“Worst place to stay at ! Beware!!” 1 of 5 stars

You added Palm Tree Inn to your Saves list
Palm Tree Inn
940 W Morton Avenue, Porterville, CA 93257   |
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Porterville
“Worst place to stay at ! Beware!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

Went to visit family and as we started bringing stuff off the car we seen dead roaches .. Then we started heading upstairs and seen rats .. We go into the room and the couch had stains .. Asked the guy that works there why are they there and he say,"oh you know what happens"... Ummm ewww! Most disgusting dirty place I've been at .. The ground turned my socks black .. Highly don't reccomend you stay here ..

• Stayed June 2012

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

Smelled horrible everything was durty holes on walls underwear thrown outside ugh eww yuck never in my lifr will I go back plus its haunted!

• Stayed May 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

This was one of the worst hotel experiences of my life. The company I was doing
work for pricelined this motel for me while I was doing work in Porterville. The motel is managed by an Indian family, and the son and mother were very nice and hospitable when we checked in. We stayed on the ground floor. The entire upstairs section was roped off with police tape. In a hotel with about 60+ rooms, I believe only 2 or 3 were checked out that night.

The room was disgusting: The carpet was sticky, there were roaches all over the bathroom, and the sheets were from the 70's. We stuck it out and stayed the night because it was already late and we had work early the next day.

The next day, we mentioned to our client where we were staying and they couldn't believe
the company would have booked our room there. She said the motel was a notorious spot for drug dealing and prostitution and that police are there all the time busting something up. We went back to check out of the hotel and stay somewhere else, but the manager wouldn't give us a refund, and when I mentioned the roach infestation, he accused me of lying and blamed me for not calling maintenance to have them exterminate the bugs. What!? We took the loss and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express.

This place really needs to be torn down. Please, do not stay here unless you are looking for this type of adventure.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Inglewood, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

Do not even think about staying in this piece of trash!
We went to Porterville for a family members wedding. The dump is ugly, pool has NO WATER, and I saw rats and cockroaches!!!
To make matters worse, my brother paid the receptionist with a $100 bill and was ripped off! The receptionist said that she never got the money and my brother had to pay again!
Please do not stay in this terrible hotel, you will regret it. Stay at the Motel 6 across the street.
If you don’t believe it, then I advise you check your bed before laying in it and be careful with that corrupt receptionist.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Ventura, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2010

I spend a considerable amount of time in hotels/motels due to job travel. The better places in Porterville, CA. were sold out due to some bicycle race so I had the very unfortunate experience of an overnight stay at the Palm Tree Inn. This was the most disgusting place I have ever stayed and I have stayed in some very poor places. Disgusting is being generous for this establishment. This motel is listed on various websites as a 3 star renovated location but nothing is further from the truth. It is a dump that should be bulldozed and rebuilt. I don't know who verifies the information on the websites but I have lost faith in Orbitz,Trip Advisor and any other site that carries this motels info. I had room 124 which was supposed to be their renovated deluxe king room. The carpet was filthy and actually had dried male sperm on the carpet...(UGGGHHHHH). There were beer bottles under the bed, The room reeked of urine, Did not have any toilet paper, Dried nasal chunks on the shower and the shower curtain... I could go on but why bother... I'm sure you get the point.. DO NOT stay at this motel... You absolutely will regret your decision... I would rather sleep in my car next time or even Motel 6 so you know this place is scraping the bottom of the barrel.... Oh... That beautiful pool you see in the pics!!... Don't believe it.. I has been dry for a very long time.. The pics on the website must be at least 20 years old... I wish I had been smart enough to take pics and post of this disgusting place....

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Billings, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2010

nice place. The room was clean and so was the bathroom.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
rio-nido,ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

My wife and I visit Porterville several times a year for family events from the Santa Rosa area.It used to be The Paul Bunyon hotel. The new owners have done a good job of upgrading things. The rooms are large and comfortable and clean. We sleep very well and the price is much better than other hotels in the area for the size of the room.We are going back this weekend and we shall return.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Palm Tree Inn? Share your experiences!