“Dog friendly, but security deficient on Friday & Saturday nights” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Diamond Bar Inn & Suites

You added Diamond Bar Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Diamond Bar Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3200 Temple Ave, Pomona, CA 91768 (Formerly Shilo Hotel Pomona - Diamond Bar)   |
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Pomona
USA
“Dog friendly, but security deficient on Friday & Saturday nights”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I spent a week here while attending an event at the Fairplex; had plenty of opportunity to observe and evaluate. First, the front desk staff no matter the day or time of day, are professional, knowledgeable, and friendly. Second, the hotel is tired, but clean. Overall, I felt security was not adequate. The security seemed especially in adequate on Friday and Saturday nights when there was a spillover of the clientele from the club next door. Clientele from that club invaded the hotel parking lot, actually parking there when no parking was available at the club. I had a ground floor room and Friday and Saturday nights brought so much foot traffic in the hallway that I placed a chair in front of the door. The rest of the week this hotel was a pleasant enough place. Oh, having a laundry was convenient and the laundry room was also very clean.

Room Tip: Lots of people with dogs of all kinds. Appears to be a pet friendly hotel. Ground very clean, pet...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

This place is almost always under $80, so for the price I think it is average. Like most hotels I review, this one is pet friendly. I have stayed at this property three times over the last year and have had really good experiences to 'what is the staff thinking' experiences. Rooms are large so having two dogs with me it was spacious for everybody to have their personal space. Rooms have been clean, towels and bedding are nothing to brag about. All rooms have interior entrances and there are several entrances into the hotel so you dont have to walk the dogs past several doors or through the main lobby. The back parking lot should probably be avoided....beer bottles and a used condom in the back lot last time I was there (building next door is a night club). Last stay was in December 2012 and the refrigerator did not work and I had meds that needed to be kept cold, second room the same thing, third room was acceptable. The staff was very courteous in working this out for me and the maintenance guy even moved my stuff while I took the dogs. The new management did go up on pet fees which they did not change (as of the date of my stay) on the website. They went up to $50!!! Which is way too much for this place. They offer a free breakfast...over at the nightclub building!!....to put it bluntly, just avoid it!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the back parking lot.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Santa Barbara
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

According to a management review, Shilo Inn granted them a temporary Shilo franchise agreement with the understanding they must provide the same level of cleanliness & friendliness that Shilo Inns is so well known for. Unfortunately this does not appear to be happening.
Pros
-Chris at the front desk.
-Allowing early check in due to room being ready. Some properties do not allow this regardless of availability.

Cons
-Wifi is nonexistent.
-hot water took forever to appear
-hbo advertised, but was not part of the package
-pool and spa looked as if they dont get cleaned. leaves etc unwilling to utilize.
-breakfast was bagels/toast, and waffle batter with a waffle iron that had not been cleaned.

Price of $65 seemed like a good deal, but that was under the impression of having the amenities that have been listed in the cons section.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

I was here for 3 nights (Thurs to Sun). Room was large, partially updated furniture. Bathroom was small but has a tub. Room was tired but clean. Common area feels dated and walkways outside a bit dusty. But landscaping was well manicured.

On weekdays, hotel was fine but doors don't look entirely secure and there's no safe, so I would take your valuables with you. Maid also don't respect the "Privacy" sign.

The biggest issue is Sat night. Beer cans litter the parking lot from 9pm and the hotel restaurant (in building adjacent to hotel) becomes a local night club that attracts a lot of questionable and drunk people. The hotel parking lot fills up quickly. New management hired a security person to screen cars and since we've been here since Thurs, did not receive a parking pass from the hotel (sat guests got one). Security guard won't let us park even after we showed him our room key. Had to have him call the front desk! But the beer cans kept growing in the parking lot by 10pm when I went out to walk the dog. Our room is on the other side of the "club" but if your room is near, you may now sleep well.

• Stayed May 2013
Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Cold, dark, outdated. One face towel in the room for 2 people. Tried to get more...told they didn't have any more....what??? Almost every time we came back to the room the key wouldn't work. The voice mail light keep flashing even though no messages....this place is like "The Shinning" movie! This is a white elephant...not recommended as a place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Diamond Bar Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Carol M,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit to the Shilo Inn Pomona Diamond Bar property.

Shilo Inn is no longer the owner or manager of this hotel, however we have granted them a temporary Shilo franchise agreement with the understanding they must provide the same level of cleanliness & friendliness that Shilo Inns is so well known for.

We take your comments very seriously and have followed up with the new owner & managers as well as conducted a recent property inspection to personally convey our expectations.

Thank you again for your comments; we can assure you this is not the manner in which Shilo Inn conducts our business and certainly does not support our longstanding commitment to cleanliness, friendliness and Affordable Excellence.

Adam Cornett
Corporate Marketing Director
Shilo Inns management Corp.
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We checked in yesterday, just a little early and they did not have a problem with that. The girl who worked at the front was very nice and the person who I believe was the gm was pleasant. It was explained to us that this was a non-smoking property, but upon going to our room we could see smoking on their balconies. We were assigned room 138 which is on the ground floor with a view of the pool. When we entered the building it reeked of something musty. We went to the room and it smelled worse. It was dark and the word dank kept coming to mind. This room only had one towel set and one lamp. It really wasn't set up for two people. The ironing board and iron were not there either.The TV has a funny noisy as well. I went back to the front desk and asked for another room. The gentleman that assisted me didn't even ask why I wanted another room, so that tells me that they know they smell. We were given a room on the second floor 231. It has a balcony and the view is the freeway and brown foothills. The room had only a very slight musty odor. That smell could have been carried over from the room we were just in though. When you open the curtains even a little it is nice and bright. There are two lamps and towels enough for two. A small coffee maker with pod type coffee (not Keurig or Tassimo) enough for two cups of coffee and a couple tea bags.The carpet, the desk and the entertainment center seems new. We had an odd table in the room that had no purpose. There is no clock in the room and the TV makes the same weird noise. Must be a cable or dish issue. So as those of you who follow my reviews...know I have a thing about bathrooms. I have nothing to complain about it. It was clean!!! No mildew, no mold, no little hairs, no dirt behind the door. It is old, but has been freshened up and has the best water pressure. I thought it was going to knock me over this morning. :0) Surprise!! In case Shilo or the Manager reads the reviews I have a few suggestions...at least for our room. Please get a clock, fix the tv issues, the sink (which is in the entry area) needs a stopper of sort, wipe down the wallpaper occasionally and please do something about the cobwebs above the bed on the ceiling, add a second chair and clean the tiled area on the balcony. I rested my forarms there and they were disgustingly dirty and sticky.They do ask for a 100.00 security and think that is ridiculous for this place, but I understand why hotels do this. The hotel was rather quiet. We heard some people arguing in the hall, but that lasted only about 5 minutes. Could not hear noises from rooms next to us.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not on the first floor. Do not come here with high expectations.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Diamond Bar Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!