“Great wine and wine maker” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 34 Activities in Plymouth
Type: Wineries, Food & Drink
Sacramento, California
8 attraction reviews
“Great wine and wine maker”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

Quality wines, grapes from a number of vineyards. Very good even for Amador County

castro val
7 attraction reviews
“an overall best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

probably the best wines overall of the wineries we visited

Visited October 2011
Folsom, California
“The best Reds in Amador County!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

Runquist was one of the first wineries we discovered in Amador County and almost two years later, we still drop in when we can to buy some delicious wines. Jeff Runquist (the wine maker) buys his grapes from select vineyards throughout California. He has spent years choosing the best grapes from some of the best vineyards to ensure he produces a great wine for his customers year after year.

At this winery you will find 14 different red wines and we truly like every one. I am a huge lover of Zinfandel and Jeff has some of the best Zins I have tasted. The 2004 Cabernet Sauvignon & the 2003 Syrah is a must when your adding to your collection of wines.

- Joe www.allijoeswinelist.com

Visited March 2011
Wilton, California
3 attraction reviews
“A Step Past the Ordinary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

Jeff Runquist has been open for a few years, but I just found them last October at the Crush. I had to go back as soon as I could & now I stop in every time I am up in Amador county.
They buy their grapes from all over California so the variety is amazing. I won't drink grenache anywhere & ended up buying their's.
You are greeted with a plate of cheese & bread and the staff is very knowledgeable and friendly. I have taken many friends & family and they have lived up to my rave reviews everytime. Even Christmas Eve when some of the other wineries' staff was surly, they were exactly the same as every other day I've gone.

Visited April 2011