“Delicious Filipino Food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Filipino
Illinois
“Delicious Filipino Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I come to Porterville once a year and checked out Trip Advisor to find a good place for dinner. Based on other reviews, I went to Lorlyn's and was very happy I did! I ate Pancit Bihon, Lumpia and flan. Lorlyn, the owner, took care of me and let me taste the Adobong Manok (chicken in soy sauce) and the Afretada (chicken, veggies, tomato sauce). They were both delicious but heavier than what I wanted for dinner. The place is small but clean - 8 tables, some of them for 4 peopla and some for 6. Call first to make sure she is open as she might close early if she doesn't have any customers. You have to look hard to find the restaurant as it is in a strip perpedicular to Olive. Go west on Olive from 65, turn right past Dollar General - Lorlyn's is located next to Mariscos Mazatlan mexican seafood restaurant. Lorlyn's is worth the extra effort - she will appreciate your business and you will be rewarded with a great meal.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Vista, California
“Pinoy taste @ Porterville”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

The place was clean and the food is great. My class went in there for lunch. We have different races in our class...and they loved the food!!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
previse
“Hard to find, closes early”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Their small artful sign makes the restaurant difficult to find. Look for a reddish rectangle on a long concrete facade in a series of much larger signs. At 6:30, when we finally found the place, they were closing.

Visited March 2013
Lemoore
“professional taste of P.I. food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I took my wife there and we really liked it , very clean restaurant. service is great.we eat chicken adobo, chicken afitada, mungo bean soup. soon I can't wait until they start serving chicken larp,beef larb yun nua

• Visited February 2013
Lemoore, CA
“One of the best Filipino Restaurants I've eaten at”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I brought my family to Lorlyn's Kitchen from a friend's suggestion and we weren't disappointed. The place has a new ownership and the food and service were outstanding. The three of us were treated to a dinner of oxtail, fried rice, 2 kinds of lumpia, pork/chicken adobo and menudo. The portions were plentiful and they were more than happy to box up what we couldn't finish to take home and enjoy another day. Seeing as it was a little slow that evening, Lorlyn and her husband (Mike?) sat down at the table next to us and started chatting. Very friendly couple and we're certainly glad we made the decision to eat there. Price was reasonable enough for a family of three with big appetites and some leftovers (<$30). I spent several years overseas in the US Navy and many of those in the Philippines, so I know authentic Filipino food. This is the real deal. I highly recommend Lorlyn's Kitchen.

• Visited November 2012