“Happy I chose this one” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Porterville
Rogers, Arkansas, United States
“Happy I chose this one”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I read the reviews on some and was a little nervous . But I was happy with this one. It was clean and smelled clean as well as soon as you walked in. Staff was super friendly and helpful. This was my only time to spend with my nieces and they let me bring them in to swim. Even tho it was only an hour( which was all I had) it meant so much to us! Room was a little warm for while, but it was 112 degrees outside , it took a bit to get it comfy for me. Price was great on Hotwire . I would definitely stay again. No complaints at all.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
General M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Porterville Inn, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Robin S,

Thank you for taking the time in reviewing the Best western Porterville. We are delighted to hear you were “happy” with our hotel. We work hard in providing our guests with a memorable experience and are thrilled to have accomplished said task. We look forward to your next stay with us and appreciate your feedback regarding the Best Western Porterville.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Beaumont, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Freeway close, has pool and free limited breakfast. They do, however, have a hidden mandatory $1 PER NIGHT room safe fee, which I will never understand. You cannot opt out of this. Bed was decent, but springs were detected near the edge.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
General M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Porterville Inn, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Dear 1oldsarge,

Thank you for taking the time in reviewing the Best Western Porterville. We are delighted to hear our hotel has a “great location and price”. We are centrally located near several area attractions and are thrilled to hear it was beneficial to you, during your stay. As you mentioned, we do offer a complimentary breakfast and are so pleased you were able to enjoy it. We hope to see you again, during your next trip to Porterville. Once more, thank you for reviewing the Best Western Porterville.
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I stayed at this property while visiting a friend. It's an older hotel. Rooms have been updated. Hallways need new carpet - they feel worn out. Don't think there are elevators so if you are on the 2nd floor, pack light!

Some bullet points first:
* Lobby was not warm and friendly, but clean
* Hallway carpet is warn out - no cushion under it at all.
* Door to my room was not hung straight - I could see the light shining through on 3/4 of it from the hallway into the room. When I looked around, the other doors were not like this. They were even and no light shining through.
* Room had curtains fully open to west and full sun coming in and the air was off - the room was a sauna and it was 108 outside.
* Front desk said maintenance has left for the day and my option was to wait and see or change rooms. (see narrative below)
* There was a glob of hair (dry) in my tub and strands of hair as well. I had not used the bathroom and I am blonde and the hair was dark. I discovered this at 10 p.m. when I got back from dinner. I got a handywipe from my purse and removed it and then turned on the shower to clean it. YUK!
* there is plastic under the sheet - why? It's hotter than hell in Porterville and you have to keep the air on so high to counteract this. Do people pee on the bed? And if so, is that plastic cleaned.
* Burn marks on the carpet that looked like it was from a cigarette even though it's a non smoking hotel
* The electrical outlets on the desk lamp did not work so I could not charge my ipad or phone there. There was one available outlet on the wall by one nightstand (the other had both taken) and I assume there was an outlet near the coffee maker but I didn't check
* WiFi (free) never was able to connect. It would take me to the log in and I'd click the box to accept terms and conditions, but the "enter" box never came on. It also took a long time for the log in page to come up. I ended up using the wifi hotspot from my phone.
*Towels are worn out and sad. :(
* If you come back after 10 p.m. the doors to the lobby are locked and the front desk has to open it for you (no key entry) and then from there you go to the outer buildings for your room and they have to unlock the lobby doors. The front desk seemed put out that I was coming back and needed to be let in.

Question Best Western: If check in is at 3 p.m. why is maintenance off so early - you may have problems in a room and if the hotel is sold out what do you do with the guest? I decided to see if the room cooled while I was at dinner and it thankfully did since when I arrived I was cutting it close for our dinner and did not have time to take my luggage downstairs and then to the other building and start over on getting ready.

I had a face mask so the light coming in through the front door that was not hung properly was not an issue, but otherwise, there was quite a bit of light coming in.

I never took advantage of the breakfast or coffee as it was on the other side of the hotel and I had things to do. Instead went to a restaurant with a friend.

Didn't feel front desk person when I checked in was that friendly - almost like she is put out helping people. She seems as worn and tired as the carpet and the towels.

Room Tip: If it's hot, do not get a room with west windows - it takes too long too cool.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear love2spin,

Thank you for investing your time in reviewing our hotel. We always aim to wow our guests and are disappointed to have missed such an opportunity with you. Please know your concerns are being addressed with our staff in hopes of improving the stay of future guests. We hope you would be so kind as to give us another chance and stay with us again, in the future. Once more, thank you for providing feedback regarding our hotel.
Robbinsdale, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Best Western is usually always fine. This one was too dirty. And this town isn't really a good place to stay. It's kind of void of anything to do while in town. Also this Sequoia National Monument "South Unit" is what is right by it, and I don't know that this part of Sequoia National Monument has much in the way of attractions that are accessible. The Northern part of Sequoia, which is part of King's Canyon, is an easier arrival out of Fresno or Visalia. Both these national parks have SOME accessible Sequoia to see. I was hoping Porterville would be the fun town off the beaten path, but it wasn't. If you do stay there, the Italian place on main street is very friendly and they'll cook you a good meal. I had bass. the bass was good. The potatoes were too. The broccoli was nothing special. But the Don Julio martinis were awesome!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Gregory M,

Thank you for investing your time in reviewing our hotel. We always aim to wow our guests and are disappointed to have missed such an opportunity with you. We sincerely apologize for the issues you had with our hotel. Please know your concerns are being addressed with our staff, in hopes of improving our hotel. We hope to see you again, during your next trip to Porterville. Once more, thank you for reviewing our hotel.
Geneva, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

the rooms were clean and up to date , the hotel staff was very pleasant and helpful. had a beautiful view. close to many stores the only thing that was lacking slightly was the breakfast,it could have been better but overall a great place to stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

When I first checked in, the person at the front desk was pretty snippy and unfriendly. Thankfully though, service improved later on and staff were helpful.

The rooms are totally basic and on the small side. Bring your own cleaning products if random mystery morsels and stains bother you: this place is well used.

FWY access is easy, but traffic is loud. Believe the reviews that recommend the courtyard rooms.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Albuquerque, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I stayed at the Best Western in Porterville for 4 nights and we enjoyed the pool and the staff was very friendly, responded to our requests for extra towels and blankets with no hesitation. The only problem we had was someone's children pounding on doors one Friday night and running away. The staff started monitoring the halls and the banging ceased.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN Porterville Inn? Share your experiences!