“Beware” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Diamond Bar Inn & Suites

You added Diamond Bar Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Diamond Bar Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3200 Temple Ave, Pomona, CA 91768 (Formerly Shilo Hotel Pomona - Diamond Bar)   |
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Pomona
Ramona, California
“Beware”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

We were in Pomona for our son's baseball tournament and stayed at this hotel Friday & Saturday night. Check-in was fine, the room was fine and we thought we were set. But this hotel is right next door to a night club/restaurant. Our room was the last room of the floor and we could literally hear the music thumping until it shut down around 2am. Then when everyone left the club we could hear the crowd as if it were right underneath our balcony. This happened both nights. On Saturday morning there were beer bottles, drink cups with limes, and a women's black boot spread around the parking lot. When I checked out I mentioned it to the clerk and he said "oh, you got it both nights", not an apology much less any compensation. Also, this restaurant/club hosts the complimentary breakfast, which was feeble even for a freebie. We ate elsewhere. The bed was too soft for me and the hotel skimped on towels. For the price, it would have been ok. But with all the noise at night, it wasn't worth it. A weekday stay might be just fine.

Room Tip: Reserve/request a room away from the club/restaurant called Luna.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
shiloinns, Manager at Diamond Bar Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Dear Jazb4,
Thank you for taking the time to post a comment regarding the Shilo Inn Hotel. I am sorry to hear your stay with us was not the experience we strive to bring to our guests. We do care about every guest that stays with Shilo Inns and any input on our Hotels is much appreciated. I would like to hear more from you regarding your stay with us. Please feel free to contact me at the Hotel at your earliest convenience. Once again we apologize for any inconveniences you might have had during your stay.

J.J. Maiers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Vista, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

I have stayed at this property in the past but recently I had to change, at the last minute, my plans to stay here again in November 2011. While the property is a pleasant one this review is more for the purposes of rating the management at this property. My recent reservation cancellation could have turned into a bad experience for which I would never have returned or recommended a Shilo property again. But......THANK YOU to General Manger "JJ" at this property who supported me and handled my situation first class. I highly recommend this property not only for its rooms and amenities but most of all for the support shown to their guests. Again, thank you JJ!! I will return!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Carpintera, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

There are two Shilo Hotels a block apart. The Hilltop and this one which we found to be clean and spacious though a bit far from downtown Pomona which was our ultimate destination for the evening. The bathroom door had been obviously kicked, leaving a pancake-sized hole on one side and the other side black-taped. The staff were gracious and efficient. The environment was quiet except for someone after 1 a..m. trying our door. My husband had to stand on our side and yell at the man that he was at the wrong room. The man grumbled our room number and left. However, this could happen at any hotel. At night you must use your room key to gain access to the hotel from the rear entrances.

The hotel rate included a "full" breakfast, BUT you had to drive to the Hilltop restaurant to use the "Complimentary" coupon between the hours of 6 am to 9 am. There was plenty of food, but nothing to write home about. All buffet style but no coffee on the counters. While we were there the servers were mostly MIA. So we couldn't order coffee until we had almost finished eating.

Still, for the price it worked for us.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
So. Calidornia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

Traveling with dogs can be a challange in that you often have to take whatever facility is available. I come to Pomona every year for a dog show and decided to stay at Shiloh this year. My checkin in was fast and pleasant and my room a very pleasant surprise.
Large, clean, and nicely decorated, much more than I expected and at a very reasonable price. This will be my hotel of choice from here on out even if I didn't have a dog with me.
If you are traveling with dogs, it is one of the best I have stayed in.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Santa Ana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

Surprisingly good hotel. Everything was clean, which for me, is my biggest concern when going to a new hotel. The gf and I had a mini getaway, and we chose this place because it's near my dad's place in Pomona. I'd definitely go back—They have a sister property across the street, and if its as clean and friendly as this one, I may try it next. All around, good hotel.

• Stayed May 2010
Arcadia, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

I have stayed at this location twice now and feel it is a GREAT value. Rooms include microwave, small refrigerator, flat screen TV and a large, marble tiled bath. Easy parking, easy access to the rooms via 3 elevators. Nice pool and spa area. Friendly front desk personnel - and a nice buffet breakfast at the Shilo Inn Suites across the street is included. Easy freeway access - and even so, rooms are very quiet. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2010

I am a frequent business traveller, who is used to higher end hotels (Marriott / Hilton properties) but decided to save some $$ for this 5 night stay. The Shilo was well worth it. Perfect location if attending the NHRA races, staff gave me a mountainview room upon request, the rooms were recently upgraded and very nice, the pool, hottub and exercise facilities very functional. At the same time, you can tell the place is older (exterior, hallways, doors, etc), however the amenities that matter (beds, etc) are very new. Downsides are noticeable but insignificant for the price: Loud exterior doors, sometimes coffee was not replaced, TV had connection problems - they fixed them, lightbulbs were not mounted correctly, etc. As a picky business traveller that is used to Garden Inns and Courtyards, I was very impressed at what the Shilo staff has done with this hotel for the price. Will definitely stay here every November and Feburary during the races.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Been to Diamond Bar Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!