“Good Motel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Porterville

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Porterville to your Saves list
Motel 6 Porterville
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   935 West Morton Avenue, SR 65/Poplar North at West Olive Avenue, Porterville, CA 93257   |
Ranked #3 of 5 hotels in Porterville
Germany
“Good Motel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2009

After a long trip from Oakland we were searching for a relatively cheap and clean Motel in Porterville.First we went to the two better motels in town but because of the high price we went to the cheaper motels.From the cheaper motels Motel6 was the best anyway,the room was clean and the staff friendly.Recommendable for an economic stay.If you really think this motel is dirty take a look at the other cheap motels in town,believe me you`d be glad to stay at motel6.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

23 people have reviewed this hotel

Allinge, Denmark
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2009

Arriving late, we were happy to find a cheap ($50 for four people) place to stay for one night.

Service was friendly and quick.

The room seemed small and the beds not very good. One kids complained that the blanket was "icky".

In the morning (daylight) we saw a bugger on the wall and under the beds lay snacks from several earlier stays (peanuts and pretzels to name a few).

Spend another 10 or 20 dollars and get a clean room somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Los Angeles,ca
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2008

Well ,my spouse has family there so why anybody would want to live live there is beyond me! stayed at other motels in Portervile and sad to say it was one of the better motels ..OMG cant believe I said that!! We Frequently visited there (not by my choice) yes it is infested with Tweekers but thats Porterville for you believe me !!! spent eight years visiting that sad city and they do flock to the motels . We even got a room with the broken Tv and they still charged us a regular rate! But no where else to go!!! Never took my kids there. .Left them in LA ...(much safer.).lol..lol. Once we stayed at the Hotel across that street was worse! This is more a truckers stop motel not for families!!! Advice: Keep driving a few more miles....

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — Lacks maintenance!!!! in every aspect
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2008

Absolutely the worst motel experience of my life. It was the first time I have ever stayed in a motel where the temperature in every room is controlled by an outside thermostat. There were no individually controlled units. At nightfall, when it drops below a certain temperature outside, the air conditioning is turned off to all the rooms. We complained about being so hot through the night, but got no results. One other thing. There were no drawers to put your clothes, no chair, no table, no nightstand. All we got was a bed and a TV. I am not exaggerating.

• Liked — Cheap, but I am willing to pay more for some comfort
  • Disliked — Central air conditioning system cuts off every night
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Alsace
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2007

The most durty hotel of our vacation in USA, a used condom bag next to the bed, urine on the toilette and hairs on the shower. Strange people hanging around on rooms.
That was my second Motel 6 and last one on my vacation, pay 20-30 dollar more but get a safer and clean room.
I wrote to Motel 6 relations department and hope that this Motel will lose the Motel 6 name, is better for the department if they don't want to loose more client.
Enjoy your holiday

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Room, Motel area
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
San Diego
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2007

O.k. We stayed there because it was the only hotel available. All the other rooms were taken at the Best Western. I got up in the middle of the night and I'm not kidding you, I went out to smoke a cigarette and it was like "The night of the living dead", there were these zombie looking people milling outside of their rooms. They were obviously totally wacked on crystal meth. They seemed nervous and paranoid and it wasn't like it was just one room, it was like every other room. It was freaky. It's a total drug motel and they sell and use there. Don't you dare go there, especially if you have kids, they might be caught in a gunfire shootout (you know how paranoid crystal meth people get) DISGUSTING. I don't know why the Porterville Police department doesn't do anything about it. It's disgusting. I drive down Olive and can point out at least nine people every time I drive down that street that are completely gone on crystal meth. It's disgusting and I don't see too many "controlled substance" arrests. One person told me (just moved here last year) that I wouldn't believe it if she told me, but the police are involved in keeping the users safe. NOW I REALLY FEEL SAFE. And it made sense. I see so many obvious users walking down the street and if it is obvious to me, it should be 100% times more obvious to them. It seems like they just "let it slide". Great, thanks Porterville Police Department. I feel safe now.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The night crawlers
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't check in. You might never check out.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Diego
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2006

I'm not sure who wrote the other reviews, but I seemed to have had a totally different experience. Over the years I had come to expect that a Motel6 was not fancy, but clean. The Motel 6 in Porterville - and I'm not picky - was absolutely filthy. I would rather sleep in a tent in a park. Very Dirty in all aspects.

I would only stay here in a terrible pinch - and I would sleep in a sleeping bag on top of the beds.

Beware of the Motel 6 Porterville!!

• Liked — Close to Sequoia National Forst (Not Park - that is to the north)
  • Disliked — Dirty, Disgusting really
  • Tips/Secrets — Keep Going....
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Motel 6 Porterville? Share your experiences!