“Ehh..., average Mexican fare at best...” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 88 Restaurants in Porterville
Cuisines: Mexican
San Francisco, California
“Ehh..., average Mexican fare at best...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

I was brought here for a quick business lunch and I had an iced tea, and their lunch special or one shredded beef taco and chicken enchilada. It came with rice and re-fried beans. I asked about carnitas and they said that they don't serve them. Disappointing to me. The lunch special I ordered was ok. They could have been more attentive and fill up our tortilla chips and salsa.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Porterville, California
“stick with the seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Okay I know it is odd that the seafood would be good here in the ville of Porter, but trust me on this
The seafood soup is great, though I really like the mixed seafood enchiladas with fish, shrimp and octopus (yes octopus - again trust me on this - was very tender and non fishy)

the freebee starter of beans is a bit odd but good

one of the better if not the best of Porterville's restaurant

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Springville, California
“A Favorite !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

This is my favorite Mexican Restraunt in Porterville. Have been a regular since it's inception. They have a variety of dishes including seafood. Really really good! Great friendly service.

Visited June 2012
“Great service but food is not good---”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Our waitress was very attentive and polite, our food arrived promptly (there were only 2 other tables with people) but the food was just not good. My Mom ordered the house specialty and she said it tasted like it was cooked in old oil. My sister ordered some enchiladas and didn't take more than one bite. I ordered some chile rellenos and I was not expecting the white sauce they put on top of it (white sauce was not good). The interior of the restaurant is colorful and looks clean and ample. Our disappointment on this visit was the food! P.S This review from me comes from someone who knows what good Mexican food is supposed to taste like.

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
London
“Very friendly service, but the food was average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

While the staff and restaurant were both very welcoming, we were a little disappointed by our meal. We started the meal with a free taster of bean soup which was good, but the mains failed to meet our expectations. The mole sauce on the enchiladas tasted no better than the stuff you can buy in the grocery store and the usual beans and rice on the side were fine, but nothing memorable. Perhaps we chose the wrong dishes?

• Visited March 2012