We made a reservation for two rooms for a Saturday night. Our friends tried to check into one of the rooms, and the hotel staff said my reservation was only for one room. They would be happy to give them that room, but could not guarantee my room if they took it. They told us, I called the hotel. Then they said it WAS for two rooms! I asked them why they turned my friends away, they denied it all, got argumentative with me and rude. I told them I was not paying for the second room since my friends found another place down the road. We checked in and then the rate was higher and they refused to accept my confirmed reservation quote! She even pulled out a chart to show me how wrong I was. (I have the hard copy with the correct rate). When we arrived at our destination event, we were told by the locals that the staff has always been rude and uncooperative and we should have stayed somewhere else. They refused to send people there for this reason.
The next morning, the water shut off during my husband's shower. I called the desk and they agreed the water was off, with expected turn on time of 1 1/2 hours! I told them it was unacceptable. They turned it back on. When I checked out, I overheard housekeeping confirming she had called everyone to report the water would be off at noon (it was off at 11:00 a.m.) and they never called us! Staff was unresponsive, offered no discount for the trouble, and the night staff was rude.
I worked for a Best Western for four years and never treated guests like this. I will not go back. I will settle for a less nice room to be treated better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm and inviting staff welcomes you at the BEST WESTERN Porterville Inn. Experience small town hospitality and charm where the local scenery and beauty will captivate you and invite your senses to awake with pine trees and fresh country air. The possibilities of adventure and relaxation will draw you in with a short drive to Sequoia National Park and Yosemite National Park. The BEST WESTERN Porterville Inn is located in the heart of Porterville with easy access to everything. We are less than a half mile from Porterville College and Downtown Porterville. The McDermont Field House and Porterville Municipal Airport is just a few minutes away. The BEST WESTERN Porterville Inn provides both business and leisure travelers a comfortable and pleasant experience. By providing an unsurpassed degree of service, we are dedicated to ensuring our guests the utmost level of comfort. The BEST WESTERN Porterville Inn is a quaint hotel with all the comforts of your home away from home.For an intimate setting, guests can enjoy breakfast each morning in the casual ambiance of our breakfast room. The BEST WESTERN Porterville Inn offers an extended continental breakfast with an abundant variety of fresh items along with "make your own Belgian waffles." Guest can also enjoy the 24-Hour Denny's Restaurant on site. Guests can relax in our outdoor pool, whirlpool, and sun deck. All of our guest rooms feature full granite showers and vanities, television with pay-per-view movies, Nintendo, extended cable channels, and complimentary wireless high speed Internet access, private voicemail, hair dryer, coffee and tea service, and iron and ironing boards. Our new signature bedding includes triple sheet bedding, pillow tops, feather pillows, and soft duvets. Ample parking is always complimentary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your BEST WESTERN Porterville Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Porterville Hotel Porterville
- Porterville Best Western
- Best Western Porterville Hotel