“What happened to this place?” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Diamond Bar Inn & Suites

You added Diamond Bar Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Diamond Bar Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3200 Temple Ave, Pomona, CA 91768 (Formerly Shilo Hotel Pomona - Diamond Bar)   |
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Pomona
Az
“What happened to this place?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I have stayed at this location twice before with no problems but my last stay here was a mess that started shortly after checking in and never stopped. It will remain my "last " stay at this hotel.

Check in went smoothly but when we opened the door to our assigned room, we discovered it was already occupied! We got a new room but were worried someone would be given the key to OUR room.

Only 2 towels were provided. We used them for the pool. (Front desk said pool towels were being washed and they’d be out soon. After 2 hrs, still no towels). Next day, laundry room told us that pool towels don’t exist. Back in room, asked for clean towels so we could shower but after 30 minutes, I had to go find some on my own. I was given towels but informed they aren’t supposed to provide fresh towels daily. Shower curtain had just 5 hooks holding it up. Looked really ghetto.

Bed leg was breaking. Bed shifted every few hours and was slanted. Two long hairs visible on pillowcase. No sheet under comforter. We were told they’re instructed to use only two sheets (mattress sheet and one to cover comforter). Ewww. Housekeeping made our bed with a bottom sheet after requesting the bed be made that way.

No working ice machine anywhere on the property. I didn’t want to try free breakfast after seeing how they cut corners everywhere else. Dead batteries in remote.

The good: Balconies, refrigerator and microwave in room at no extra charge. Convenient location. Despite being sold out, noise was never an issue.

The hotel is in need of a total service makeover. Management needs to be reminded that they are in the HOSPITALITY business.

complete nightmare.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Shilo I, VP of Operations at Diamond Bar Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear AZJourney,
We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences expressed in your review and we would like you to know that this hotel, prior to your stay, changed ownership and is now operated by a new Owner/Franchisee. Shilo Management Corporation will continue to hold the few independent franchisees that we do have, to the high Shilo standards of hospitality & service that each of our many Shilo company owned properties must adhere to. We will immediately share your comments with these new franchisees and ask them to take immediate corrective action to assure future Shilo Inns’ hospitality is given to each of our valued guests.

503-641-6565

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
salem
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

Our stay was on 4/12/2012 - The desk clerk at check in was not helpful when asked for restaurants that deliver or other food options she just shrugged. Staff at check out were friendly and helpful. The hotel's info book lists a phone number for room service, there is none. The bathroom floor was sticky, there were small bits of garbage as well; on the bed there was a plastic strip like what's inside a woman's blouse for hanging, the balcony walls were covered with dried silly string and a cigarette butt on the floor. We prefer a sheet next to our skin when sleeping so flipped the bedding so that the sheet was under the blanket. Is this something new? Fitness room's ceiling was leaking,pale not under the drip resulting in a puddle on the floor.The rooms are detached from the lobby and fitness room. Very inconvenient. To get to our room we had to go outside of the lobby and around the pool. It poured down rain during our visit. We also had the surprising experience with the parking lot being blocked off due to the Luna nightclub operation. The parking lot was blocked by cars and their valet was not helpful.The complementary breakfast, we were given vouchers at the lobby to take next door to Luna where we were seated and asked what to drink, coffee or water, we were then told that they have scrambled eggs and do we want bacon or sausage. Juice would be extra. When asked what else they could offer we were told pancakes. We went to Claremont for breakfast even though we have not been to this area before. Highly recommend Full of Life cafe in Claremont Village.

Room Tip: Opt for the Shilo Inn HILLTOP. FRONT DESK STAFF WERE HELPFUL even though our reservation was at the...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear SalemShellic,

Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

This past weekend I stayed at the Shilo Inn in Pomona with two friends. As we drove back to the Inn from Los Angeles on Friday night, I was surprised to see the West entrance to the parking lot was coned off and reserved for valet parking for the club next door. No real issue there, as we simply turned around and entered the parking lot via the East entrance. As I was driving to park close to my room, I was flagged down by a parking attendant named Jack. He motioned me to roll down the window so I obliged. He then began to rudely ask me what I was doing driving there. I told him I was a guest of the hotel and was parking my car. For some reason, Jack did not believe me, so he demanded that I show him a room key. I showed him my room key, and expected everything to be fine. Boy, was I wrong. Jack continued to rudely ask me what I was doing there, the entire time talking down to me and being extremely condescending. He asked for the name the room was booked under, and I gave him the name without hesitation. After about 2 minutes of this, and after my brother came over to see what the issue was, Jack finally contacted someone and let me park close to my room. Jack assured me he was just doing his job, but I do not think that rudely and condescendingly demanding information from guests at 12am is part of the job description.

As for the room, it was clean and comfortable. But my experience with Jack was completely uncalled for and downright unacceptable. I have never had someone just be so awful to me with no real reason to do that.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Dear TomM_LV,

California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

We Loved to stay here ! First of all, the price was reasonable and the service was great as well. Check in was quick and easy. Located in a great location and have a nice mountain view to enjoy.
The room was clean, comfortable as was the pool. Everything works well and nothing to complaint. Overall it's great stay even for your pet. The breakfast was good enough to fill you up. We'll definitely go back and highly recommend to anyone !

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Beaumont, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

I had recently stay at this property while out visiting family. I can honestly say this was definitely an enjoyable trip, especially with my hotel stay. When going out of town the biggest fear is not being comfortable in the hotel you booked. This property was great in meeting my expectations. The front desk and staff were very curtious, the room was spacious and clean, and the local access to dinning and the freeway was great. I actually had the pleasure of speaking with the G.M. "J.J." who was also very curtious as well as professional and he asked my how my stay had been. I let him know that his staff was very helpful and that I do plan on returning again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Ramona, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

We were in Pomona for our son's baseball tournament and stayed at this hotel Friday & Saturday night. Check-in was fine, the room was fine and we thought we were set. But this hotel is right next door to a night club/restaurant. Our room was the last room of the floor and we could literally hear the music thumping until it shut down around 2am. Then when everyone left the club we could hear the crowd as if it were right underneath our balcony. This happened both nights. On Saturday morning there were beer bottles, drink cups with limes, and a women's black boot spread around the parking lot. When I checked out I mentioned it to the clerk and he said "oh, you got it both nights", not an apology much less any compensation. Also, this restaurant/club hosts the complimentary breakfast, which was feeble even for a freebie. We ate elsewhere. The bed was too soft for me and the hotel skimped on towels. For the price, it would have been ok. But with all the noise at night, it wasn't worth it. A weekday stay might be just fine.

Room Tip: Reserve/request a room away from the club/restaurant called Luna.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
shiloinns, Manager at Diamond Bar Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Dear Jazb4,
Thank you for taking the time to post a comment regarding the Shilo Inn Hotel. I am sorry to hear your stay with us was not the experience we strive to bring to our guests. We do care about every guest that stays with Shilo Inns and any input on our Hotels is much appreciated. I would like to hear more from you regarding your stay with us. Please feel free to contact me at the Hotel at your earliest convenience. Once again we apologize for any inconveniences you might have had during your stay.

J.J. Maiers
Vista, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

I have stayed at this property in the past but recently I had to change, at the last minute, my plans to stay here again in November 2011. While the property is a pleasant one this review is more for the purposes of rating the management at this property. My recent reservation cancellation could have turned into a bad experience for which I would never have returned or recommended a Shilo property again. But......THANK YOU to General Manger "JJ" at this property who supported me and handled my situation first class. I highly recommend this property not only for its rooms and amenities but most of all for the support shown to their guests. Again, thank you JJ!! I will return!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Diamond Bar Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!