“Ewwww is Right!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of American Inn & Suites

You added American Inn & Suites to your Saves list
American Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   310 East Foothill Boulevard, (between Garey and Towne), Pomona, CA 91767 (Formerly Rodeway Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Pomona
Reno, Nevada
“Ewwww is Right!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

On the outside this place didn't seem that bad because the neighborhood looks okay. As soon as I walked on the property I saw what people here meant. The place has long timers and they look like crack addicts with their crack addicted babies. I have been here one hour and while sitting in my room I already heard screaming and the F word dropped a lot. Low income housing special apparently. I am staying here one night due to a friend's wedding and this motel is 5 minutes away from where she is having it. Hopefully someone doesn't come into my room to take my stuff either and that my car later on doesn't get broken into!

I wouldn't go into the swimming pool out of fear of disease.

The only nice things that I can say is that there are plenty places to eat nearby, it was less than $50 for the night, and the room itself is okay (if you like hunter green carpeting). I am getting the hell out of here as early as I can tomorrow morning! Honestly, if there were other hotels within 10 minutes of my friend I would have stayed there even if it was paying much more. I am a 26 year old solo female and this place is sketchyyyyyyyyyy. I feel like I could be in a Jay Z video.

Oh and the Wifi is slow and I am right next to their office....

Room Tip: I went to AAA and it was the cheapest there.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Glassboro, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2010

I stayed for seven days. I dnt think the rooms were too bad. BUT The customer services suck big time and someone broke into my room and stole m laptop!!! They gave another guest access to my room and he walked in while I was sitting there, then 2 days later my laptop was stolen, They acted nonchanlant and even the police didnt care about the incident. Police said they've been there for the same thing numerous times. I'm from out of state and it was ok at first then became horrible and scary

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Riverside CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2008

As a student, I have stayed here 20 times in the last year to save money. The rooms were always clean, but sometimes towels were missing or soap was missing. The staff were unfailingly courteous and helpful. The wireless Internet is fast and free. It appears that some people live at this motel. People sometimes hang around their open doors, and it can be noisy. There are often old cars parked there. On the other hand, there are a lot of typical tourists there as well. Parking is not convenient to the door because many spaces are reserved for handicapped parking near the office. The lot is well lighted. Overall, it was an acceptable place to stay if your main goal is cutting expenses.

• Liked — inexpensive and clean with wireless internet
  • Disliked — some scruffy looking folks who may live there permanently
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Diego, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2008

Ok I got a great deal because I got the military discount, but even for $54, I don't think I'll be staying here again.

The check in process was quick, not friendly, but quick. The motel parking lot was packed. It looked like there were many weekly rate residents staying here. Not a big deal.

The room it's self was set up like a studio apartment, with a full kitchen. The carpeting was scary dirty, a big stain in the shape of a butt in front of the TV. The top of the refrigerator and all the built in shelves were very dusty. Te bed was comfortable enough for me. Being a guy I knew I could get by for the two nights I planned to stay.

• Liked — Price, location, good cancelation policy
  • Disliked — Cleanliness!!!!!!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Monterey, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2007

On the outside, the motel does not look that bad. There is adequate parking and the property seemed clean. There was a lovely looking pool that was closed the whole time we were there though. I shared a suite with my sister and brother-in-law. The arrangement with a kitchen and a king size bed in one room and a queen in the other room was great, BUT almost everything was very dirty.

The towels were small, rough, and although clean had icky stains on them. The floors were filthy! Stains, dirt, cheerios, you name it. And don't even get me started on the bathroom floor!!!! Gross! I never took my shoes off except to take a shower and get in bed. The windows were grimy and mildewy around the edges. The stove had dried food all over it, the kitchen garbage can was coated with what looked like dried chili, and there were mysterious globs of gunk on the mirror. It makes me shudder to remember! I spent the first hour wiping down surfaces and cleaning.

I must admit though the beds did have clean sheets. Thank God! No...the answer is no, no, NO!!! I would never ever stay there again!

• Liked — Checking out!
  • Disliked — The filth
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2007

This property seemed okay at first, looked liked remodeling upgrades had been made. The office was closed, so getting a room was through the night window, almost on the front sidewalk. The management seemed to have been sleeping and the wait was about 20 minutes for a room. The property is lighted at night but parking is not close to the room doors.
Walking through this area is risky at night. Laundry was not working well, so had to go elsewhere for services. Close to freeways, restaurants, and grocery stores. Overall not the top notch place to stay.

• Liked — the room was clean, had internet access, had refrigerator & stove
  • Disliked — office closed at night, parking away from room and walking through parking area,r rude office clerk
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2007

We have stayed at the Rodeway Inn in Pomona, CA twice for a number of days. Once was is February 2007, and subsequently, for 10 days in May 2007. We highly recommend it as an excellent value in a basic and very clean place to stay! The extended family which runs the hotel is helpful and kind. The bed is the best I've ever slept on! And there is a swimming pool to slosh in during the hot Southern California weather. Please be aware if you reserve a suite that you need to bring your own cookware and eating utensils. Also bring a hairdryer. The breakfast is merely adequate, but there are grocery stores and excellent eateries (our favorite is Route 66 Cafe) within walking distance.

Stayed May 2007

Been to American Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!