will remember!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
gold country, california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2009

My 2 girls and I love this place so much...it's now our own family tradition. We've even convinced my husband to plan on going with us this summer. Everything from my first review is still correct, plus the owners keep making improvements to the grounds and facilities. Every one of the staff -- owners (they work, too!), wranglers, cooks, maintenance, EVERYONE -- is friendly, capable, and dedicated to making sure that guests have a wonderful (but safe) time. Yes, its rustic but that's the point. No TV or phones in the rooms, but I feel comfortable letting my girls roam at will around the grounds, and take trail rides without me. It's a vacation for me, too, and all of you other moms know what I'm talking about. My tween-ager loves Greenhorn so much she doesn't even complain about having to share a room with her little sister. And we have met some of the best folks in the world (literally!) there.......If you are considering a Dude Ranch, you have to experience this place!!

• Liked — Rustic but clean and comfortable
  • Disliked — Thin connecting door let me hear the folks next door too well...
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Santa Clara, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2007

What a fantastic place! I cannot even tell you how impressed I was overall. Wonderful, SKILLED, genuinely friendly staff : wranglers, activity directors, cooks, hotel staff - everyone! A great vacation getaway, by itself; but then there are the horses! These are horses who are loved and cared for and not at all trail-weary ! Over the 3 days of my stay, my horse and I really learned each other. I can't wait to return!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

• Liked — Clean and authentic.
  • Disliked — I wanted a cabin, but none were available.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Staffordshire, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2007

Nothing is too much trouble for the staff at this ranch. My friend and I had the best holiday ever last summer at Greenhorn. The cabin was great, food great and there was so much to do! We especially enjoyed all the horse-riding, we were well matched to horses that suited our ability (we are both advanced riders and were abit worried we'd get stuck with donkeys!). Can certainly recommend a visit to this place, we are currently planning this summers holiday there as we can't wait to go back!

• Stayed September 2006, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Greenhorn Creek Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!