“Asian guy” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Filipino
“Asian guy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I haven't went back since my first experience there it was called triple h. Terrible terrible terrible the worst Filipino food I've ever ate. It took about 45min for my order and the lumpias were made with green giant frozen assorted veg. Super oily too. The adobo was dry! Called today just to see if they changed cooks maybe I'll try it again they didn't even pick up the phone called 3 times! Nah I think I'll eat Filipino elsewhere...

Los Angeles, California
“Good Filipino Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Been here a few times and they offer a variety of Filipino dishes. You can eat dine in or carry out. It can take time for you to wait if you order carry out. Get their menu and order from home then pick it up. It would be less waiting. Food is average. It's a hit and miss. Some are delicious and some not so.

But the place is really spacious and cozy. You can spend the whole afternoon eating and chatting since it is usually quiet. We come and order here only if my wife doesn't want to cook. Otherwise, we don't eat here at all.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Illinois
“Delicious Filipino Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I come to Porterville once a year and checked out Trip Advisor to find a good place for dinner. Based on other reviews, I went to Lorlyn's and was very happy I did! I ate Pancit Bihon, Lumpia and flan. Lorlyn, the owner, took care of me and let me taste the Adobong Manok (chicken in soy sauce) and the Afretada (chicken, veggies, tomato sauce). They were both delicious but heavier than what I wanted for dinner. The place is small but clean - 8 tables, some of them for 4 peopla and some for 6. Call first to make sure she is open as she might close early if she doesn't have any customers. You have to look hard to find the restaurant as it is in a strip perpedicular to Olive. Go west on Olive from 65, turn right past Dollar General - Lorlyn's is located next to Mariscos Mazatlan mexican seafood restaurant. Lorlyn's is worth the extra effort - she will appreciate your business and you will be rewarded with a great meal.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vista, California
“Pinoy taste @ Porterville”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

The place was clean and the food is great. My class went in there for lunch. We have different races in our class...and they loved the food!!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
previse
“Hard to find, closes early”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Their small artful sign makes the restaurant difficult to find. Look for a reddish rectangle on a long concrete facade in a series of much larger signs. At 6:30, when we finally found the place, they were closing.

Visited March 2013