“Not Impressed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pleasanton at The Club

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pleasanton at The Club to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pleasanton at The Club
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7050 Johnson Dr, Pleasanton, CA 94588 (Formerly Hilton Pleasanton at The Club)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save Up to 5% Off
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Riverdale, United States
“Not Impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I had four guests staying in one room, and the hotel did not communicate with me that I would get charged extra for it. I think Its completely ridiculous that a hotel would make me pay for two extra people, although I had a reservation for two beds, which fits four people. I stayed with a wedding party and was ensured my room rate would be $89 a night. My total came out to $109 because of the extra guest charge. When I looked in my bank account, I saw I was charge over charged. Another pain... Also, I would like to say that the Lobby and first floor of the hotel is great. It's nice and clean and updated. Once I got into my room, I was entirely disappointed. The rooms are very old and there's several stains. The bride and groom stayed in the Diablo Suite and I couldn't believe how pathetic the suite was. There was nothing special to it. It has stains on the furniture and carpet. Nothing made the experience special for the bride and groom. And I can definitely say the price of that room is outrageous. The price of the hotel rooms are way too much. I would have never paid the full price. Thank God I got a discount. I would never pay that much for a "not up to date" room. I would never stay here again. The hotel rooms need a major upgrade.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Santa Rosa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I've stayed at other Hiltons, but the staff from the General Manager on down thru the ranks are really top notch. My huge musical group has many needs and everything was taken care of with expert skill.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Imperial Bch
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Stayed here over the Labor Day weekend as we were working at the Scottish games; hotel rooms were very nice and comfy. Food on Thursday was awful in the bar - served cold. Saturday night the restaurant wasn't open which after 12 hours of work was a disappointment; however the manager did agree to serve us which was very nice of them.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Nevada City, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Excellent place, very clean, lobster ravioli excellent, manager Kevin very helpful, bartender (Jason?) also very nice. Blah, blah, blah (200 character MINIMUM is designed to make people NOT submit this type of review).

Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

The Hilton is located at the intersection of I-580 and I-680 which allows for easy access to the east bay as well as south bay and the valley. Our stay was just overnight on Labor Day weekend. The check-in staff was very efficient and friendly, lobby and pool area very nice. We did not visit the restaurant. There wasn't any noise from either freeway from our room or the pool area (located in the middle of the Hotel complex.

Room Tip: We were at the end of a wing away from the elevators so there was little foot traffic and the entire...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
San Rafael, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Nothing outstanding here, though the staff was very nice, but nothing really detrimental, either. Convenient location. We could hear the freeway but it came thru as white noise; pretty quiet considering the proximity. Food was pretty good tho the breakfast menu was kind of odd. They were willing to make subsitutions. One of phones didn't work and sink was plugged up but they made a note, so at least they cared. For one night, it was fine. Decor is revived 60's and very male. Mattresses a bit too firm, tossed and turned.

Room Tip: If you are a very light sleeper, ask to be away from freeway side.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
N. California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed here in conjunction with performing at the Highland Games, over Labor Day weekend. The hotel was fine, and staff were welcoming and efficient. The restaurant was another story. It was closed on Saturday night, only open to our group, and then it was staffed by just 1 waiter (for over 30 people). Breakfast the following morning was just as bad. The dining room was packed and there was only 1 wait person. I had to ask for a menu because they seemed to presume that everyone wanted the buffet. The food was average but the service was terrible. It was not due to staff underperformance, it was due to poor management. I felt very sorry for the restaurant staff, who were literally running to try to serve people.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pleasanton at The Club? Share your experiences!