I make frequent business trips to the San Joaquin Valley, and have always stayed in the towns along Hwy 99. On this trip I decided to check out Porterville lodging, about 15 miles west of 99. I was pleased to find this Best Western at a reasonable price. I was greeted by a gas fireplace in the lobby. The place has the ambience of a slightly dated but clean and comfortable resort. The outdoor pool and spa occupy a large courtyard. Room was fairly clean, just a little dust in the corners, with large abstract paintings on the walls, and fully furnished with fridge and microwave. Hot breakfast included sausage and eggs. Porterville is nestled at the base of the Sierra foothills. Don't miss the drive west on Rt 190, with orange groves and spectacular views of the High Sierras just 15 minutes away. Watch your directions carefully, as the motel access from 190 is a little tricky. The inn is located in a business park with some truck traffic from a Walmart distribution center, but noise wasn't a problem with a courtyard facing room. My only gripe was a mistaken wake-up call (too early), but this gave me a little time to explore the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm and inviting staff welcomes you at the BEST WESTERN Porterville Inn. Experience small town hospitality and charm where the local scenery and beauty will captivate you and invite your senses to awake with pine trees and fresh country air. The possibilities of adventure and relaxation will draw you in with a short drive to Sequoia National Park and Yosemite National Park. The BEST WESTERN Porterville Inn is located in the heart of Porterville with easy access to everything. We are less than a half mile from Porterville College and Downtown Porterville. The McDermont Field House and Porterville Municipal Airport is just a few minutes away. The BEST WESTERN Porterville Inn provides both business and leisure travelers a comfortable and pleasant experience. By providing an unsurpassed degree of service, we are dedicated to ensuring our guests the utmost level of comfort. The BEST WESTERN Porterville Inn is a quaint hotel with all the comforts of your home away from home.For an intimate setting, guests can enjoy breakfast each morning in the casual ambiance of our breakfast room. The BEST WESTERN Porterville Inn offers an extended continental breakfast with an abundant variety of fresh items along with "make your own Belgian waffles." Guest can also enjoy the 24-Hour Denny's Restaurant on site. Guests can relax in our outdoor pool, whirlpool, and sun deck. All of our guest rooms feature full granite showers and vanities, television with pay-per-view movies, Nintendo, extended cable channels, and complimentary wireless high speed Internet access, private voicemail, hair dryer, coffee and tea service, and iron and ironing boards. Our new signature bedding includes triple sheet bedding, pillow tops, feather pillows, and soft duvets. Ample parking is always complimentary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Porterville Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Porterville Hotel Porterville
- Porterville Best Western
- Best Western Porterville Hotel