“Food is fab” 4 of 5 stars

Description: Restaurant website is: http://www.balticjoint.com/index.html
Pinole, California
“Food is fab”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I like going to The Baltic for their really good food, which is down-home, rustic German-style fare. I'm not too keen on the inside arrangement of the restaurant (the front room where the bar is has very little seating for dining, the back room is large and nearly devout of seating due to bands often playing, dance lessons, etc.), but I do love the patio/beer garden when the weather allows. Food is never a miss, though, and also not the beer!!

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Hayward, California, Usa
“Rediscovered”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

The last time I had dinner at The Baltic (some 20+ years ago) it was always one of my favorite Italian Restaurants. No way could the newest installation of cuisine and beer be any good or even compare. Well slap me down and make me sit up. I ate one of the best hamburgers and fries ever for lunch and the split pea soup was spot on. I was among a group of 16. The service was good and as I say the food was fabulous. I told the owner I had to leave early and I appreciated the special care. The Baltic has recaputred my heart. I love it all over again

• Visited May 2014
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Great food, great beer,great service, great location, live music.beautiful back patio!german and american food, delicious Bison Burger!

• Visited October 2013
San Francisco Bay Area
“Fun Times, Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Heard great things about this restaurant, and the music they have the first Friday of the month, so I came with a few friends to try it out. I had the BLT, which was very very good, my friend remarked that her saurcrout was not that great, and the garlic fries could dare to be a bit more flavorful, but overall it was a tasty satisfying meal.

Our waitress was fantastic. She offered for us to try the beers before deciding which to order, and had lots of great advice regarding the food and seating for the music, etc.

The live music was a blast, an eclectic crowd of music-goers of every kind came to see the band, mostly an older more mature group of all ethnicities, with a sprinkling of 20-somethings.

This was a great way to spend an evening. Will definitely have to do this again soon! :)

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“Hidden Gem in Pt. Richmond”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Good Food, Semi Fast service, and Pet friendly in the back deck. They even had a watering bowl for the puppies. I would recommend the chicken schnitzel with a side of mustard. They have a great selection of beer.

• Visited July 2013