I've stayed at this hotel a number of times for business this year, so I know it quite well. Overall this is a very nice hotel. The big plusses are:
- All suites
- Very comfortable beds and bedding with a choice of pillow firmness
- The front desk staff is always courteous and helpful
- The breakfast buffet is pretty good
- Oodles of free parking
- Attractive lobby and common areas
- The wireless internet has been uniformly decent in many different rooms I've stayed in the hotel, unlike a lot of other hotels
Some of the warts keep this from being 5 stars:
- The carpet looks nice but is kind of wrinkled in the common halls on various floors. It looks a bit ratty.
- The user experience is a bit inconsistent in the rooms. They typically have complimentary water near the coffemaker but the same exact bottle on the desk is $2.50 and the only difference in the tags between these situations is a very small low-contrast print. So I wonder if they're playing the nickel and dime game so typical of "nicer" hotels - where they try to look like you are so valued and they throw a few extras your way while charging you for miscellaneous stuff
- Speaking of nickle and diming - the internet is not free although if you have the appropriate status you can get it free
- A high fraction of the small fridges seem to have busted controls and you can't control the temp/turn them down. You turn the knob but they never turn off. So often a piece of fruit or salad that you might buy to put in the fridge is frozen the next day and ruined. I've taken to keeping the door ajar in these fridges to ensure my food doesn't freeze over, which of course uses more energy than it should.
- I've found dusty drinking glasses at the sinks as if nobody has touched them for months
Overall it's a nice hotel and there are large trees and parkland around the hotel, which is adjacent to the LA City Fairgrounds. I'd recommend it as a mid-range hotel and it is certainly one of the best in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near the 10, 210, and 57 freeways, the Sheraton Fairplex Hotel & Conference Center is close to the Ontario Airport, and offers easy access to all of the Southern California excitement. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Starwood, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton Suites Fairplex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Suites Fairplex Hotel Pomona
- Sheraton Hotel Pomona
- Sheraton Pomona
- Pomona Sheraton