“Durty and not for family” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Porterville

You added Motel 6 Porterville to your Saves list
Motel 6 Porterville
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   935 West Morton Avenue, SR 65/Poplar North at West Olive Avenue, Porterville, CA 93257   |
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Porterville
Alsace
“Durty and not for family”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2007

The most durty hotel of our vacation in USA, a used condom bag next to the bed, urine on the toilette and hairs on the shower. Strange people hanging around on rooms.
That was my second Motel 6 and last one on my vacation, pay 20-30 dollar more but get a safer and clean room.
I wrote to Motel 6 relations department and hope that this Motel will lose the Motel 6 name, is better for the department if they don't want to loose more client.
Enjoy your holiday

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Room, Motel area
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
4 Thank mcallan

San Diego
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2007

O.k. We stayed there because it was the only hotel available. All the other rooms were taken at the Best Western. I got up in the middle of the night and I'm not kidding you, I went out to smoke a cigarette and it was like "The night of the living dead", there were these zombie looking people milling outside of their rooms. They were obviously totally wacked on crystal meth. They seemed nervous and paranoid and it wasn't like it was just one room, it was like every other room. It was freaky. It's a total drug motel and they sell and use there. Don't you dare go there, especially if you have kids, they might be caught in a gunfire shootout (you know how paranoid crystal meth people get) DISGUSTING. I don't know why the Porterville Police department doesn't do anything about it. It's disgusting. I drive down Olive and can point out at least nine people every time I drive down that street that are completely gone on crystal meth. It's disgusting and I don't see too many "controlled substance" arrests. One person told me (just moved here last year) that I wouldn't believe it if she told me, but the police are involved in keeping the users safe. NOW I REALLY FEEL SAFE. And it made sense. I see so many obvious users walking down the street and if it is obvious to me, it should be 100% times more obvious to them. It seems like they just "let it slide". Great, thanks Porterville Police Department. I feel safe now.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The night crawlers
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't check in. You might never check out.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Jillian1

Travelers are raving about these Porterville hotels

San Diego
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2006

I'm not sure who wrote the other reviews, but I seemed to have had a totally different experience. Over the years I had come to expect that a Motel6 was not fancy, but clean. The Motel 6 in Porterville - and I'm not picky - was absolutely filthy. I would rather sleep in a tent in a park. Very Dirty in all aspects.

I would only stay here in a terrible pinch - and I would sleep in a sleeping bag on top of the beds.

Beware of the Motel 6 Porterville!!

• Liked — Close to Sequoia National Forst (Not Park - that is to the north)
  • Disliked — Dirty, Disgusting really
  • Tips/Secrets — Keep Going....
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank Mndy1
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2006

We stayed at Motel 6 in Porterville, we stayed one night @ 38.87. They charged me $38.87 and $259.14 on my credit card. I called them to see why they charged me so much the manager told me I needed to go over there with my credit card and that he can not explain it over the phone. So I took time off of work went over there and they had already credit me 86.38. When I was there they had credit me the remaining balance. The manager was very rude and nasty about the whole situation. He not once tried to apologize for their mistake. I will not stay @ this Motel 6 in the future.

• Stayed January 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2005

I did stay at motel 6 in Porterville in sept of 05 and I must say that this is one of the best motels in the area, the price is cheaper that any other motel in the area and the room was very clean. I just pay 37.99 for a great service.

Stayed September 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2005

This isn't a fancy motel, so I wasn't to upset when I found no fridge, microwave, shampoo, or hairdryer. However, I do expect a clean and roach-free room. I saw about 10 roaches the whole night I was there. I was so disgusted. I had very little choice to go to antoher hotel or room because they were all booked for the Labor Day weekend. I was so disgusted. This was my first time at a motel 6 and I will never stay in one again.

• Stayed September 2005
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2004

I've stayed here a couple of times already. I'm planning to stay here again only because it's cheap and the accommodations are budget. I'm only there to sleep & bathe, and be on my way. I did find out from local Porterville residents that some people actually pay for a night's stay just to use the swimming pool, since no one seems to have AC or some public pool to go to. I also notice alot of people seem to set up in front of their downstairs hotel rooms as if they're hanging out on their front porch. My last stay, my smoke alarm battery was dead, so it was making that beeping noise. I went down to the hotel manager and got another battery. That too was dead, so I just didn't insert the battery. It was only for 1 night, so I didn't worry too much. Also the remote for the TV was gone. All in all, I only stay here because it cost me $40 total for a night. There's a Best Western in southern Porterville going for $70 a night. Not sure if the $30 extra is worth it or not.

• Stayed January 2005
11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Porterville
Americas Best Value Inn - Porterville
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#7 of 13 in Tulare
4.0 of 5 stars 86 reviews

Been to Motel 6 Porterville? Share your experiences!