“Enjoying the DoubleTree Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pleasanton at The Club

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pleasanton at The Club to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pleasanton at The Club
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7050 Johnson Dr, Pleasanton, CA 94588 (Formerly Hilton Pleasanton at The Club)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
AAA Offer- Save 5%
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
“Enjoying the DoubleTree Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

If you've visited the eastern Bay area / Silicon Valley, you'll know how darned difficult it can be to get reasonable accommodation at a decent price in what I would guess to being the highest occupancy region in world. Yes, I am a Hilton HHonors member. Yes, I rack up the odd point or two. However, this upper mid-market line by Hilton ticks pretty much all of the boxes unless you REALLY need all of those extra luxe offerings.

This is the second DT I've stayed in recently. The rooms (that I've had) were cavernous. I literally could've ridden my skateboard around in there (I didn't...) Huge. comfortable, king-size bed with, I believe, pillow choices, but the "default" selection were excellent.

Tonnes of natural light and, while near enough to the ever-busy freeway, totally silent. I travel with my own hotspot so couldn't tell you if the wifi was good or not. FWIW, for my phone hotspot, the reception was crystal clear so no issues connecting, staying connected or page load speeds. Happy, happy.

The rooms were spotlessly clean. Simple. The bathroom, too was sparkling and fitted elegantly. While I'm sure this hotel has not been renovated in some time, the fittings remained timelessly elegant and maintained as new. I'm guessing this is a bit of a DT hallmark. Size wise, more than ample for this travelling manscaper with plenty of counter space to unload all of the necessary accoutrement to renovate this face on a daily basis.

Room lighting was also unusually good. One of my hotel bugbears is not having ceiling lighting. I get it. Much more maintenance etc. But then spend the time getting the lamping right. DT seems to do this much better than many hotels that consider themselves rated much more highly.

Reception staff, concierge, housekeeping were all friendly and helpful as necessary without being overbearing. It's location and proximity to the freeway was spot on given that I was in, out and around the area for a few days.

Oh, I'm just back-adding this while I was checking the "extra" info. One question is "Is this a romantic hotel?" Well, I didn't look at it that way. However, the couple in the room next to me may well have found romance in the air. I'm not sure if all rooms are set as possible adjoining. My recommendation is to ask for a non-adjoining room as it is less than, well, sound proof...It was absolutely hilarious, but would annoy and possibly offend some of the more sensitive or puritan types amongst us.

I was hosted by a local colleague and was surprised by the extent of the area. I thought Pleasanton was just a little town (from what I saw last time: call me a naive Aussie) but it is part of a huge metro-suburban sprawl. Huge number of great restaurants, bars, entertainment, shopping etc etc. And you are about an hour from Nappa Valley. Oh yeah.

Super plus? "The Club" fitness centre that adjoins the hotel. Chicken and egg. Not sure if the hotel was built around the gym or vice versa, but the usage rights for hotel patrons is awesome. I'm relatively lazy (I did skateboard across the parking lot to get there. Really) and there is every known facility for your health and fitness. I did a class that left me feeling great on the day but ached in all the right places for the next three days. Let's just leave it at that.

Yes, there are other major brands in the area. Yes, I chose DT because of my club affiliation. The room price booked directly through the Hilton site was far better than anything else I could find webtrawling. I did not use any points bonuses or give-aways. Whether the pricing was related to my status, I don't know. But in this neck of the woods getting a brilliant room at a decent price is a serious win. I am about to write a review for a tougher accomm battle: Mountain View. Stay tuned.

Room Tip: Ask if there are rooms that are non-adjoining. I found that the neighbour's noisy nocturnal acti...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
DoubleTree_PTown, CARE VP of Community Relations at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pleasanton at The Club, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Greetings Rob N,
WOW! What a wonderful review you left us. Thank you! I am glad you had the opportunity to visit the area and choose our property for your stay. We are very proud of our hotel and the staff and appreciate all the kind comments you posted about them. I am sure many fellow TripAdvisor followers will appreciate your comments since they covered such an array of our amenities, like Club Sport. Again, thank you for the glowing review.
We hope to see you again in the future when you travel our way.
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property and take care.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here for a weekend. Checkin was smooth without any issues, however we were given a room that was equipped for disability. Since we were not told about this at checkin, we discussed with the manager who immediately passed the onus to the booking site "hotels.com", this is incorrect. Hence the low rating.

See below:
Bathroom - Shower/tub combination, bathrobes, and free toiletries
Practical - Sofa bed
Non-Smoking

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
DoubleTree_PTown, CARE VP of Community Relations at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pleasanton at The Club, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Greetings RajivT,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property.
You mentioned that you received a room that was equipped for disability and that was incorrect. I apologize to you regarding this and that you were not made aware of the room type during check in. Saturdays have a higher demand for standard king bed rooms and sometimes, if you are with a group, we will accommodate the groups location with seniority.
I have however, shared your comment with the front desk team for review and training purposes. The room type could have been disclosed to you at check in and/or other means to resolve the matter.
Thank you again. Take care.
cloverdale, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The front desk was very helpful when we asked questions regarding directions, restaurants, etc. They were friendly to our children. The fitness club is amazing! We stayed at the facility for the good guys car show at the local fairgrounds. The lobby and restaurant are very nice. I would say the hallways and rooms need a little upgrading to match to lobby etc.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Greetings Shanda A,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property and thank you for choosing us for your stay during the Good Guys Car show. We are very gracious to be the host hotel for the Good Guys when they are in town. I am glad to hear that the front desk team was accommodating, helpful and kind. I will be sure to share your review with the team.
We have, however, recently finished a full renovation of our guest rooms and hallways. We do have plans to update our lobby and lounge/restaurant area in the future.
We hope to see you again in the future!
Ulm, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Rooms are modern, refurbished after the Hilton to Double Tree conversion - AC was very noisy which is a important disadvantage (use your ear plugs).

Nice pool with Jacuzzi on the backside - even the hotel seems to be just between 2 highways the access isn't so easy. Another disapointment was that they still charge non-status guests the Wifi access.

There nothing than the Gym Club around (no restaurants, shops etc.)

Recommend if you have to be in the area!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
DoubleTree_PTown, CARE VP of Community Relations at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pleasanton at The Club, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Greetings Joe1968,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property.
We are very proud of our recent remodel and are happy to hear that you enjoyed the room. I do apologize, however for the AC being too noisy for your comfort. I forwarded the comment to our engineering team to resolve the matter. I have also forwarded your concern regarding the High Speed Internet charge to our management team. We do strive to stay competitive with the surrounding full service properties in the Tri-Valley area.
pleasanton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I spent a Thursday night here for a lecture being held in the hotel on Friday. The staff was quick and helpful in the check in process and I was in my room quickly. It was quiet and very clean. I decided to go to the pool and hot tub......both were empty. Very clean and well laid out. I had a good night sleep. Breakfast and Lunch in the restaurant were quick and tasty. The wait staff was nice. I would stay here again with out a doubt.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Greetings Richard T,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property.
We are very proud of our staff and appreciate all the kind comments you posted about them. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed a good night’s sleep, our Player’s Restaurant and had an opportunity to utilize our out-door pool & jacuzzi, (gotta love Cali’s weather).
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The front desk staff was very welcoming and friendly.

Our hotel room was spacious, clean, and felt modern. The public areas were also very clean and modern and had a nice vibe to them.

The only thing that stopped me from giving this property an "excellent" rating is the fact that the walls are kind of thin and you will hear people talking in the hallway or the room next door. But, unfortunately, that seems to be an issue with all newer hotels, so that would not stop me from staying here again or recommending this hotel to others.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. And if I am ever back in this area, I would stay here again without question!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Greetings SheilaM1965,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property.
We are very proud of our hotel and staff and appreciate all the kind comments you posted about them. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and would visit again.
Thank you for sharing your comments and recommending our property.
Dallas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Very nice hotel in a easy location to get to by car and a complimentory shuttle service to nearby BART Station. Great breakfast, dining and Bar in lobby. Friendly helpful staff provided excellant answers to my questions.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pleasanton at The Club? Share your experiences!