“best western hotel porterville” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
1,000 bonus reward points
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Porterville
yorba linda, United States
“best western hotel porterville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

this is a most excellent hotel. its super clean and modern décor. the staff is so very pleasant and helpful to your every request. my dogs are allowed to stay with me with no problem. the morning breakfast is quite good. location is perfect, just off the main highway yet quiet enough to be able to relax around the pool. I will always be back to this hotel for all my stays.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Clovis, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

The front desk agent- Minnie is so rude and short with me even though I stayed at this hotel many times (10-12 days). First she tells me I don't need the exempt form, even though I know I'm a government employee and exempt from tax. Then when I go back to the office to get reimbursed the tax is on there, she says I didn't fill out the form upon arrival- this is so frustrating and she is gets all short with me again, it's a terrible process and I've had to do it at least 3 times. I decided to have my travel preparer to start having me stay at Holiday Inn.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Travelers are raving about these Porterville hotels

Desert Hot Springs, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Very clean, comfortable rooms with massage and beauty shops on site and a Denny's attached at the back. Free parking and internet, pretty good breakfast. Would definitely stay here again. Note, if you're visiting to see the National Sequoia Monument, check with the forestry, ancient sequoia monument office; we did and the very helpful staff there advised the winter roads were still closed. Saved us hours and showed us the best route for getting to the National Sequoia Park.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Had to stay in Porterville because of convenience, not by choice. Stayed at the Best Western based on price compared with the Holiday Inn. Location is ok with easy access from the highway. Rooms were actually pretty good, large and clean and we had an inner room which looked out to the pool area. This seemed much nicer than the outside facing rooms. I had continued problems with my swipe access card, but the lady at reception was always polite and helpful.
Dinner at Denny's was terrible so I suggest eating somewhere else in Porterville. The only good thing was that it is next to the motel. Breakfast in the motel itself was average, again I'd eat elsewhere.
Served it's purpose as a stop over point but I would be looking to stay elsewhere, preferably not in Porterville.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I am staying 2 nights on business. I come regularly to this hotel to work on a project nearby. The competing Holliday Inn was pricy and about the same.
Everything seems to work, the bed is comfortable and the room clean. Only they forgot to stock any shampoo or conditioner, which I did not notice til I was in the shower, too bad.

Room Tip: I chose a room towards the (inner circle) overlooking the pool - much quieter (#253). The outer roo...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Santa Clara, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Porterville Best Western Inn - wish they had dinner as dinner at Denny's left a lot to be desired. The value of the room was worth the stay. The breakfast was terrific! The staff was great and very accommodating! The bed could have been better - it wasn't as plush and comfy as the other Best Western's we stayed at on this trip and it's the ONLY reason we rated this "very good". all else was great! We felt safe and secure with the security system in place.

Room Tip: I would stay here again - just didn't like the food at Denny's so if you're looking for...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Janesville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Room #1, the toilet would not flush. Room #2, night stands had not been cleaned, bathroom counter had not been cleaned and the bedspread was dirty. The dust ruffle was pulled out on the bottom so I believe the sheets may not have been changed either. Room #3 was acceptable so we stayed. When moving the car closer to the room, a drug deal was witnessed at the end of the parking lot. The show water was warm but not hot.
This was certainly not what we expected from a Best Western. The other 2 nights we had planned to stay were canceled and we stayed in a nearby town.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Porterville
Americas Best Value Inn - Porterville
Marriott Visalia
Marriott Visalia
#6 of 14 in Visalia
4.0 of 5 stars 244 reviews

Been to BEST WESTERN Porterville Inn? Share your experiences!