I stayed at this property while visiting a friend. It's an older hotel. Rooms have been updated. Hallways need new carpet - they feel worn out. Don't think there are elevators so if you are on the 2nd floor, pack light!
Some bullet points first:
* Lobby was not warm and friendly, but clean
* Hallway carpet is warn out - no cushion under it at all.
* Door to my room was not hung straight - I could see the light shining through on 3/4 of it from the hallway into the room. When I looked around, the other doors were not like this. They were even and no light shining through.
* Room had curtains fully open to west and full sun coming in and the air was off - the room was a sauna and it was 108 outside.
* Front desk said maintenance has left for the day and my option was to wait and see or change rooms. (see narrative below)
* There was a glob of hair (dry) in my tub and strands of hair as well. I had not used the bathroom and I am blonde and the hair was dark. I discovered this at 10 p.m. when I got back from dinner. I got a handywipe from my purse and removed it and then turned on the shower to clean it. YUK!
* there is plastic under the sheet - why? It's hotter than hell in Porterville and you have to keep the air on so high to counteract this. Do people pee on the bed? And if so, is that plastic cleaned.
* Burn marks on the carpet that looked like it was from a cigarette even though it's a non smoking hotel
* The electrical outlets on the desk lamp did not work so I could not charge my ipad or phone there. There was one available outlet on the wall by one nightstand (the other had both taken) and I assume there was an outlet near the coffee maker but I didn't check
* WiFi (free) never was able to connect. It would take me to the log in and I'd click the box to accept terms and conditions, but the "enter" box never came on. It also took a long time for the log in page to come up. I ended up using the wifi hotspot from my phone.
*Towels are worn out and sad. :(
* If you come back after 10 p.m. the doors to the lobby are locked and the front desk has to open it for you (no key entry) and then from there you go to the outer buildings for your room and they have to unlock the lobby doors. The front desk seemed put out that I was coming back and needed to be let in.
Question Best Western: If check in is at 3 p.m. why is maintenance off so early - you may have problems in a room and if the hotel is sold out what do you do with the guest? I decided to see if the room cooled while I was at dinner and it thankfully did since when I arrived I was cutting it close for our dinner and did not have time to take my luggage downstairs and then to the other building and start over on getting ready.
I had a face mask so the light coming in through the front door that was not hung properly was not an issue, but otherwise, there was quite a bit of light coming in.
I never took advantage of the breakfast or coffee as it was on the other side of the hotel and I had things to do. Instead went to a restaurant with a friend.
Didn't feel front desk person when I checked in was that friendly - almost like she is put out helping people. She seems as worn and tired as the carpet and the towels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm and inviting staff welcomes you at the BEST WESTERN Porterville Inn. Experience small town hospitality and charm where the local scenery and beauty will captivate you and invite your senses to awake with pine trees and fresh country air. The possibilities of adventure and relaxation will draw you in with a short drive to Sequoia National Park and Yosemite National Park. The BEST WESTERN Porterville Inn is located in the heart of Porterville with easy access to everything. We are less than a half mile from Porterville College and Downtown Porterville. The McDermont Field House and Porterville Municipal Airport is just a few minutes away. The BEST WESTERN Porterville Inn provides both business and leisure travelers a comfortable and pleasant experience. By providing an unsurpassed degree of service, we are dedicated to ensuring our guests the utmost level of comfort. The BEST WESTERN Porterville Inn is a quaint hotel with all the comforts of your home away from home.For an intimate setting, guests can enjoy breakfast each morning in the casual ambiance of our breakfast room. The BEST WESTERN Porterville Inn offers an extended continental breakfast with an abundant variety of fresh items along with "make your own Belgian waffles." Guest can also enjoy the 24-Hour Denny's Restaurant on site. Guests can relax in our outdoor pool, whirlpool, and sun deck. All of our guest rooms feature full granite showers and vanities, television with pay-per-view movies, Nintendo, extended cable channels, and complimentary wireless high speed Internet access, private voicemail, hair dryer, coffee and tea service, and iron and ironing boards. Our new signature bedding includes triple sheet bedding, pillow tops, feather pillows, and soft duvets. Ample parking is always complimentary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN Porterville Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Porterville Hotel Porterville
- Porterville Best Western
- Best Western Porterville Hotel