“Excellent Choice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
South Carolina
“Excellent Choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

The hotel was everything a Courtyard should be - conveniently located, comfortable, and quiet. The bistro food and beverage was much better than you would expect in this price range, and the staff was great. (Hi Eden!)

My room (224) was tomb-quiet and the bedding wasn't overly soft like some brands are moving to. Of course, this is personal preference, but I like the firmer feel. The wi-fi is the fastest I've every experienced in a public setting - even the complimentary speeds are plenty for good Skype conversations. You can pay $4.99 for faster (free to Gold and Platinum Rewards peeps), but you may not need it.

Check to see if your company or client has a negotiated rate - it can save you a lot of money.

I will be back next week.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GMLowe, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasanton, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for your review and kind comments regarding the staff and hotel. We work hard to make your experiencde a great and memorable one.

We look forward to having you back this week. We only have a few renovated rooms back so far, but almost half of the hotel will be done by the end of the week.

Thanks for choosing Marriott.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Downers Grove, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great hotel to hang out, wonderful rooms and great staff. Not much on negotiating for a large group, but other than that a nice hotel and staff. Location was great to get to food and other businesses.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GMLowe, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasanton, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your stay! and even though you liked the rooms please come join us again with our newly renovated rooms beginning March 4th!
Napa, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a few days last week. I was very disappointed with the light blankets on the bed. I'm used to having a heavy comforter provided during my hotel stays. Also, I was given a room right next to the elevator which was noisy and not where I wanted to be. I was surprised since the hotel didn't appear that busy.

The breakfast at the hotel was okay. I liked the convenience of being able to have breakfast there instead of having to drive around to look for somewhere to eat. The food staff were overall nice and friendly.

My major complaint about this hotel is that I called them the day after since I left my phone charger in my room. The woman I spoke to abruptly cut me off before I could explain to her where I left it. When she finally came back on the phone, she said "Sorry I didn't find it." I never even had an opportunity to tell her my name, the room I stayed in, where I left it, or what it looked like! I tried again to tell her that l left it IN MY ROOM, and she said she would talk to the cleaning staff if they found it and call me back to let me know. I knew after I hung up she wasn't going to bother to ask (primarily because I had to volunteer my room number and she didn't bother taking my name or asking when I stayed there). It's been 3 days and I've yet to receive a call. Fortunately my company has several hotels where we can stay at in Pleasanton -- I won't be opting to stay here again and will be advising my Kaiser colleagues to stay away as we'll.

Room Tip: Don't get a room right next to the elevator
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I just finished a 3 day stay at the Courtyard by Marriott in Pleasanton. The hotel is located close to several major companies (Oracle, Safeway, Kaiser to name a few). I stayed on the second floor on the outside. I didn't have any problems with noise unlike some travelers have reported. We were in room 269 which was far from the elevators.

The facility was clean and pleasant. Breakfast was included as part of the corporate rate. The breakfasts were very good. Fresh fruits, yogurt parfaits, breakfast sandwiches, etc. It was a great way to start off the day.

The fitness facility was a little small for the size of the hotel. There are 3 treadmills and one elliptical machine and a weight bench. The mornings can be busy when business travelers are trying to squeeze in a workout before they start their day.

There was a slight mixup with our hotel room but I think it might have been the fault of the travel agency, not the hotel. The hotel didn't go out of its way initially to fix the problem but we did come to an amicable solution.

I saw some complaints from other reviewers regarding the mattresses. I slept on the hide-a-bed with some extra pillows and didn't have any problems at all. My friend slept in the king bed and didn't have any complaints, though I thought the mattress seemed rather thin. From the GM's previous comments, they are replacing the mattresses this year.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
GMLowe, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasanton, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for your comments and I am glad you enjoyed your stay.

Our renovation begins on February 22 and along with replacing the mattresses we will be expanding our workout room. We will be closing our Spa and filling it in to increase the size of our workout space as this is what our guests are requesting.

Look forward to hosting you again when you are in town.
Pakistan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed as part of my trip to San Francisco. The rooms were nicely done, front desk was friendly and the lobby was comfortable. Stayed on 2nd floor room and had almost none of the issues. Remember that its part of the affordable line of Marriott hotels, not a Marriott class hotel.

Room Tip: Take a room with window opening on the parking side in winters. Nice and quiet view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
GMLowe, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasanton, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for your response and we are glad you enjoyed your room and your stay. Beginning February 2013 we will only be getting better with our new rooms, come back and visit us soon.
San Gabriel Valley
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This was our first stay at a Marriott hotel. We were excited at first because of the reputable Marriott name. However, our excitements were quickly dashed by the following disappointments: uncomfortable beds, thin walls between rooms (could almost hear conversations), sticky bathtub basin, dirty/sticky counter tops (both in the bathroom and the desk area), loud and disturbing footsteps from the floor above us (into the night and early in the morning), loud and constant opening and closing of doors both from neighbors and across the hall (even early Saturday morning), a dirty sock on the floor left from a previous guest, and poor customer service when we called for front desk assistance (we asked for toothpaste and for someone to come and pick up the dirty sock...no one ever came...seems the front desk person was having trouble getting a hold of someone to help us).

We did enjoy the breakfast, and appreciated the affordable rate and working heater.

Room Tip: As the GM suggested in response to another review, request a top floor room, and preferably one at t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback. I would like to apologize as the stay was not up to your expectations, and we clearly missed a few things in your room. We will be renovating our rooms begininning February of 2013 including new mattresses. I hope you can come back and try us again. If you would like please contact me personally.

Thank You!
Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This Courtyard was like most others, nothing dramatically different (better or worse) in regards to the hotel. The service was extremely friendly, both at the front desk and at the Bistro for breakfast. The rooms were pretty loud, and the beds not terribly comfortable, but for the price paid, it was a good stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GMLowe, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pleasanton, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Pleasanton Courtyard and you kind comments. Please come back and join us after our renovation in early 2013 including new beds.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Pleasanton? Share your experiences!