“Pleasant Stay in Pleasanton” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pleasanton at The Club

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pleasanton at The Club to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pleasanton at The Club
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7050 Johnson Dr, Pleasanton, CA 94588 (Formerly Hilton Pleasanton at The Club)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save Up to 5% Off
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
“Pleasant Stay in Pleasanton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

Used Priceline to get this hotel. $70 for a very comfortable 3 star room in a great location. Easy access to anywhere in the Bay Area.

Room Tip: Free internet only in Lobby. This is typical for Hilton.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
MLIves, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pleasanton at The Club, responded to this review, January 20, 2012
Dear Cmh060,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you found the location and service levels of the hotel to your liking. We hope to see you return again soon.

Director of Front Office

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Mesa, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

I've been staying at this hotel on a corporate rate and would definitely recommend it for business travelers. The only downside I have is that at least one time per week I have problems with the internet. I'm hoping they get this fixed but it usually happens one night and is rectified by the following morning. The internet is free for Gold/Diamond but there is a fee for others.

The hotel provides you access to The Club Sport fitness facility and it is very nice. I don't receive room upgrades despite my diamond status and I've not been able to determine if this is due to hotel vacancy being limited or due to the corporate rate. I've gotten 1 upgrade but that was on a one night stay (my first night's stay) but all subsequent stays have been just the room I ordered.

As a loyalty member I would usually get access to a club/lounge but they do not have one at his hotel and therefore you get a card good for one free cheap beer or a sip of wine per night and they have some "food". The food is a group of veggies and cheese and then some finger food type and is usually something like a spring roll food. I'd say it's 70% has been spring rolls, I've seen meatballs once and pot stickers as well but not always that appetizing. The Sheraton across the freeway has a club that serves chicken quesadilla as a comparison. But this is available to the entire hotel vs only certain loyalty members so I do understand the cheaper alternative.

The rooms have LCD / Plasmas and a good working area. The rooms that face the 580/680 interchange are surprisingly quiet. I routinely have to face the freeway and really have never had a problem with noise. The staff is very nice and attentive although I never feel "recognized" even though I'm here every week.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
MLIves, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pleasanton at The Club, responded to this review, January 13, 2012
Dear Robertsonland,

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your recent business trips to Pleasanton. I am glad you have enjoyed your stays and that you found the property amenities to your liking. We try to make sure that all our guests feel welcome while staying with us, so we apologize that you have not felt recognized after multiple stays.

Thank you for sharing your suggestions, information like this will help us improve our offerings. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. If there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable, please let us know.

Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

The staff were very nice. I had a pet friendly room and there is a little area outside the room with grass for your dog, which was nice. BUT....my nonsmoking room smelled like pipe tobacco, they gave me only decaf coffee, and the breakfast buffet was HORRIBLE! There were no staff visible and another customer told me to just seat myself. The place was empty and most of the food containers were nearly empty, at 9 am. Nothing was replenished. The hot food was lukewarm so I was scared to eat it. I did manage to eat some raisin bran but that was it. I only ate here because it was complimentary with my Hhonors Gold membership. Hilton, do a better job with this place, or get rid of it.

Room Tip: Stay at the Residence Inn in San Ramon instead
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
MLIves, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pleasanton at The Club, responded to this review, January 6, 2012
Dear CRHOregon,

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your pet-friendly room and that you found the staff helpful. I sincerely apologize that the complimentary breakfast was not the quality expected. We look to reviews to provide insight, so I certainly appreciate your feedback.

As usual, if there is anything additional we can do to enhance our services, please let us know. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you again, should your travels bring you back this way.

Seattle, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

Stayed for one night on a business trip in November 2011. Front desk staff was helpful and friendly. Room was clean and comfortable. My only complaint is a minor one: the bathroom tissue and toilet paper seemed very rough, not what I'm used to at a Hilton (or at home, for that matter). Room service breakfast arrived prompty and was reasonably warm, if not exactly hot. Visited the Ruby Hill Winery while in town and really enjoyed the Sunday afternoon wine tasting.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
MLIves, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pleasanton at The Club, responded to this review, November 28, 2011
Dear TM_Trademark,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. I apologize that the tissue and toilet paper were not to your liking and will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

I stay here regularly for business travel to Pleasanton. The rooms are comfortable and the restaurant is good (but expensive). The main reason I stay here over and over again is for the free access to Club Sport which is a very high end gym where you can take classes or use any piece of equipment imaginable.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
MLIves, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pleasanton at The Club, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
Dear Kathi75,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Pleasanton at The Club while you are in town for business. I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your recent stays with us and that you have been able to take advantage of our complimentary access to Club Sport. If there is anything we can do to enhance our services, please let us know. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

Totally pedestrian hotel. Had a fourth-floor room overlooking the pool and garden in the back. Parking is a little bit of a hike. Pantry food options are extremely over-priced. Sleep quality was okay only because I was at the end of the hall (and still heard a lot of hallway noise). I'd give this an average score.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Dear ladodgerone,

Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. I am happy to hear you found the room to be comfortable and the location convenient for your travels. We hope to see you return in the near future.

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

We were here on a mini vacation for several days while my husband was on business. The staff is very helpful and nice at the front desk as well as the dining room. It is a bit secluded and you need to drive to get to nearest convenience store. Starbucks is near as well as In & Out and Taco Bell and we love that since we were traveling with our kids.
The rooms are okay. I would give the hotel a 5 star review if the rooms included a microwave and if they had queen size beds standard in all the rooms. They did provide us with a mini-refrigerator. The bathroom amenities are great, Peter Thomas Roth. The maid service was wonderful and they always did a fabulous job. The walls are a bit thin, we could hear our neighbors so I was weary that they could hear us.
If you love to work out, this is the hotel for you. The gym is complimentary and kids can rock climb during certain hours, play ping pong and use the kid friendly pools all for free. We preferred the swimming pool at the hotel for the privacy and beautiful water falls. Stay on the 2nd floor for quick access to the gym. You will love the gym.
The complimentary breakfast buffet for breakfast is very good with made to order eggs and a variety of fruit and more. They also have happy hour with complimentary snacks and happy hour in the evenings. If you love Nordstrom, it is nearby as well as PF Changs and Cheesecake Factory. This was a nice stay for us and I recommend it for anyone!

Room Tip: Stay on 2nd floor but on facing east. West side has terrible view.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
MLIves, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pleasanton at The Club, responded to this review, October 22, 2011
BuyBuys,

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience with us. We are always looking for new ways to improve our guests’ rooms and I will make sure to share this information with our team. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the future. Have a Great day!

Yours in Service,
Matthew L. Ives
Director of Front Office Operations

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pleasanton at The Club? Share your experiences!