“Some surprises, but disappointed....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Diamond Bar Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Diamond Bar Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Diamond Bar Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3200 Temple Ave, Pomona, CA 91768 (Formerly Shilo Hotel Pomona - Diamond Bar)   |
Ranked #8 of 11 hotels in Pomona
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Some surprises, but disappointed....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We checked in yesterday, just a little early and they did not have a problem with that. The girl who worked at the front was very nice and the person who I believe was the gm was pleasant. It was explained to us that this was a non-smoking property, but upon going to our room we could see smoking on their balconies. We were assigned room 138 which is on the ground floor with a view of the pool. When we entered the building it reeked of something musty. We went to the room and it smelled worse. It was dark and the word dank kept coming to mind. This room only had one towel set and one lamp. It really wasn't set up for two people. The ironing board and iron were not there either.The TV has a funny noisy as well. I went back to the front desk and asked for another room. The gentleman that assisted me didn't even ask why I wanted another room, so that tells me that they know they smell. We were given a room on the second floor 231. It has a balcony and the view is the freeway and brown foothills. The room had only a very slight musty odor. That smell could have been carried over from the room we were just in though. When you open the curtains even a little it is nice and bright. There are two lamps and towels enough for two. A small coffee maker with pod type coffee (not Keurig or Tassimo) enough for two cups of coffee and a couple tea bags.The carpet, the desk and the entertainment center seems new. We had an odd table in the room that had no purpose. There is no clock in the room and the TV makes the same weird noise. Must be a cable or dish issue. So as those of you who follow my reviews...know I have a thing about bathrooms. I have nothing to complain about it. It was clean!!! No mildew, no mold, no little hairs, no dirt behind the door. It is old, but has been freshened up and has the best water pressure. I thought it was going to knock me over this morning. :0) Surprise!! In case Shilo or the Manager reads the reviews I have a few suggestions...at least for our room. Please get a clock, fix the tv issues, the sink (which is in the entry area) needs a stopper of sort, wipe down the wallpaper occasionally and please do something about the cobwebs above the bed on the ceiling, add a second chair and clean the tiled area on the balcony. I rested my forarms there and they were disgustingly dirty and sticky.They do ask for a 100.00 security and think that is ridiculous for this place, but I understand why hotels do this. The hotel was rather quiet. We heard some people arguing in the hall, but that lasted only about 5 minutes. Could not hear noises from rooms next to us.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not on the first floor. Do not come here with high expectations.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Santa Ana, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

From walking in the lobby door this had to of been the WORST place I have ever experianced. I did book through travelocity and their hidden hotel thing. Well most 2 stars ask for a 25 dollar deposit cash/card. well I start to check in and the guy at the front then tells me its a 100 dollar authorization or 100 dollar cash deposit, 100 dollars for a 2 star, smh So of course I don't have all of it and with just losing my credit card, I now have to wait and try to get ahold of a friend to bring the money, 3 long hours later (12am) I was able to fully check in. I get to my room, take a shower and suprise suprise there was NO WATER PRESSURE AT ALL! Go to law down after all I wasn't in the best of moods and just wanted to go to sleep and well, the bed was hard as a rock. Now here is where I was just done, I wake up time to check out, go down to get my deposit, and what does the girl at the front tell me.. THEY DO NOT HAVE IT! wait what do you mean you don;t have it, They then tell me oh we can mail it to you or you can come pick it up in about 3 hrs. This point I am beyond pissed, she tells me they checked out 7 people this morning all with 100 dollar cash deposits, okay so what then you should have 800 dollars there! After a good 45mins and her in the office talking to her manager she then says okay we have to get it from the hotel (same chain) across the street and it would be another 10 mins. 15mins later i get the money and leave. The sign on this hotel says "under new ownership and management" well all I can say is, they need to make some changes. I even saw a couple who left because they over heard how the hotel didn't have my cash deposit i left the late night before!

Room Tip: Don't stay here at all
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Shilo I, General Manager at Diamond Bar Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear xOjessicaXo,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Shilo Inn Hotel – Pomona Diamond Bar. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconveniences you may have encountered during your stay.

We are very sorry that you had this unpleasant experience and we want you to know that we have informed the new owner and manager immediately to hopefully prompt them to take corrective action right away.

Shilo Inns is no longer the owner or manager of this hotel; however, since we have granted them a temporary Shilo franchise agreement, we do insist that they provide the same high standards of quality and service that guests of all Shilo Inns have become accustomed to.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and we do hope that you will consider our many other Shilo Inns locations which are still owned and operated by Shilo Management Corp., offering great service and affordable excellence. Given another opportunity to serve you, I feel confident that your next visit to a Shilo Inn will be both pleasant and satisfying.

Adam Cornett
Corporate Marketing Director
Shilo Inns Management Corp.
San Dimas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I arrived at 2:20 with my two children to check in. The clerk, apparently the front desk manager told me that she had no rooms available while there were only two cars in the parking lot and no other customer in the lobby. She asked us to wait until 3 pm. We left after some waiting and came back at 3. The clerk showed up at the same time and stated checking us in. Apparently the manager was too lazy to do the 4 minute work of checking a customer in on a very hot summer day with temperature outside at over 109 degrees. The building is at least 40 years old with wooden floors that make cracking sound when you walk. The keys were barely working and you have to try several times before they work. There were trash and cig butts right outside each entrance door. The lobby at night is very very dark and spooky. I stayed two nights in there and did not see more than 15 cars in the lot at the latest hours. I could easily say the hotel was 90% empty at the busiest time. The breakfast was horrible! Water down coffee, toast, waffle, some brown bananas, shriven, small apples, and some half warm oatmeal. No egg of any kind or meat, or even yogurt. I cam across couple of other clerks that were much nicer than the blonde lady manager with an attitude. Please stay away from this old, dirty, spooky, and dark hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Calgary, AB Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

When we arrived at 12:00 am to the original hotel we booked (aloft in Ontario, CA) we were told they didn't have a room for us because the air conditioing wasn't working. We arrived by two taxis because there were 5 of us. Luckily the drivers didn't leave. It was a $50 cab ride each from the aloft to this hotel. Luckily the aloft paid for the 2 cabs.
The carpet in the rooms looked fairly new and everything was clean, but cheap. There wasn't a top sheet between the blanket and the bottom sheet - never seen that in a hotel before. I thought that was a mistake until our kids (21, 19, 16) told us the beds were like that in their room as well. We only got 2 cheap, thin platic cups and coffee packets for only one person. the towels were the smallest I have ever seen in a hotel and they felt like sandpaper. We had a fridge in our room that was very old and noisy; I had to wear ear plugs all night because I am a light sleeper. The door to the bathroom looked like it once had a large hole in it and there was a bad repair job done on it. In the kids room, the bathroom door didn't close because the top hinge was pulled out of the door frame.
Since we didn't have a car, we decided to have the free complimentary breakfast that was offered. It was the worst I have ever encountered. The coffee and orange juice were watered down. The bananas we overripe with fruit flies all around. The pancakes were cold. The only thing half edible was the waffles you cooked yourself. Other than that, there was nothing else to eat.

We would not recommended this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Stayed there on July 21 with intentions of just relaxing after going to Jazz Fest West. Got checked in okay. Went to the room and did not have towels. Also found out that the remote for the tv did not work. Called the front desk for assistance and, more than an hour later, staff brought us 2 bath mats and 2 non working remotes for the tv. Ended up going to the front desk and finally getting some towels. Then, went to get some ice from the ice machine (one of the amenities advertised was "ice available on all floors"). No ice maker on the 4th floor; went down to the 3rd floor and machine was not working; now down to the second floor and that machine wasn't working. Well, I figured that the one on the first floor had to work. Guess what? It was not working either.

Room Tip: Maybe the Shilo Inn Suites is better and , in reality, the room itself wasn't bad. Service was...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Shilo I, VP of Operations at Diamond Bar Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear m300michael,
We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences expressed in your review and we would like you to know that this hotel, prior to your stay, changed ownership and is now operated by a new Owner/Franchisee. Shilo Management Corporation will continue to hold the few independent franchisees that we do have, to the high Shilo standards of hospitality & service that each of our many Shilo company owned properties must adhere to. We will immediately share your comments with these new franchisees and ask them to take immediate corrective action to assure future Shilo Inns’ hospitality is given to each of our valued guests.

AZ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I have stayed at this location twice before with no problems but my last stay here was a mess that started shortly after checking in and never stopped. It will remain my "last " stay at this hotel.

Check in went smoothly but when we opened the door to our assigned room, we discovered it was already occupied! We got a new room but were worried someone would be given the key to OUR room.

Only 2 towels were provided. We used them for the pool. (Front desk said pool towels were being washed and they’d be out soon. After 2 hrs, still no towels). Next day, laundry room told us that pool towels don’t exist. Back in room, asked for clean towels so we could shower but after 30 minutes, I had to go find some on my own. I was given towels but informed they aren’t supposed to provide fresh towels daily. Shower curtain had just 5 hooks holding it up. Looked really ghetto.

Bed leg was breaking. Bed shifted every few hours and was slanted. Two long hairs visible on pillowcase. No sheet under comforter. We were told they’re instructed to use only two sheets (mattress sheet and one to cover comforter). Ewww. Housekeeping made our bed with a bottom sheet after requesting the bed be made that way.

No working ice machine anywhere on the property. I didn’t want to try free breakfast after seeing how they cut corners everywhere else. Dead batteries in remote.

The good: Balconies, refrigerator and microwave in room at no extra charge. Convenient location. Despite being sold out, noise was never an issue.

The hotel is in need of a total service makeover. Management needs to be reminded that they are in the HOSPITALITY business.

complete nightmare.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear AZJourney,

salem
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

Our stay was on 4/12/2012 - The desk clerk at check in was not helpful when asked for restaurants that deliver or other food options she just shrugged. Staff at check out were friendly and helpful. The hotel's info book lists a phone number for room service, there is none. The bathroom floor was sticky, there were small bits of garbage as well; on the bed there was a plastic strip like what's inside a woman's blouse for hanging, the balcony walls were covered with dried silly string and a cigarette butt on the floor. We prefer a sheet next to our skin when sleeping so flipped the bedding so that the sheet was under the blanket. Is this something new? Fitness room's ceiling was leaking,pale not under the drip resulting in a puddle on the floor.The rooms are detached from the lobby and fitness room. Very inconvenient. To get to our room we had to go outside of the lobby and around the pool. It poured down rain during our visit. We also had the surprising experience with the parking lot being blocked off due to the Luna nightclub operation. The parking lot was blocked by cars and their valet was not helpful.The complementary breakfast, we were given vouchers at the lobby to take next door to Luna where we were seated and asked what to drink, coffee or water, we were then told that they have scrambled eggs and do we want bacon or sausage. Juice would be extra. When asked what else they could offer we were told pancakes. We went to Claremont for breakfast even though we have not been to this area before. Highly recommend Full of Life cafe in Claremont Village.

Room Tip: Opt for the Shilo Inn HILLTOP. FRONT DESK STAFF WERE HELPFUL even though our reservation was at the...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear SalemShellic,

503-641-6565

Been to Diamond Bar Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!