“For a belly full of good food...” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: German
Description: Restaurant website is: http://www.balticjoint.com/index.html
Description: Restaurant website is: http://www.balticjoint.com/index.html
Martinez, California, United States
“For a belly full of good food...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Went for lunch with a friend. Not many patrons so the service was prompt. Tempted by the good list of German beer and a few ales, but it's a work day.
Lots of savory-sounding meat and schnitzel options and a few veggies. We were both very happy with our meals. I got the special - marinated thin sliced beef wrapped around roasted veggies. I just wish that the server had mentioned that it was substantially more expensive than what I was looking at on the lunch menu.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

85% Recommend
San Francisco, California
“Happy Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I wasn't expecting much when I decided that our small group (5 people) would try The Baltic. And when we arrived through the back door, I was glad I didn't have high expectations. The small dining room, with the back door wide open, was cold and a little breezy. Once we closed the door all seemed to get better... 3 of the 5 had a beer and everyone was happy with their choices. The appetizers of potato pancakes and brats went fast as they were surprising tasty. The applesauce was delicious! For main courses me and my guy had chicken schnitzel which was as good a schnitzel as I have had although it needed some sauce or something as its a rather plain dish. The roasted potatoes were perfect. I ate until I was full and still brought home an entire cutlet and part of another. The pickiest eater amongst us LOVED the sauerkraut and her pork chop. Another had medallions of pork with red cabbage and spaetzl. His plate left the table cleaned of everything. The lowest scores went to the steak and he still said it was fine.
Overall I was thrilled that we took a chance at the Baltic and we all left happy and full. We will definitely go back.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Depressing but unique”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

This used to be a great place with a good reputation, but the food prices are a bit high for what you get, and it would be nice if they turned the lights on now and again.( although, maybe not on second thought) The staff is pleasant. This is a great place to take your alcoholic brother, and now that I think further on it, maybe it has its good points. At least its cheaper than Hotel Mac and not as pretentious. A proletariat bar, good for a pint and a discussion with a retired professor on post modernism.

Visited October 2012
Point Richmond, California
“Best place for a pint in Pt. Richmond”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I like the Baltic - their food is good - try the Brats - and their mashed potatoes!! I think it's the garlic...very, very good. Very casual atmosphere, has a nice outdoor patio out back, it is obvious the owner (or perhaps co-owner) Jason actually cares about keeping his customers happy. If things are busy he is there to wait and/or bus tables. The vibe is a working class bar where real people go to have a pint or two as well as a place where families go for dinner. If you are in your twenties and like loud music, you can go their on Friday and Saturday night. The Baltic basically has something for everyone. Extra points for having an owner who obviously does care about customer satisfaction.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bordeaux
“Great Beers on Tap-Great Ber Garten !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

Great Beers on Tap-Great Ber Garten !! Enjoy the sun in the back terrace or live music and a neighborhood atmosphere in quaint village of Point Richmond.

• Visited May 2012