“Good food for breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Pine Grove, California
“Good food for breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We ate breakfast here twice. Omelets both times. Lots of food given and it is very good. They do something with their home-fried potatoes that makes them delicious. Outside seating is bench and picnic tables. Nothing fancy about this place, just good food, interesting people watching, friendly help, and outdoor eats.

Visited July 2013

63% Recommend
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good Food, Prickly Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We were recently in Point Reyes Station, and didn't see many food options. We chose the Pine Cone Diner, and it was certainly an experience. They sell mugs that read, "Good Food, Prickly Service" (we bought one). This is VERY true of the place from our experience.

When we walked in, every table was full except a very small two-seater to one end of the restaurant. We sat down, and saw a sign that read "If you choose to sit at this table, you have to stay at this table. Yes, we know it is small. That's it. Thank you. The Management of the Pine Cone Diner" The sign was a bit prickly.

The service was prickly as well. Our waitress was very cold, short, and to the point. She certainly wasn't rude, but I admit I was afraid to ask her for anything. It made the whole lunch feel a bit uncomfortable, and I was looking forward to leaving.

The food is actually quite good. I ordered a BLT with fries. The food was tasty, the fries were crispy and warm. I really enjoyed the food. If you're looking for a quick bite, the Pine Cone Diner is not a bad choice at all.

As long as you're not expecting warm, friendly service, I would recommend the Pine Cone Diner. It wasn't great, but it was an interesting little place.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“Buckwheat Pancakes/home made Corned Beef Hash”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We sat outside on a Saturday morning with our dog. The buckwheat pancakes were huge (short stack should be plenty) and the homemade corned beef has was excellent. They advertise organic ingredients and my eggs tasted very fresh (they were small, I wish I had ordered a third egg to go with the hash).

My wife's latte was huge and delicious.

Visited July 2013
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Perfect in every way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Happened upon the Pine Cone Diner in a serendipitous moment, and could not have been happier we did. Could not have asked for better food, coffee, service...perfect!

Visited May 2013
Novato, California
“Horrible rude service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Had lunch memorial weekend with family. Nice big picnic tables with dogs allowed. I use to live in the area and was very surprised at the attitude. Rude waiters, took one hour to get 2 hamburgers and a fish and chips ? Not that busy , need more waiters. They took other people's orders who came after us. Asked for silverware and they brought to end of table and just left. Waitress was very rude to us. Food was average nothing great. Just bad service, bad attitudes . Would not go back. I am very easy going but this was unacceptable.

• Visited May 2013