“very old building and poor service- stay away” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Diamond Bar Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Diamond Bar Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Diamond Bar Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3200 Temple Ave, Pomona, CA 91768 (Formerly Shilo Hotel Pomona - Diamond Bar)   |
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Pomona
San Dimas
“very old building and poor service- stay away”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I arrived at 2:20 with my two children to check in. The clerk, apparently the front desk manager told me that she had no rooms available while there were only two cars in the parking lot and no other customer in the lobby. She asked us to wait until 3 pm. We left after some waiting and came back at 3. The clerk showed up at the same time and stated checking us in. Apparently the manager was too lazy to do the 4 minute work of checking a customer in on a very hot summer day with temperature outside at over 109 degrees. The building is at least 40 years old with wooden floors that make cracking sound when you walk. The keys were barely working and you have to try several times before they work. There were trash and cig butts right outside each entrance door. The lobby at night is very very dark and spooky. I stayed two nights in there and did not see more than 15 cars in the lot at the latest hours. I could easily say the hotel was 90% empty at the busiest time. The breakfast was horrible! Water down coffee, toast, waffle, some brown bananas, shriven, small apples, and some half warm oatmeal. No egg of any kind or meat, or even yogurt. I cam across couple of other clerks that were much nicer than the blonde lady manager with an attitude. Please stay away from this old, dirty, spooky, and dark hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Calgary, AB Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

When we arrived at 12:00 am to the original hotel we booked (aloft in Ontario, CA) we were told they didn't have a room for us because the air conditioing wasn't working. We arrived by two taxis because there were 5 of us. Luckily the drivers didn't leave. It was a $50 cab ride each from the aloft to this hotel. Luckily the aloft paid for the 2 cabs.
The carpet in the rooms looked fairly new and everything was clean, but cheap. There wasn't a top sheet between the blanket and the bottom sheet - never seen that in a hotel before. I thought that was a mistake until our kids (21, 19, 16) told us the beds were like that in their room as well. We only got 2 cheap, thin platic cups and coffee packets for only one person. the towels were the smallest I have ever seen in a hotel and they felt like sandpaper. We had a fridge in our room that was very old and noisy; I had to wear ear plugs all night because I am a light sleeper. The door to the bathroom looked like it once had a large hole in it and there was a bad repair job done on it. In the kids room, the bathroom door didn't close because the top hinge was pulled out of the door frame.
Since we didn't have a car, we decided to have the free complimentary breakfast that was offered. It was the worst I have ever encountered. The coffee and orange juice were watered down. The bananas we overripe with fruit flies all around. The pancakes were cold. The only thing half edible was the waffles you cooked yourself. Other than that, there was nothing else to eat.

We would not recommended this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Stayed there on July 21 with intentions of just relaxing after going to Jazz Fest West. Got checked in okay. Went to the room and did not have towels. Also found out that the remote for the tv did not work. Called the front desk for assistance and, more than an hour later, staff brought us 2 bath mats and 2 non working remotes for the tv. Ended up going to the front desk and finally getting some towels. Then, went to get some ice from the ice machine (one of the amenities advertised was "ice available on all floors"). No ice maker on the 4th floor; went down to the 3rd floor and machine was not working; now down to the second floor and that machine wasn't working. Well, I figured that the one on the first floor had to work. Guess what? It was not working either.

Room Tip: Maybe the Shilo Inn Suites is better and , in reality, the room itself wasn't bad. Service was...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Shilo I, VP of Operations at Diamond Bar Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear m300michael,
We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences expressed in your review and we would like you to know that this hotel, prior to your stay, changed ownership and is now operated by a new Owner/Franchisee. Shilo Management Corporation will continue to hold the few independent franchisees that we do have, to the high Shilo standards of hospitality & service that each of our many Shilo company owned properties must adhere to. We will immediately share your comments with these new franchisees and ask them to take immediate corrective action to assure future Shilo Inns’ hospitality is given to each of our valued guests.

Az
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I have stayed at this location twice before with no problems but my last stay here was a mess that started shortly after checking in and never stopped. It will remain my "last " stay at this hotel.

Check in went smoothly but when we opened the door to our assigned room, we discovered it was already occupied! We got a new room but were worried someone would be given the key to OUR room.

Only 2 towels were provided. We used them for the pool. (Front desk said pool towels were being washed and they’d be out soon. After 2 hrs, still no towels). Next day, laundry room told us that pool towels don’t exist. Back in room, asked for clean towels so we could shower but after 30 minutes, I had to go find some on my own. I was given towels but informed they aren’t supposed to provide fresh towels daily. Shower curtain had just 5 hooks holding it up. Looked really ghetto.

Bed leg was breaking. Bed shifted every few hours and was slanted. Two long hairs visible on pillowcase. No sheet under comforter. We were told they’re instructed to use only two sheets (mattress sheet and one to cover comforter). Ewww. Housekeeping made our bed with a bottom sheet after requesting the bed be made that way.

No working ice machine anywhere on the property. I didn’t want to try free breakfast after seeing how they cut corners everywhere else. Dead batteries in remote.

The good: Balconies, refrigerator and microwave in room at no extra charge. Convenient location. Despite being sold out, noise was never an issue.

The hotel is in need of a total service makeover. Management needs to be reminded that they are in the HOSPITALITY business.

complete nightmare.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear AZJourney,

salem
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

Our stay was on 4/12/2012 - The desk clerk at check in was not helpful when asked for restaurants that deliver or other food options she just shrugged. Staff at check out were friendly and helpful. The hotel's info book lists a phone number for room service, there is none. The bathroom floor was sticky, there were small bits of garbage as well; on the bed there was a plastic strip like what's inside a woman's blouse for hanging, the balcony walls were covered with dried silly string and a cigarette butt on the floor. We prefer a sheet next to our skin when sleeping so flipped the bedding so that the sheet was under the blanket. Is this something new? Fitness room's ceiling was leaking,pale not under the drip resulting in a puddle on the floor.The rooms are detached from the lobby and fitness room. Very inconvenient. To get to our room we had to go outside of the lobby and around the pool. It poured down rain during our visit. We also had the surprising experience with the parking lot being blocked off due to the Luna nightclub operation. The parking lot was blocked by cars and their valet was not helpful.The complementary breakfast, we were given vouchers at the lobby to take next door to Luna where we were seated and asked what to drink, coffee or water, we were then told that they have scrambled eggs and do we want bacon or sausage. Juice would be extra. When asked what else they could offer we were told pancakes. We went to Claremont for breakfast even though we have not been to this area before. Highly recommend Full of Life cafe in Claremont Village.

Room Tip: Opt for the Shilo Inn HILLTOP. FRONT DESK STAFF WERE HELPFUL even though our reservation was at the...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear SalemShellic,

Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

This past weekend I stayed at the Shilo Inn in Pomona with two friends. As we drove back to the Inn from Los Angeles on Friday night, I was surprised to see the West entrance to the parking lot was coned off and reserved for valet parking for the club next door. No real issue there, as we simply turned around and entered the parking lot via the East entrance. As I was driving to park close to my room, I was flagged down by a parking attendant named Jack. He motioned me to roll down the window so I obliged. He then began to rudely ask me what I was doing driving there. I told him I was a guest of the hotel and was parking my car. For some reason, Jack did not believe me, so he demanded that I show him a room key. I showed him my room key, and expected everything to be fine. Boy, was I wrong. Jack continued to rudely ask me what I was doing there, the entire time talking down to me and being extremely condescending. He asked for the name the room was booked under, and I gave him the name without hesitation. After about 2 minutes of this, and after my brother came over to see what the issue was, Jack finally contacted someone and let me park close to my room. Jack assured me he was just doing his job, but I do not think that rudely and condescendingly demanding information from guests at 12am is part of the job description.

As for the room, it was clean and comfortable. But my experience with Jack was completely uncalled for and downright unacceptable. I have never had someone just be so awful to me with no real reason to do that.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Dear TomM_LV,

California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

We Loved to stay here ! First of all, the price was reasonable and the service was great as well. Check in was quick and easy. Located in a great location and have a nice mountain view to enjoy.
The room was clean, comfortable as was the pool. Everything works well and nothing to complaint. Overall it's great stay even for your pet. The breakfast was good enough to fill you up. We'll definitely go back and highly recommend to anyone !

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to Diamond Bar Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!