“Decent Courtyard with some minor drawbacks” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #6 of 14 hotels in Pleasanton
“Decent Courtyard with some minor drawbacks”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This is a typical post-renovation courtyard and overall I was pleased with service, food and the room. The've got a pool area which is nice. The minor drawbacks included: the view from the rooms is either the parking lot or the pool (depending on which side you're on), the workout room is tiny about 20 feet by 8 feet and has a handful of treadmills one bench and some assorted dumbbells, no elevator so if you're on the second floor be prepared to carry your luggage up the stairs (so you're going to get a workout whether you use that tiny room or not). For business it's fine. The location leaves something to be desired as there's not much around without driving at least a couple miles.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor as there is no elevator.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
GMLowe, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasanton, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thanks for your recent review and we are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Within a couple weeks we will be re-purposing our former spa area to an expended workout room, which will be the final piece of our current renovations.

We do have and elevator located in the NE corner of the hotel accessing all 3 floors. Some rooms can still be a walk from the elevator. We work hard to accommodate requests for either the first floor or nearer to the elevator if needed.

Thanks for choosing Marriott.

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Redding, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

The staff is fantastic. They go out of their way to help in any way needed. One member of our group needed a tie for the next day. The front desk clerk went home on her break and brought him a tie to use. I stayed for a week and had a king room. The room was very clean, spacious and comfortable. It has a living area with a love seat and coffee table and a desk area with a very comfortable chair. The wifi access is very easy and fast. Breakfast was included with the room and they offered many different types of selections. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
GMLowe, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasanton, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. Your colleague shared the storey of the tie with me while he was here. Shauna was the one that helped, she is a great asset to our hotel.

We hope you can come back again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there for one night and accidently left my watch in the room while checking out. on my way back to Philadelphia I just realize it but it was too late. I make a phone call and the staff named Eden was really helpful and managed to send the watch back to me. The watch has a sentimental value thus very important to me. Thanks to Eden - and the great staff there. Lovely hotel.

• Stayed May 2013
GMLowe, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasanton, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, and I am glad we were able to get your watch back to you promptly. I will make sure to pass on your comments to Eden.

Thanks for choosing Marriott!
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I was rather disapointed in staying at this marriott I have been to others but was a bit put off by the was the rooms were out dated and smelled of paint and mothballs. The staff was friendly and the room was a good size, by I like a more updated room when I stay at a marriott hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GMLowe, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasanton, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for your comments and submitting a review. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations in Februay.

However I am pleased to let you know that in late February we began our rooms renovation and it was full complete on April 12th. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to come and enjoy our brand new rooms!
Mill Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

They have great people working there and keep their staff. Nice lounge and cool restaurant that is casual but chic. I love the pool area and nice seating so you can do business outside or inside. This is the place I put all my people when they come to town and there has never been a hiccup or complaint.

Room Tip: Pool view is sunny
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GMLowe, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasanton, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you! we are glad you enjoyed your stay. Renovation is complete and all rooms are looking great.
San Diego
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I wanted to respond after reading the post about not calling if you left something. I would like to say I left both my Tiffany Co. wedding rings (I know how stupid) in the top drawer of my room. I didn't realize this until I was at the SFO airport. I called hopped back in the car and called them on the way. Not only did they go check the room to get them for me but they were very kind and helpful. If I can get 15K worth of jewelry back I would say that is a pretty honest staff. I had a positive experience with the staff on my two stays for 4+ days.

Having said that, the hotel rooms are loud. I had to change my room one night. You can hear the doors of the other rooms opening and closing as they slam shut very loud. The second time we stayed they were doing renovations near our room which was annoying. The best are comfortable but overall it is a pretty noise paper thin walls type hotel. Next time I will be trying the Hyatt House.

Can't say enough about the staff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for you kind comments regarding lost and found. We work very hard to retain and return items to our guests.

You will be glad to know that our rooms renovations are now complete and with the exception of removing the box containers from the lot there is no more activity, we hope that you come back and try us again.
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I arrived and they had lost my reservation, I showed them my confirmation email but that didnt seem to do any good. I asked if they had rooms available and they did, but for some reason wanted to get to the bottom of why they couldnt find my reservation. I had just flown all day and wanted a bed, not to stand arguing with anyone. Once they gave me a room it was on the third floor and the hallway to my room was closed so I had to walk around the entire hotel and carry my bags up to the third floor since the elevator was not working due to construction.

The room itself was fine, it had recently been updated. They could have put more effort in the bathroom, but that is typical. I was awoken at 5 AM by the construction crew coming in which was frustrating. The bed was pretty comfortable and the room was clean.

The restaurant up front was quick and tasted pretty good for breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments, and I am glad you enjoyed the updated room. I apologize about the mix up with the reservations? if there is anything I can do please contact me.

I am sorry that the renovations inconvienenced you, we worked very hard to minimilze guest impacts as much as we could. We are completely done with the work now and all rooms have been renovated.

Please come see us again.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Pleasanton? Share your experiences!