“Porterville is not the nicest place in the world!” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Porterville
“Porterville is not the nicest place in the world!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2007

Stayed one night here for business in July 2006. Accomodations are relatively limited in Porterville. The Best Western is the best of the bunch. This hotel is frequented by staff of the US Forest Service and California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection as it is the closest hotel to the nearby national and state forests.

Nothing spectacular about this place. It is a typical chain hotel with average amenities and services. The room A/C worked well as it was in the 110's outside. Though the complementary breakfast buffet was not that great, the hotel provides good value.

• Liked — The room A/C worked like a charm!
  • Disliked — The complimentary breakfast was not that great.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Gmbwport, Manager at BEST WESTERN Porterville Inn, responded to this review, October 5, 2008
We appreciate your response. We have just recently been made aware about the TripAdvisor and the reviews from travelers. So, the reviews, however old, are new to us. On the breakfast side, we have added boiled eggs, and of course, we offer the hot waffles plus various other items such as danish roll, muffins, frest fruits, cereals, oatmeal, milk (2% and Not Fat) coffee, and various flavored tea. We invited to check us out.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2005

We made a reservation for two rooms for a Saturday night. Our friends tried to check into one of the rooms, and the hotel staff said my reservation was only for one room. They would be happy to give them that room, but could not guarantee my room if they took it. They told us, I called the hotel. Then they said it WAS for two rooms! I asked them why they turned my friends away, they denied it all, got argumentative with me and rude. I told them I was not paying for the second room since my friends found another place down the road. We checked in and then the rate was higher and they refused to accept my confirmed reservation quote! She even pulled out a chart to show me how wrong I was. (I have the hard copy with the correct rate). When we arrived at our destination event, we were told by the locals that the staff has always been rude and uncooperative and we should have stayed somewhere else. They refused to send people there for this reason.
The next morning, the water shut off during my husband's shower. I called the desk and they agreed the water was off, with expected turn on time of 1 1/2 hours! I told them it was unacceptable. They turned it back on. When I checked out, I overheard housekeeping confirming she had called everyone to report the water would be off at noon (it was off at 11:00 a.m.) and they never called us! Staff was unresponsive, offered no discount for the trouble, and the night staff was rude.
I worked for a Best Western for four years and never treated guests like this. I will not go back. I will settle for a less nice room to be treated better.

Stayed December 2005

Travelers are raving about these Porterville hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2005

I live in porterville and compared to the other motels, this one is Paradise.

Stayed February 2005

Been to BEST WESTERN Porterville Inn? Share your experiences!