“In response to the do not call them if you left something post...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Pleasanton

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #7 of 14 hotels in Pleasanton
San Diego
“In response to the do not call them if you left something post...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I wanted to respond after reading the post about not calling if you left something. I would like to say I left both my Tiffany Co. wedding rings (I know how stupid) in the top drawer of my room. I didn't realize this until I was at the SFO airport. I called hopped back in the car and called them on the way. Not only did they go check the room to get them for me but they were very kind and helpful. If I can get 15K worth of jewelry back I would say that is a pretty honest staff. I had a positive experience with the staff on my two stays for 4+ days.

Having said that, the hotel rooms are loud. I had to change my room one night. You can hear the doors of the other rooms opening and closing as they slam shut very loud. The second time we stayed they were doing renovations near our room which was annoying. The best are comfortable but overall it is a pretty noise paper thin walls type hotel. Next time I will be trying the Hyatt House.

Can't say enough about the staff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GMLowe, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasanton, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for you kind comments regarding lost and found. We work very hard to retain and return items to our guests.

You will be glad to know that our rooms renovations are now complete and with the exception of removing the box containers from the lot there is no more activity, we hope that you come back and try us again.

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I arrived and they had lost my reservation, I showed them my confirmation email but that didnt seem to do any good. I asked if they had rooms available and they did, but for some reason wanted to get to the bottom of why they couldnt find my reservation. I had just flown all day and wanted a bed, not to stand arguing with anyone. Once they gave me a room it was on the third floor and the hallway to my room was closed so I had to walk around the entire hotel and carry my bags up to the third floor since the elevator was not working due to construction.

The room itself was fine, it had recently been updated. They could have put more effort in the bathroom, but that is typical. I was awoken at 5 AM by the construction crew coming in which was frustrating. The bed was pretty comfortable and the room was clean.

The restaurant up front was quick and tasted pretty good for breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments, and I am glad you enjoyed the updated room. I apologize about the mix up with the reservations? if there is anything I can do please contact me.

I am sorry that the renovations inconvienenced you, we worked very hard to minimilze guest impacts as much as we could. We are completely done with the work now and all rooms have been renovated.

Please come see us again.
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

This is about as normal a Courtyard as you can find and fortunately they are updating it now. But, this means no elevator, you have to schlep your stuff up the stairs. The pool is outdoors and closed. Our reservation was screwed up and they damn near made it worse by pulling someone else's res from next month with a similar name rather than fixing ours. The plumbing is weak, low flow water and easy clog pipes and the electric has some kind of flow preventer so my blow dryer took an hour.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the courtyard! I apologize the the renovation work inconvienenced you, we worked hard to minimilize the impacts to our guests. We have completed the work and all rooms have been updated.

I am sorry that the pool was still closed during your visit, we do close it for the winter from November through April. We will also be renovating our former spa area, utilizing the space to expand our fitness room.

Please come back again.
South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

The hotel was everything a Courtyard should be - conveniently located, comfortable, and quiet. The bistro food and beverage was much better than you would expect in this price range, and the staff was great. (Hi Eden!)

My room (224) was tomb-quiet and the bedding wasn't overly soft like some brands are moving to. Of course, this is personal preference, but I like the firmer feel. The wi-fi is the fastest I've every experienced in a public setting - even the complimentary speeds are plenty for good Skype conversations. You can pay $4.99 for faster (free to Gold and Platinum Rewards peeps), but you may not need it.

Check to see if your company or client has a negotiated rate - it can save you a lot of money.

I will be back next week.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GMLowe, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasanton, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for your review and kind comments regarding the staff and hotel. We work hard to make your experiencde a great and memorable one.

We look forward to having you back this week. We only have a few renovated rooms back so far, but almost half of the hotel will be done by the end of the week.

Thanks for choosing Marriott.
Downers Grove, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great hotel to hang out, wonderful rooms and great staff. Not much on negotiating for a large group, but other than that a nice hotel and staff. Location was great to get to food and other businesses.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GMLowe, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasanton, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your stay! and even though you liked the rooms please come join us again with our newly renovated rooms beginning March 4th!
Napa, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a few days last week. I was very disappointed with the light blankets on the bed. I'm used to having a heavy comforter provided during my hotel stays. Also, I was given a room right next to the elevator which was noisy and not where I wanted to be. I was surprised since the hotel didn't appear that busy.

The breakfast at the hotel was okay. I liked the convenience of being able to have breakfast there instead of having to drive around to look for somewhere to eat. The food staff were overall nice and friendly.

My major complaint about this hotel is that I called them the day after since I left my phone charger in my room. The woman I spoke to abruptly cut me off before I could explain to her where I left it. When she finally came back on the phone, she said "Sorry I didn't find it." I never even had an opportunity to tell her my name, the room I stayed in, where I left it, or what it looked like! I tried again to tell her that l left it IN MY ROOM, and she said she would talk to the cleaning staff if they found it and call me back to let me know. I knew after I hung up she wasn't going to bother to ask (primarily because I had to volunteer my room number and she didn't bother taking my name or asking when I stayed there). It's been 3 days and I've yet to receive a call. Fortunately my company has several hotels where we can stay at in Pleasanton -- I won't be opting to stay here again and will be advising my Kaiser colleagues to stay away as we'll.

Room Tip: Don't get a room right next to the elevator
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I just finished a 3 day stay at the Courtyard by Marriott in Pleasanton. The hotel is located close to several major companies (Oracle, Safeway, Kaiser to name a few). I stayed on the second floor on the outside. I didn't have any problems with noise unlike some travelers have reported. We were in room 269 which was far from the elevators.

The facility was clean and pleasant. Breakfast was included as part of the corporate rate. The breakfasts were very good. Fresh fruits, yogurt parfaits, breakfast sandwiches, etc. It was a great way to start off the day.

The fitness facility was a little small for the size of the hotel. There are 3 treadmills and one elliptical machine and a weight bench. The mornings can be busy when business travelers are trying to squeeze in a workout before they start their day.

There was a slight mixup with our hotel room but I think it might have been the fault of the travel agency, not the hotel. The hotel didn't go out of its way initially to fix the problem but we did come to an amicable solution.

I saw some complaints from other reviewers regarding the mattresses. I slept on the hide-a-bed with some extra pillows and didn't have any problems at all. My friend slept in the king bed and didn't have any complaints, though I thought the mattress seemed rather thin. From the GM's previous comments, they are replacing the mattresses this year.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
GMLowe, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasanton, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for your comments and I am glad you enjoyed your stay.

Our renovation begins on February 22 and along with replacing the mattresses we will be expanding our workout room. We will be closing our Spa and filling it in to increase the size of our workout space as this is what our guests are requesting.

Look forward to hosting you again when you are in town.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Pleasanton? Share your experiences!