“Almost 4 stars” 3 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pleasanton at The Club

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pleasanton at The Club to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pleasanton at The Club
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7050 Johnson Dr, Pleasanton, CA 94588 (Formerly Hilton Pleasanton at The Club)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
AAA Offer- Save 5%
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Boise, Idaho
“Almost 4 stars”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Staying here a couple of nights on business. The hotel is nice, it looks recently updated, my room is clean and in good repair. Like most hotel chains the Hilton brands have cut back on amenities like soap and shampoo. They now come in tiny bottles which look lonely on the counter.

This hotel gets only three stars for a couple of reasons. First as a Hilton diamond member my perk is two water bottles. Really? I stay something like 75 nights a year spending over $12,000 and I get water? Not even an upgrade to a better room or the hhonors floor.

Second, as with most hotels we are within spitting distance of a freeway interchange. As usually happens my room is on the freeway side. This isn't really a bad thing except the windows are just not up to the task. If you build a hotel on a freeway please install sound proof windows. The constant freeway noise is not relaxing.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Aldie, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

While in San Francisco the hotel checked in my sister and gave her my room key all because she gave the same last name. My sister has her own room on a different floor and they didn't bother to ask for her first name to confirm. When asked why this happened the manager at the time (Hector) stated since she gave the last name that's why they checked her in but ENSURED me that she never went to the room. This was different from what I was told by my sister. The front desk staff became very rude and arrogant as I asked why wasn't an ID checked or even verified a first name. Hector stated multiply times that the policy is to give the key for E-Check ins without verifying ID's even if you have multiply of the same last names. Hector slide his card and the GM's card to me when I asked for his bosses information.

The next morning I got an email from the GM, Kevin who backed up his staff without any investigation at all. I then spoke to Daniel (The front desk Manager in the morning) and provided him a ROOM KEY that was left in my room. He established a timeline, got the KEY ID numbers and went to check the door.Daniel established that the front desk clerk (Austin), Front Desk Manger (Hector) lied about the salutation. They in fact did give her a key, she did go to the room and left a key in the room (this is how I discovered not only did they lie but this was my smoking gun). They stated (Austin, Hector) that she never left the front desk and my sister wasn't telling the truth at all. They in fact gave her details on my stay and which CC I had on file. If she wasn't my sister just imagine the damage she could have done

The arrogance of Hector, Austin and the GM Kevin is beyond unprofessional. I had a vaild concernt and I was pushed to the side like a piece of worthless meat at a butcher shop. If it wasn't for Daniel's professionalim and true customer service this wouldn't have been discovered.

I was contacted by all 3 individuals after Daniels findings. To be honest Austin's apology sounded sincerer but his lies is what started this whole situation. I think he was more sorry that he was caught. Hector didn't sound sincerer at all and had the tone like he was forced to do this. When I asked why didn't look into it like Daniel did he gave me a short answer of "I'm sorry and I should have", again not a response of someone who is sorry but being forced to apologize.

It was only Daniel who understood what could have happened if this wasn't a family member. They gave her 2 keys but she returned ONE! She could have came back, stole my IPAD, MAC Book pro and other count less items. If safety is big to you then don't go to this hotel.

Fatu Hiva, French Polynesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stopped overnight on our way to San Francisco. Hotel staff were friendly, helpful, and well trained. Our room was on the freeway side but the road noise was minimal. For light sleepers I would request a room away from the freeway.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Chico, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

We spent a weekend at the Doubletree by Hilton Pleasanton while in town for a friend's weddings. Rates booked online or by phone were the same at the time of booking, and we felt they were affordable considering proximity to the Bay Area. Hotel staff greeted us warmly upon arrival and were friendly and helpful during the entire stay. Rooms, lobbies and grounds were very clean. We will definitely stay here again when in the area.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Pleasant, courteous and helpful staff. Quiet, spacious rooms with very new appointments. Refrigerator with small freezer compartment, Drawer Safe for valuables, iron and ironing board, good closet space, fresh baked upon arrival and every morning.

Cancun
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I consider this is a great hotel because the room was super clean, nice, had a big desk, comfortable chair, multiple connections for laptop, phone, etc, connection to internet cost but it was very good and fast.
Bed was very very comfortable, room service good.
GYM was great, it was huge and neat.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stayed here overnight for work. Although I was early for check-in the staff was able to get me room quickly. The room was quite large and had a nice view of the pool. I was placed in the fifth floor which is reserved for Hilton Honors members. I would happily stay here again.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pleasanton at The Club? Share your experiences!