“Good Value” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Hilltop Suites Hotel to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
Hilltop Suites Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3101 Temple Ave, Pomona, CA 91768 (Formerly Shilo Inn Suites Hotel Pomona Hilltop)   |
Ranked #9 of 11 hotels in Pomona
Pomona, California
“Good Value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I may say that it has a good value. It has the basic amenities. Staff was not friendly seems they dont want to be there and not accomodate people. Had breakfast everything was close. The beds were comfortable and decent. AC has problems. Phone line needs to get repaired. Its a good hotel to stay for short term.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

86 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Garden Grove
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

It was a very nice room and had all the necessities needed. I was very happy with the service and a very enjoyable over night stay. Had a great breakfast and every thing was close by. Close by the area where I was having my business meeting.

Room Tip: room was fine.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
St. George, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed 2 nights. The rooms were more than expected, however, the service provided by the staff was less than enthusiastic. The beds were new and comfortable. Our air did not work the first night and was fixed the next day. When we checked in we were not given the continental breakfast card nor were we told that it was next door at a club type place and that they stopped serving at 9:30. We went down to eat at about 9:30 and that is when we learned of the way their system works. The front counter person was busy doing busy work and could care less about our problem. Made us feel like it was our problem we did not know the time the breakfast closed and that we did not have our cards. I travel a lot and most places have the breakfast in the front lobby. When we checked in the front desk person was friendly enough but had some friends at the front desk he was visiting with and did not provide us with that information. I saw an area to the right that looked like a breakfast area so did not think that it was different. The second day we had the breafast and it was terrible, period. Dirty, food was bad fruit was rotten. Terrible, no attention to cleanliness or anything else.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
San Diego, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I stayed here a year ago and it was OK for the price. The last two times were not. I gave it a second chance and I REALLY regret it. The first room we were given the air did not work and the room smelled and was really run down. When I tried to call to complain, the phone was dead. We had to walk down to the office to complain. They moved us to another room that had no towels, no Internet (the Internet was also down on my last visit), had three bags of trash that I had to take out myself, had torn shower curtain, and hair everywhere. Some one would turn off the air so that when we came back to the room it would be 85+ degrees and then it would take almost an hour for it to cool down again. The bed was hard and there was one thin, cheap blanket on it. I asked for a discount for the Internet and they said the manager would get back to me, he never did (didn't the last visit either). They promised breakfast but there was none. There was a used coffee filter in the coffee machine. I don't think our room was cleaned before we got there. And to top it all off they illegally charged me a $50 pet fee for a service dog. When I called to complain they gave me the run around again. "The manager isn't in call back later." This is the wrong number call this one." I WILL NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL AGAIN!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

The excellents make me laugh. Don't trust the pictures on the web site. This place is old and very dated. Nothing worked. The room had large stains on the floor. The tv made a weird noise. The air conditioner was loud. The shower made a loud noise when you turn it on. I really did not want to lay in the bed. Also, they charge you a deposit of $100.00. It took a long time to check in. We had one person in front of us. The check in area had no air conditioning. I sat on the couch and it was wet. It was a bad experience. I could go on and on. Don't stay there. Pay a little more and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2012
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I stay at the Shilo a few times per year on Business. Front Desk folks are very pleasant and helpful. I’m not very fond of their check-in policy though. Check-in is at 4:00pm which is pretty late in my opinion. If the room is ready, you might get in early. I checked in at 3:00 on this trip, and luckily my room was ready, but housekeeping was still working on other rooms. They have heavy, domed brick in front that looks nice, but getting luggage from the car to the door is a real challenge.

Rooms are fairly large, and although it’s an older Hotel, the rooms are kept up nicely. Microwave & Fridge, with counter space and sink. 7 or 8 pillows on the bed. All but 2 are decorative. Just another pile of stuff to throw in the corner before going to sleep.
Beds are firm, supportive, clean, and comfortable. I get a good nights sleep every night, and the location on the hilltop keeps the rooms free of traffic noise. All rooms are quiet.

The rooms are nice & clean, but the little convenience things which you would expect in a “Suite” Hotel are not there.

Tube type TV with decent picture quality, and about 40 channels. No channel Guide, and most channels are miss-marked on the screen, so you have to channel surf and note your favorites. Small work desk with one available electrical outlet. All lamps are fastened solid to the desk and tables, so moving them over a little to make room is out of the question. (I just want to move them over a few inches, I’m not going to steal them.) Pretty cramped for working. The Free Internet was touch & go. Sometimes you connect & sometimes you don’t.

The bathroom is roomy. Having a phone in the bathroom is a bit outdated. Years ago, it was “cool” and “classy” but everyone carries cell phones now, so it’s no longer a “neat” thing. Water pressure is OK, and plenty of hot water in the shower.

The Breakfast was the most disappointing. I was like a child on Christmas morning racing to the Restaurant to get those Eggs, Smoked Bacon, Red skin potatoes, and some other nice things I remember having on my last stays. When I got there, there was a tray of Bagels, a tray of bread, some small pastries, and a bucket of hard boiled eggs. I’ve seen better selections at Motel 6. I waited about 10 minutes, and there was no one around, so I grabbed a couple of eggs, poured a cup of coffee, and headed back to my room. The next morning, I headed for Dennys, down the street.

Wendy’s and 7-11 in front of the Hotel, and other fast food within a half mile radius, and of course, Dennys.

The Shilo is an OK place to stay, and close to local industry, but it falls short of perfect.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Long Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

the stay was horrible. get their and their is no air condition due to one of the generators is broke. so im just sweating perfusely. the room looked like a cheap motel not like the pictures, ice maker wasnt working on or floor, and their was no sign at the pool so we were told that we had to get out. it was not up to my standards after paying $152. for the night and a $100 deposit that i didnt know about.

Room Tip: rooms have very poor A/C.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Shilo I, General Manager at Hilltop Suites Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear brenda c,
We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences expressed in your review and we would like you to know that this hotel, prior to your stay, changed ownership and is now operated by a new Owner/Franchisee. Shilo Management Corporation will continue to hold the few independent franchisees that we do have, to the high Shilo standards of hospitality & service that each of our many Shilo company owned properties must adhere to. We will immediately share your comments with these new franchisees and ask them to take immediate corrective action to assure future Shilo Inns’ hospitality is given to each of our valued guests.
We hope that you will give Shilo Inns another opportunity, to be of service.

Leon Standbridge
VP, Shilo Management Corporation
503-641-6565

Been to Hilltop Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!