“thai without the spice??” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 83 restaurants in Porterville
Cuisines: Thai
Porterville, California
“thai without the spice??”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

this is a average little thai place in our little town
the food is good - could use more spiciness
when asked how hot I would like my dish I told the waitress from one to five I would like five it was mild
they do have a good tom yum here though

out here in the hinterlands they get by but if they were in LA or the SF bay area they wouldnt be around that long

Visited December 2012

87% Recommend
Springville, California
“A Favorite !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We eat here often. It is one of my favorite restrauants in Porterville.
Very tasty food, good portions, and excecllent friendly service. Don't understand the menu? The waitress graciously explains it all to you. Choose your own lever of spiceyness!

Visited August 2012
Porterville, California
“Thai food for locals and visitors.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I have eaten here three times this year. The last two times I had the Garlic Chicken & Brocolli with a side of brown rice. The chicken was firm (no fat) and tender: the brocolli was firm and perfectly steamed; the brown rice was very tasty.

I had to get a takeout box due to the generous portions served. For under ten dollars it was a bargain. Microwaved the next day it was delicious.

Some of my family members eat here often and highly recommend Thai Kitchen.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“This place is our favorite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012 via mobile

Me and my husband love this place. The food is great, the staff is wonderful and the cooks are fast and amazing! I know ppl font know wat thai food is.. But.its not so.different than chinese food. But better!! Price is great. Dont be afraid to ask the waitress wat they recommend. Or the serving size.She told me to try the Lamb.. And i was like ummm okay?? Never had t before. And omg!!! It was great!
We noticed that some trays like stir fry rice and such r made for more than one person. So ask for the serving size.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Diego
“Very good Thai food in Porterville, CA. Near Sequoia Nat'l Park.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2008

After only one visit, I must recommend this Thai restaurant.
It is in an smallish town (Porterville), along the way between L.A. and Sequoia National Park.

Fresh food, lots of choices on their broad menu.

Not a diner-ambiance. More of a standard California "family" highway restaurant morphing into Thai.

Hope they succeed -- based on our single experience in Sept '08 , they certainly deserve to.