“Nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 5 hotels in Porterville
Billings, Montana
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2010

nice place. The room was clean and so was the bathroom.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

16 people have reviewed this hotel

rio-nido,ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

My wife and I visit Porterville several times a year for family events from the Santa Rosa area.It used to be The Paul Bunyon hotel. The new owners have done a good job of upgrading things. The rooms are large and comfortable and clean. We sleep very well and the price is much better than other hotels in the area for the size of the room.We are going back this weekend and we shall return.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
monster24
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2010

I was very suspicious going to this motel because it looked really old. I mean really old. But suprisingly it was not that bad, I slept well and got to work on time with their wake up call. If i came back to that horrible city, i will probably stay there again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Bonanza, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2010

I booked a reservation for an employee that was attending a convention in Fresno, CA. This was the closest motel that had vacancies. Upon my arrival at the hotel, the hotel stated that they did NOT have any reservation. I had booked this online and he had a print out of the comfirmation, AND the first night was already charged to my credit card . Getting nowhere with the hotel, he found another hotel to stay at. When the hotel was called a second time to demand a refund, THEN they said they couldn't find the reservation before because my employee gave a different name! They refused to refund my money. Employee was relieved to stay somewhere else though; said this motel was a dump and there was crime scene tape all around one of the rooms.

Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Fresno, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2009

There are not a lot of choices for this area. Online it looked okay, not great but it had a 3 star rating so we figured it might be okay. Seemed kind of a high rating since it only listed the pool as an amenity. Had it been rated a one star I could see we were close to getting what it was worth. Expecting 3 star quality....Ewwww! We had two rooms, one for 2 Adults and children, and one for us, the grandparents. We were it town for a wedding.
Entering in from the side entrance it looked like the homeless/gangs had taken it over. Really graphic profanity etched into the window air conditioners on several units, graffiti on walls, old curtains blowing out of the single pane windows with no screens. We finally found the office (lobby) no name of the hotel, did have the address though. While it listed a pool, the pool water level was over 2 feet below the edge; you could see almost the whole ladder in the deep end. (safe? not!) we checked in at the office/ mini store? (fig newtons, cup of soup, candy bars) We were given 2 rooms two doors apart from each other. The first thing we did was look for evidence of any bugs b/c if it had them we were going to be gone. They were cleaned, I will give them that. The place is very 70's themed and hasn't received very much loving care since. If something needed paint it got it , maybe not the same color but it was painted, or at least that spot was. The carpet was scary colored, looked very dirty. I didn't walk on it barefoot (shiver, ugh). The towels were worse than....I don't know! I have never seen a towel with that poor of quality before. ( a combo of a shop rag and sand paper) We didn't have a remote so we called and they brought one, held together with tape and you had to be directly in front of the TV for it to work ,but we got one. The temperature was controlled by a light switch that was hooked up to a window air conditioner, when I turned it off in the morning the switch shocked me. (glad it was then and not in the night or we wouldn't have had it on.) they did have fire detectors in the rooms. Only about 10 rooms looked to be in use, the rest of the place looks deserted. The place is huge 2 two story sections and one long one story section, possibly more. Plenty of parking if you have a big rig!
We managed to stay there for one night. I told my husband, don't be surprised if you wake up and the light is still on as I didn't that safe. I would not recommend this place to anyone, although there really aren’t a whole lot of places to stay around there. My suggestion is drive a little farther and stay in a safer place. There did not appear to be any security around and the doors had a 1/4 to 1/2 inch gap around the jam. You could see daylight! We did not keep anything valuable in the room when we were away. the windows were thin paned and not very sturdy looking. (the bathroom window separated from the frame when we tried to open it. Wish I had brought my camera~

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Los Angeles,ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2008

stayed at this God aweful place because Motel 6 was booked. Was visiting family in Porterville. let me just tell you I will never..never forget that night that bed was like sleeping on a sheet of Plywood!!! I never returned ...Keep driving..if It wasn't for family I would of never even considered staying in Porterville!!!!Keep driving and visit Porterville in Daylight!!

• Liked — Checking out!!!
  • Disliked — The room
  • Stayed November 2004, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2006

We just needed a place to crash since we were drinking at the bar, that is within the motel. We paid $85 and didn't even stay! because of the NO REFUNDS waiver you have to sign before checking in. We took the lose and ate our money. and ended up at the Best Western. Where we slept like BABY'S!
The room was HORRIBLE! It smelled nasty, the sheets were DIRTY! looked as if it was never cleaned at all! There was ROCHES! It was just over all the nastiest motel i've ever came across! Don't let the prices fool you! Motel 6 is WAY better and just across the street, but i recommend Best Western off of the 190.

• Stayed February 2006

Been to Palm Tree Inn? Share your experiences!