“Great Hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 11 hotels in Pomona
San Francisco, California
“Great Hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here the other night and I had the best night sleep I have had in a LONG TIME. The beds are so comfortable and the walls are perfectly insulated to where you can't hear your neighbors. According to other reviews it was suggested asking for a room facing the back parking lot to avoid street noise. We did just that and we received the last room on the first floor (#111) right next to the door to the parking garage. Other than hearing the door to the garage shutting a few times during the day, our room was amazingly quiet! Our friends had a room close to the lobby and on the street side but they didn't seem to have any complaints. I was in there for a while and heard a couple trucks pass but other than that it seemed fine.

One thing I want to point out is the woman at the front desk who checked us in was incredibly sweet and went above and beyond to help my friends and I get our rooms and get situated. She was so nice and helpful it made our stay so much better.

I would have given this hotel 5 stars except our friends' room wasn't available until 5pm (we got there at 3pm) and we found out it was because of a lack of blankets. My friends literally had to wait for the blankets in that room to be washed and dried before they could get their room! That is CRAZY. The owner really needs to consider investing in a few more blankets because that is just ridiculous. That said, the wonderful housekeeping staff was always seen working diligently at cleaning every room. They were so pleasant every time we would see them in the hall. They are truly the most pleasant staff here!! We made sure to tip them well. (They deserve it!)

The food area was very decent and had everything we needed to grab a bite to eat and start our day. Bonus points to the staff for keeping it clean and stocked with fresh food!

There is a CVS right next door (and not "too close" if that makes any sense) for anything you might want to pick up that you forgot to pack. It has a Chase ATM inside too. So nice!

For awesome Mexican food close by, we grabbed a bite at Mexico Lindo (1060 S Garey Ave) just down the street and every one of us thought it was delicious! (My favs were the crispy tacos and their salsa - SO GOOD!!)

This was my first trip to Pomona and I will definitely be coming back! The town is super cute around 2nd street with lots of antique stores, records stores and amazing food. We will for sure be staying at the Comfort Inn when we come back!!

Room Tip: Choose a room along the back of the hotel where the window faces the parking lot, to avoid street no...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

14 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Hanover
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was surprised by this hidden gem! Friendly staff! They let me check in early when I called and asked. I was very happy about this. Room was so clean and fresh! Safe location and easy parking. Clean and welcoming lobby. Elevators right there to 3rd floor. Would def stay again!

• Stayed July 2014
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I read many negative reviews about this hotel but I still decided to try one night because of the attractive price. Now I am very happy with my decision. The hotel is old but well maintained. Room is very clean, breakfast is very good. The clerk is super nice. When I came into the breakfast area, I found there was no sausage. I ask the breakfast clerk where is sausage and then noticed that I got up late and almost missed the breakfast schedule. To my surprise, the clerk went back to kitchen and cooked some sausage for me only. I really appreciate such good service.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Prescott, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We had the opportunity to stay at the Comfort Inn, Pomona, California. We arrived later in the afternoon, and were greeted by the greatest receptionist, she was happy and smiling and had us checked in, in the shortest time. The hotel is centrally located, close proximity to shops and restaurants. This is a great hotel and will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Nevada, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

spent 3 nights, room was clean, nice and roomy. Hotel overall was quiet, neighborhood could be better but we had no problems
Breakfast was good, staff was pleasant and kept the place clean
We'd go back if we end up going to another event in the area

Room Tip: Rooms along back of building were very quiet
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Highland, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

First time staying at a Comfort Inn and I was quite impressed. Room is fairly large if you get the two beds. Wifi connection isn't the greatest, but what do you expect? We were still able to stream music though. Breakfast in the morning was complimentary continental and they made sure none of the food ran out. Employees were very nice and they are people just like us that have to go to our day jobs. Be respectful and they will also be respectful.

Room Tip: Cheap prices for great quality.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I have stayed at this Comfort Inn at least a dozen times over the past several years. The quality has been declining recently, and this last visit was likely the final straw for me. The wifi connection in my room was so pathetic I couldn't use the internet in my room at all, there was a weird bright pink stain on the carpet, the large window facing the parking lot (in a ground floor room) was not only unlocked but wide open when I checked in, and the deadbolt lock on the room door took such an effort to turn that at first I thought it was broken. I will be looking into other hotels for my next stay in Pomona.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn Pomona? Share your experiences!