“Please do not ever open this restaurant in the Hartford Connecticut area!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Original Pancake House

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Farmington, Connecticut
“Please do not ever open this restaurant in the Hartford Connecticut area!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Please never open The Original Pancake restaurant in the Hartford, Connecticut area or I will blow up like a blimp!! We always visit TOPH when we are in San Diego. It has become one of the high points of our trip over the past several years. Yes, I know there is a long wait especially on weekends, but it is so worthwhile. I do not eat eggs but adore great tasting pancakes and there is absolutely no restaurant within a half hour drive that has great pancakes. I love thin pancakes and always order the 49ers with a side of bacon. They both must be well done for my liking. I never fail to enjoy eating here and on this visit I had breakfast here three times this week. Their bacon is extremely meaty and when ordered "burned" comes out tasting like beef jerky. The coffee is superb. My wife usually orders the omelet but can never finish so this trip she had the crepes with fresh strawberries and she thought she died and went to heaven. When I have breakfast here I can't eat another morsel until much later at night. Yesterday we had breakfast at 10:30 AM and had dinner at 7:30 PM with only a piece of fruit in between and I wasn't even hungry at that time.

I am so glad that there is no OPH in the Hartford area or else I could easily become overweight to the point of being obese. I look forward to my next trip to San Diego so that I might return to the best breakfast ever!!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Must-try! Bring your appetite!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

What a great little find! I was staying in Rancho Bernardo and the hotel breakfast selection was dismal. I found this place on Yelp and showed up early because I read it got crowded very quickly - and glad I did! Got a place out on their patio area. Ordered the Dutch baby, sausage, and eggs. AMAZING! Plus, the OJ is squeezed fresh. So good! I am so glad I ventured out. I just wish there was one near me so I could try something different everyday! So many great things on the menu I wanted to try! They have other locations across the country as well. If there is one near you, check them out!!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Diego, California
“Always Good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Always get the same order - Apple Pancake with extra whip cream. Always satisfied. Coffee is great too!

Visited March 2013
Dunstable, Massachusetts
“Best breakfast experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Our waitress today told us that the meals containing eggs are so very tasty because the eggs OPH uses are the freshest available. The Apple Pancake, the fresh strawberry crepes, the omelets, the German Pancake, and all the other egg containing breakfast meals are beyond compare. Add this fact to the taste of the fresh squeezed orange juice, the flavor of their brewed coffee, the friendliness of the wait staff and the comfort of their indoor and outdoor seating and you've got yourself a very satisfying breakfast experience.
Whenever I visit San Diego I always make it a point to have breakfast at the OPH. While it may cost a bit more than a generic morning meal at a chain restaurant I always find the food and service so superior that I'm glad to pay the premium price for this level of dining quality.
I heartily recommend this restaurant to anyone within driving distance of Poway, CA!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Diego, California
“Yummy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Wonderful food. Everything is fresh, tasty and yummy. The potato pancakes are the best. Your coffee cup is alway full and your plate is over flowing with delicious breakfast delights. We visit several times a month.

Visited February 2013