“Average , Average +” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Pomona
Lake Forest, Illinois
“Average , Average +”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

No complaints as far as the room goes. Bed was comfortable and bathroom clean with plenty of supplies. Price was reasonable. We had plenty of space and fairly clean. Food was Ok with a good selection. Neighborhood not great but wasn't there for to long.

Room Tip: We had a downstairs room. Easy in and out.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
San Diego, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We stayed at this property after going to the LA county Fair, thinking it was a couple of miles away, per Google maps. It was a 15 minute drive on surface streets in an area that seemed dicey at night. During the day, we saw that it was in an older, business section of Pomona. Not horrible, but not great.

We had a late check in and found limited parking at the hotel, but found something in the structure at the last minute. The room was nice, typical for a Comfort Inn, and quiet. The next morning, we went to the free breakfast and found nowhere to sit int he breakfast area, which is really small and limited. the breakfast items seemed like non-perishables that could be kept for a long time. There was fresh fruit but only a few apples and over ripe bananas. Nothing was a brand we recognized- mostly hotel/institutional items.

Staff was pleasant and there were no problems, however, we probably will jot stay there for future trips to the area because it wasn't as close to the Fairplex as we thought.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Grant, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed here two nights in this hotel while visiting our son in the area. The first night was awful. The room was dirty and worn. The carpet was stiff. Breakfast the next morning was OK. You don't want to be at all late though. They chained off the area just before the 9 am hour when they were done and started taking the food away even though several people were still eating. I suppose I understand the employees are on a time schedule but it seemed rather rude to me. Our second night was much better we changed rooms to one that seemed much more clean. The hotel sign was in front of our window so there was no looking out but the room was a vast improvement over the previous night. Breakfast was good as we got there long before they were closing up. It wouldn't be my first choice of hotel in the area but I have stayed in worse.

Room Tip: Make sure you see the room. Some are nice some are not so nice.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jenny J, Manager at Comfort Inn Pomona, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear RB,

Thank you so much for the review! We strive to improve so thank you so much for the opportunity! We now have a policy where the area is not allowed to be chained off especially when there are still guests eating in the breakfast room. Each room is a little different from each other due to improvement timeline include size of the rooms as well. We are currently under a new Product Development Plan which means you will be expecting new carpet, paint, furniture finishes, amenities and more by the end of this year for all rooms! I hope you can give us another chance to show you our improvements.

I hope you had a great time in California!
Best Regards from the team at Comfort Inn Pomona!

Sincerely!

Jenny L. Jin
Fremont, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Definitely would prefer staying again here. I was on a trip from Bay area to LA and wanted to stay close by to Chino hills area.

Pros
- Good rooms
- Underground parking
- Good breakfast
- Good beds and restroom
- Ambience
Cons
- No Oven
- Ice machine on 2nd floor
- AC took time

Room Tip: Ice machine available on 2nd floor and not on ground floor
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Jenny J, Manager at Comfort Inn Pomona, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Sekharbvp,

Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate you!

Me and all our staff are so glad you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and it was our pleasure to serve you! Happy guest is all we ask for and the reason we are here! We will definitely work on the items you mentioned. We strive to improve so thank you for the opportunity!

Hope the trip from Bay Area was fun and you liked LA! Chino Hills has a lot of good restaurants let me if you want me to send you recommendations for your future visit!

Thank you again for your compliment!!
Best Regards from the team at Comfort Inn Pomona! Have a wonderful week ahead!

Jenny L. Jin
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed here the other night and I had the best night sleep I have had in a LONG TIME. The beds are so comfortable and the walls are perfectly insulated to where you can't hear your neighbors. According to other reviews it was suggested asking for a room facing the back parking lot to avoid street noise. We did just that and we received the last room on the first floor (#111) right next to the door to the parking garage. Other than hearing the door to the garage shutting a few times during the day, our room was amazingly quiet! Our friends had a room close to the lobby and on the street side but they didn't seem to have any complaints. I was in there for a while and heard a couple trucks pass but other than that it seemed fine.

One thing I want to point out is the woman at the front desk who checked us in was incredibly sweet and went above and beyond to help my friends and I get our rooms and get situated. She was so nice and helpful it made our stay so much better.

I would have given this hotel 5 stars except our friends' room wasn't available until 5pm (we got there at 3pm) and we found out it was because of a lack of blankets. My friends literally had to wait for the blankets in that room to be washed and dried before they could get their room! That is CRAZY. The owner really needs to consider investing in a few more blankets because that is just ridiculous. That said, the wonderful housekeeping staff was always seen working diligently at cleaning every room. They were so pleasant every time we would see them in the hall. They are truly the most pleasant staff here!! We made sure to tip them well. (They deserve it!)

The food area was very decent and had everything we needed to grab a bite to eat and start our day. Bonus points to the staff for keeping it clean and stocked with fresh food!

There is a CVS right next door (and not "too close" if that makes any sense) for anything you might want to pick up that you forgot to pack. It has a Chase ATM inside too. So nice!

For awesome Mexican food close by, we grabbed a bite at Mexico Lindo (1060 S Garey Ave) just down the street and every one of us thought it was delicious! (My favs were the crispy tacos and their salsa - SO GOOD!!)

This was my first trip to Pomona and I will definitely be coming back! The town is super cute around 2nd street with lots of antique stores, records stores and amazing food. We will for sure be staying at the Comfort Inn when we come back!!

Room Tip: Choose a room along the back of the hotel where the window faces the parking lot, to avoid street no...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Hanover
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I was surprised by this hidden gem! Friendly staff! They let me check in early when I called and asked. I was very happy about this. Room was so clean and fresh! Safe location and easy parking. Clean and welcoming lobby. Elevators right there to 3rd floor. Would def stay again!

• Stayed July 2014
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

I read many negative reviews about this hotel but I still decided to try one night because of the attractive price. Now I am very happy with my decision. The hotel is old but well maintained. Room is very clean, breakfast is very good. The clerk is super nice. When I came into the breakfast area, I found there was no sausage. I ask the breakfast clerk where is sausage and then noticed that I got up late and almost missed the breakfast schedule. To my surprise, the clerk went back to kitchen and cooked some sausage for me only. I really appreciate such good service.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn Pomona? Share your experiences!